New Engine Patches uses twice as much CPU/GPU yet causes insane micro stutter and lag

"
So, how much time i have to wait?

1. Put your game client on an SSD.
2. Put the PoE shader cache on an SSD. (Add or change cache_directory in the General section of the PoE config file.)
3. Increase the size of the Nvidia shader cache (if relevant to you, it helped me).
4. Run white maps so you build up a shader cache for each tileset.

It took me about an hour. Took longer to figure out what to do than it did to do it.

Still unresolved: multithreading issues in the Rogue Harbor. I think that's a bug. DX12 works better for maps, Vulkan works better for Rogue Harbor.

Some users are reporting issues with delirious maps. I've run 40% delirious, blight and synthesis maps with no issues. But I'm in SSF and my character isn't juiced. They might be running into the same multithreading issue that the Rogue Harbor has.

how do i increase the size of the Nvidia shader cache ?
In the Nvidia Control Panel. Set this as high as your disk lets you get away with. (I set mine to Unlimited.)
but how? there is only an on/off option.
Mine provides a dropdown menu of different sizes. I'd suggest you update to the newest driver and research changing its Shader Cache Size. Good luck.
"
Mine provides a dropdown menu of different sizes. I'd suggest you update to the newest driver and research changing its Shader Cache Size. Good luck.

yeah i dont have that. i only have on/off in the dropdown menu. i'm on a laptop. not sure if that matters
"
Henry_GGG wrote:
"
Golden_Ducky wrote:
Ever since the 6gb patch arrives poe been giving me insane stutter and lag, with shader bar on the F1 chart constantly maxing out (which i think thats the reason for the lag)

The engine changes required some shaders to be generated again by your client.
Over time, this will become less of a problem, as the shaders populate again.
This is intended and expected behaviour after a significant engine change has occurred.
We bundled what we could with the initial engine patch, however we can't include every shader for every combination.

Using the Vulkan or DX12 renderer should lessen the impact of shader generation while in combat.

I see that recompiling shader is needed but after several hours ingame playing around maps and bosses, shaders bars still maxing out constantly and seems like it doesnt help at all
"
Dxt44 wrote:
"
The engine changes required some shaders to be generated again by your client.
Over time, this will become less of a problem, as the shaders populate again.
This is intended and expected behaviour after a significant engine change has occurred.
We bundled what we could with the initial engine patch, however we can't include every shader for every combination.

Using the Vulkan or DX12 renderer should lessen the impact of shader generation while in combat.

So, how much time i have to wait? I think like 20 hours is enough to compile some of them. Lol.
I have better performance in 4K with 2022, 2023 games with RT than in POE 800x600 resolution. Keep mocking us xD

This!
I ran the same area until shader bar didn't show up at all, then restarted the game and shader bar started maxing out in that same area again like I didn't just generate shaders for it. What could be a fix for that? Never close my game ever again?
Last edited by Andrew756 on Aug 2, 2023, 2:27:23 AM
2080 Super, 32GB DDR4 RAM, i9-9900KS CPU @ 4.00Ghz.

Getting ~22fps since this patch on both vulcan and DX12, however when running on DX11 i am getting 100ms+ but will lag like crazy when facing most packs. Before the patch i was running @ ~140 FPS on DX12. I hope there is a fix for this soon :(

PS. I have cleared my shader caches and followed the advice in this post.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info