New Engine Patches uses twice as much CPU/GPU yet causes insane micro stutter and lag

bump
so this game lags badly even if playing on ssd ?
"
mortuus wrote:
so this game lags badly even if playing on ssd ?

if you have additional HDD in your pc, it will use that instead, there's a thread on this subject and went to check that for my own pc and lo and behold the game using my HDD that is in my pc for storage, nothing installed on it, not even windows or any old files or folder, open task manager while open a map and see what disk is accessing
We should not seek to use this power to change those around us, no... This power is a means for us to change ourselves. To be reborn as Wraeclast intends us to be. - The Slaying of the Gods //Oshabi//
Game performance is getting worse and worse after patch 3.23.2. Not everyone has a water-cooler on their CPU. Come on GGG, do sth. Summer is coming. I dont want to be a hideout warrior again.
Path of Exile's performance has been steadily decreasing more and more with every single update. Game badly needs to be optimized but why bother doing that when they can just jam in some more useless cosmetic crap and one-off mechanics that add to the grind? This game used to be my obsession but I've long since stopped due to the awful performance of the game across pretty much any PC, now I just check in every few years and find myself disappointed at the game running even worse somehow. Get it together GGG. Path of Exile 2 isn't even on my radar since PoE has been made into PoS.
Seconding the guy above me.

I've had to quit the game since the last update as no fixes i've tried have worked to sort the performance issues out, the game literally freezes during every combat situation which gets me killed losing my levels and wasting time

Thanks for making the decision to move away from the game quite easy, due to it being unplayable unless i invest 2k+ into new hardware.

Btw i'm currently using: i5 8500 liquid cooled, 32 gb ddr4, gtx1070, 2 ssd's, one for the game and one for the OS.

I know my specs are outdated, but jesus christ, some seconds i literally get 0 frames.
Since these issues don't seem to be fixed anytime soon, I'll just post my personal solution again here for those who absolutely can't play the game;

Game doesn't run at all on my own mid-ranged system ever since the particle upgrade went live ~6 months ago, so I decided to checkout Geforce Now's cloudgaming service early this league. Started out on their free plan which allows for you to play on rigs equipped with 2080ti's and fairly strong CPU's. Sessions are limited to 1 hour per, but no limit to those at all. Game ran butter smooth even on those free-to-play rigs, so I decided upgrading to a premium membership (queue skip+8 hour sessions on premium rigs) and am now playing on rigs equipped with 4080's and threadripper CPU's. All you need is a good and (most importantly) stable internet connection.

Don't ask me why, but their rigs have no issues whatsoever running the game. Now, is this optimal? No, certainly not. Having to pay a monthly subscription (unless you wanna stay on their free plan with 1 hour sessions) just to play PoE is obviously terrible, but if you have the pocket money for it and the game doesn't run at all on your own rigs for the time being, I highly recommend checking the service out.

That said.... FIX YOUR GAME GGG!
Last edited by SloppyJoker on Mar 15, 2024, 8:18:29 AM
Is GGG ghosting us? Where is the response on this extreme failure?

Why is their Shop the only thing that runs flawlessly and gets instant customer service responses?

+1

Latency spikes commonly occurs, overall performance of the game it's terrible, changing everything on parameters does not help and this is happening for months since the particule update.

My specs:

intel 8700k
evga gpu 3070 ti ftw3
resolution 2560x1440p
32 ram Gskill 3200mhz
Aorus Gaming 7
AX760
960 Pro
"
SloppyJoker wrote:
Since these issues don't seem to be fixed anytime soon, I'll just post my personal solution again here for those who absolutely can't play the game;

Game doesn't run at all on my own mid-ranged system ever since the particle upgrade went live ~6 months ago, so I decided to checkout Geforce Now's cloudgaming service early this league. Started out on their free plan which allows for you to play on rigs equipped with 2080ti's and fairly strong CPU's. Sessions are limited to 1 hour per, but no limit to those at all. Game ran butter smooth even on those free-to-play rigs, so I decided upgrading to a premium membership (queue skip+8 hour sessions on premium rigs) and am now playing on rigs equipped with 4080's and threadripper CPU's. All you need is a good and (most importantly) stable internet connection.

Don't ask me why, but their rigs have no issues whatsoever running the game. Now, is this optimal? No, certainly not. Having to pay a monthly subscription (unless you wanna stay on their free plan with 1 hour sessions) just to play PoE is obviously terrible, but if you have the pocket money for it and the game doesn't run at all on your own rigs for the time being, I highly recommend checking the service out.

That said.... FIX YOUR GAME GGG!

Buying a subscription to a streaming service to make a game playable without insane specs is an *awful* practice. This encourages devs to not optimize their game and argue that people should just upgrade their computer or pay a subscription fee. I absolutely refuse, I have the money but I'd rather spend it on ANYTHING that isn't encouraging a horrid ecosystem like this.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info