New Engine Patches uses twice as much CPU/GPU yet causes insane micro stutter and lag

"
brzroman wrote:
"
Henry_GGG wrote:
"
Golden_Ducky wrote:
Ever since the 6gb patch arrives poe been giving me insane stutter and lag, with shader bar on the F1 chart constantly maxing out (which i think thats the reason for the lag)

The engine changes required some shaders to be generated again by your client.
Over time, this will become less of a problem, as the shaders populate again.
This is intended and expected behaviour after a significant engine change has occurred.
We bundled what we could with the initial engine patch, however we can't include every shader for every combination.

Using the Vulkan or DX12 renderer should lessen the impact of shader generation while in combat.

I have 5gb of dx11 shaders and 11gb of vulcan shaders in the cache folder. Lets say its not everything i need, but i tried to play the game after big engine patch.

With Vulcan, which was preferred render for me prepatch, shader bar in the performance metrics is permanently full during simulacrum waves. Goes away only when there is no combat. I spent some time in simus, its not based on one single wave experience.

If we can provide any details/useful info, let us know how.

"
Kykris wrote:
When will the admins fix the problem? before the update, everything worked fine, I tried everything I could to fix the problem for 2-3 days, but all that I understood that helps is to restart several times. friezes go away but hard drawdowns remain, and if you turn off multithreading, friezes go away but FPS is not enough for a normal game

Can you please send me your client.txt file and your production_config.ini file.
After uninstalling and reinstalling the game, I got very little improvment. I just did the following just now and it seems to be back to normal.

Ran Packcheck.exe
Went in and physically and deleted ALL of the various shader contents in the folders

Seems that the shaders are being createde quickly and smoothly with very little stutter. Before deleting the contents, recreating shaders while not deleting the originals, seems to have lagged my system. Not really sure how this works but it resolved my issue.

Hope this helps someone other than myself.
this doesnt happen to me on linux
"
Henry_GGG wrote:
Can you please send me your client.txt file and your production_config.ini file.

google drive links in the PM box
I did some testing with Power consumption.

Path of Exile:
- Lowest possible settings, 800x600 resolution
- Most shaders should be done already(30 min of gameplay before without changing anything)
- T16 Kirac maps, not even delirium
- Locked 120 fps frame rate

Average Wats: 231.2337909647

Baldur's Gate 3:
- Ultra/High 1080p
- Locked 120fps
- Starting Location(Ship)
- I played normal

Average Wats: 200.0

I know that the measurement is not scientific in any way, but it only shows how absurd the situation is.

On Probation Any%
"
Dxt44 wrote:
I did some testing with Power consumption.

Path of Exile:
- Lowest possible settings, 800x600 resolution
- Most shaders should be done already(30 min of gameplay before without changing anything)
- T16 Kirac maps, not even delirium
- Locked 120 fps frame rate

Average Wats: 231.2337909647

Baldur's Gate 3:
- Ultra/High 1080p
- Locked 120fps
- Starting Location(Ship)
- I played normal

Average Wats: 200.0

I know that the measurement is not scientific in any way, but it only shows how absurd the situation is.

I think you forgot the switch BG3 screenshot to show in watt because it looks like it's in ampere, just wanted to point that out.
"
I think you forgot the switch BG3 screenshot to show in watt because it looks like it's in ampere, just wanted to point that out.

Current doesn't matter mate. Look at total energy and do math.
On Probation Any%
Last edited by Dxt44 on Aug 4, 2023, 8:21:20 AM
Any solution to the update ? ever since i've been failing blight frequently, died of lag and took 30 sec to 1 minute + to re-enter map!!

Ryzen 4800h cpu, it was smooth before the update but now it's stupidly lag and crash every so often. What happened? why gives update that ruined the game? GGG ??

"
IQof3 wrote:
After uninstalling and reinstalling the game, I got very little improvment. I just did the following just now and it seems to be back to normal.

Ran Packcheck.exe
Went in and physically and deleted ALL of the various shader contents in the folders

Seems that the shaders are being createde quickly and smoothly with very little stutter. Before deleting the contents, recreating shaders while not deleting the originals, seems to have lagged my system. Not really sure how this works but it resolved my issue.

Hope this helps someone other than myself.

Didn't help me,... that's the first thing I did day #1 of the destruction patch.

I'm not re-installing, or wasting my time playing with the setting of the client, windows, or anything for that matter. Other games run fine.

Game worked fine, destruction patch applied so now it does not, so the game is off until fixed, and doing other things. Why so many wasting time trying to fix something you can't.

All I'm doing is checking forums. Not played since day #2 of destruction patch.

Chuter.
"
Dxt44 wrote:
I bought some stash tabs. Maybe it will help.
Problem with performance is not predictable, it's happen random from client perspective.
So these tips from community you can put it in the basket. It's game problem, not your machine. Wait for fix.

Exact same thing I'm trying to tell people.

Also 44 is my favorite number, and hockey jersey number.

Chuter.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info