New Engine Patches uses twice as much CPU/GPU yet causes insane micro stutter and lag

Ever since the 6gb patch arrives poe been giving me insane stutter and lag, with shader bar on the F1 chart constantly maxing out (which i think thats the reason for the lag). Ive noticed that many people has the same issur and i thought ill help provide another post to help report the problem.

My specs:

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-9300H CPU @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
Memory: 8GB
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050

(Yes i know its potato spec but the game was running quite fine before the patch, but now its really struggling for no reason after the engine update :( )
Last edited by Golden_Ducky on Aug 21, 2023, 9:22:35 AM
Last bumped on Sep 25, 2024, 8:24:10 AM
I can second this - pretty much the same specs with 3,4@ghz, gxt1050 and the game was running perfectly fine before, now needs quite lowered solution to be able to run. Please optimize the new patch. Thanks.
I can second this - pretty much the same specs with 3,4@ghz, gxt1050 and the game was running perfectly fine before, now needs quite lowered solution to be able to run. Please optimize the new patch. Thanks.
Can confirm, used to blasting juiced map with my laptop, I5 12th gen with 1650, 60 fps full HD windowed with normal CPU load, now my CPU always 100% and ill not talk about the fps and stuttering, hope can fix it before league lanch
same here. extreme studdering and very low fps. Used to play fine on all high settings. now i cant even play with everything set to its lowest settings. large groups of mobs in the area completely freeze to 0fps.
Can confirm too.
My rig is 5800x+6900xt+32GB, and I locked fps in the ganme option at 150fps.
Before patch I can got 150fps steady doing anything in my HO.
After patch I got significant lower fps even just walking around and cast some spells in my same HO.
Not mention unplayable FPS in the map.
Banned by TFT without a reason!
https://imgur.com/a/v447bMC
it’s impossible to play at all - of course, I have an old computer, but this patch completely killed the my gameplay( game is unplayable anymore) - 5-10 min loading - you can stand in the hideout with only 5-10 fps with bunch of fierce friezes and long loadings on maps - even moving between to different acts takes a lot of time - I don't understand why they did it - I hope they don't add it to Poe 2 without being able to let it play as it was before on poe 1 (add some kind of button that would make everything work according to the old system) - plus ggg didn’t even deign to write anything about this damn fucked patch what kind of madness - I can’t even trade because the players are loaded into my hideout for 5-10 minutes wtf ? it took 5-10 seconds before - these people can’t even accept a party for 5-10 minutes with whom I traded - even if they are in their hideout or in the Act city lol )))) i fucked this shit
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
mirror service

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2833366
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Last edited by nrgleon45 on Jul 29, 2023, 5:35:39 AM
welcome to the club
What the hell they did to the game, the lag issues are horrible now.
Yep, Microsttutering, fps dips, crashs, freezing, this new engine upgrade update is a mess.

i7 7700K 4.2ghz
GTX 1080 ROG STRIX 8GB
32GB RAM DDR4
SSD SANSUMG EVO850 250gb
WIN10 PRO
Soul of a Dragon, reincarnation of a Dragon in a human shell.

Always a Dragon in mind and soul.

Dragons Forever.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info