New Engine Patches uses twice as much CPU/GPU yet causes insane micro stutter and lag

I have to second about mtx, I was still have major issues and saw the post on here about the dude turning off some of mtx, and as soon as I turned off all my aura MTX, the sapphire crystalarium boots mtx, I saw major improvements which I didn't have after following most of the adjustments and recommendations people are offering.
Played flawlessly 90+ fps at league launch for weeks.

Wanted to hop back in to do some challenges and game is completely unplayable, 40 fps in my ho, 20 fps + super stutters while trying to do maps.
And Deli is beyond unduable, just a straight up slide show.

Note that none of this happened before and at most I dropped to 60-70 on juiced delis.
wheres the fix? this better be resolved by league start or i guess ill have to sit this one out. This is totally umplayable.
"
Henry_GGG wrote:
"
Golden_Ducky wrote:
Ever since the 6gb patch arrives poe been giving me insane stutter and lag, with shader bar on the F1 chart constantly maxing out (which i think thats the reason for the lag)

The engine changes required some shaders to be generated again by your client.
Over time, this will become less of a problem, as the shaders populate again.
This is intended and expected behaviour after a significant engine change has occurred.
We bundled what we could with the initial engine patch, however we can't include every shader for every combination.

Using the Vulkan or DX12 renderer should lessen the impact of shader generation while in combat.

I have 5gb of dx11 shaders and 11gb of vulcan shaders in the cache folder. Lets say its not everything i need, but i tried to play the game after big engine patch.

With Vulcan, which was preferred render for me prepatch, shader bar in the performance metrics is permanently full during simulacrum waves. Goes away only when there is no combat. I spent some time in simus, its not based on one single wave experience.

If we can provide any details/useful info, let us know how.
When will the admins fix the problem? before the update, everything worked fine, I tried everything I could to fix the problem for 2-3 days, but all that I understood that helps is to restart several times. friezes go away but hard drawdowns remain, and if you turn off multithreading, friezes go away but FPS is not enough for a normal game
Can't play after patch. Fix ur game please. all was good before it!
Game performance is much worse than before the patch with the engine/shader update. The patch stated, that the shader processing moved from the CPU to the GPU. Could anyone tell me why the GPU is then just at halv load (<50% with no fps limiter) when it was at >90% before? The GPU isn't as well utilized as before the patch. That seems for me the main issue why my FPS is now almost halved compared to before, dropping frames to under 20 when in a busy shaderrich environment.

The second reason for the low graphics performance seems to be the low memory usage of the GPU (<1GB on Vulkan, <2GB on DX11 and DX12)

In addition I have immense stuttering with multithreading on. With this option off, the CPU-lag flattens out but over all performance hasn't gotten better.

My graphic options I tried:

° Tripple Buffering: ON/OFF
° Vsync: fast/locked/off
° multithreading: ON/OFF
° API: DX11/Vulkan/DX12
° Dynamic Culling: ON/OFF

Shadows are kept at low and global illumination is turned OFF

My specs:
i7 3770k@4GHz
32GB RAM
GTX 1060 6GB
almost new 500GB SATA3 SSD

Would be nice if you could do something about it before the start of the next league ;)

Last edited by Futbeidl on Aug 9, 2023, 4:37:49 PM
"
Henry_GGG wrote:
"
Golden_Ducky wrote:
Ever since the 6gb patch arrives poe been giving me insane stutter and lag, with shader bar on the F1 chart constantly maxing out (which i think thats the reason for the lag)

This is intended and expected behaviour after a significant engine change has occurred.
We bundled what we could with the initial engine patch, however we can't include every shader for every combination.

Using the Vulkan or DX12 renderer should lessen the impact of shader generation while in combat.

Why does this shader creation do have to happen "on the fly" while playing?
The times shaders got forcefully deleted were the most annoying league starts for me because every new boss/ability had the chance of killing me due to stutter.

Can't there be some mode that just creates all the shaders it needs in like 20 minutes in advance?

I have no clue how this works technically but I kinda feel the way it is right now is the worst possible way since it also hurts the first impression for people that dont replay thousands of maps.
Last edited by Joernzen on Aug 3, 2023, 1:29:41 PM
"
Henry_GGG wrote:
Golden_Ducky wrote:

Not true. It has been weaks. No improvement at all.
What's happening?
Why can't you guys just remove this cursed patch so me and my friends can go back playing? Us and the clear majority of players.
Last edited by fenixsemcinzas on Aug 3, 2023, 3:05:26 PM
uninstalling and reinstalling has helped some but I can only play in full sceen mode with a max of 30 fps. In santum, breach, blight...etc i get ZERO FPS and crash to desktop at times..... This is even after a FRESH installation of the game and the shaders have already been redrawn. It was working just FINE before this patch!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info