New Engine Patches uses twice as much CPU/GPU yet causes insane micro stutter and lag

"
In the Nvidia Control Panel. Set this as high as your disk lets you get away with. (I set mine to Unlimited.)

Just remember that doing that under "global" and not per client effects everything you run on your PC. including the desktop.

Chuter.
I am not an expert, but i am no sure that games needs more cache space than default settings.

On Probation Any%
"
Joernzen wrote:
"
Henry_GGG wrote:
"
Golden_Ducky wrote:
Ever since the 6gb patch arrives poe been giving me insane stutter and lag, with shader bar on the F1 chart constantly maxing out (which i think thats the reason for the lag)

The engine changes required some shaders to be generated again by your client.
Over time, this will become less of a problem, as the shaders populate again.
This is intended and expected behaviour after a significant engine change has occurred.
We bundled what we could with the initial engine patch, however we can't include every shader for every combination.

Using the Vulkan or DX12 renderer should lessen the impact of shader generation while in combat.

Why does this shader creation do have to happen "on the fly" while playing?
The times shaders got forcefully deleted were the most annoying league starts for me because every new boss/ability had the chance of killing me due to stutter.

Can't there be some mode that just creates all the shaders it needs in like 20 minutes in advance?

I have no clue how this works technically but I kinda feel the way it is right now is the worst possible way since it also hurts the first impression for people that dont replay thousands of maps.

For four yrs. I have been begging for this.

I heard there is a way with the Steam client,...

In this day, and age people have terabytes of space. Just include ALL shaders with the client, or at least provide a complete shader pak players can optionally install if they wish.

This is a client that has been updating for what,... 8 yrs. now?

Should have done an unreal engine 5 overhaul for PoE2, or something because obviously it has reached it's breaking point I think.

Chuter.
"
Dxt44 wrote:
I did some testing with Power consumption.

I can't stop myself from commenting on how you managed to take the BG3 pic. right as the minute changed from 12 to 13, and it looks like a backward 6. :)

So off topic sorry.

Chuter.
"
Dxt44 wrote:
I am not an expert, but i am no sure that games needs more cache space than default settings.

About two weeks before the destruction patch I moved my shader cache from my operating system SSD. to my gaming SSD. where PoE is, and the cache is also unlimited now, and I have never played smoother.

"Go to: C:\Users\Your.Username\Documents\My Games\Path of Exile

Open: production_config.ini with Notepad.

Edit line: cache_directory=C:/Users/YourUsername/AppData/Roaming/Path of Exile/

Set that directory to where you want it to be, on your SSD."

Two weeks later game over haha.

Chuter.
Last edited by Chuter on Aug 4, 2023, 12:39:02 PM
Engine Multithreading is broken!
not matter the renderer is DX11 or Vulkan
with the same settings:
i7-10750H + RTX 3060 + Win 10 = everithing is OK
i7-2600K + GTX 970 + Win 7 = if the "Engine Multithreading" option is Enabled -> the CPU's lantency is going crazy, jumping up to 30x of the normal value than down to normal, several times in every seconds again and again, if the "E.M." option is Disabled -> the CPU's lantency is stable (but 2x of normal value)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ecg2ymhcNlc

admins when will you fix the game? otherwise it’s not possible to play, for 11 days people have problems
"
Chuter wrote:
"
Dxt44 wrote:
I did some testing with Power consumption.

I can't stop myself from commenting on how you managed to take the BG3 pic. right as the minute changed from 12 to 13, and it looks like a backward 6. :)

So off topic sorry.

Chuter.

This has to be the most misleading proof I've seen this year... sudden unit change, do you expect me to calc the W in my head and magically know what approximation that meter is using?

Edit: and even then you might be measuring the BG3 on a loading screen.... just ugh... only way i see this being feasible is somehow measuring total energy consumed over a period of time of 'normal gaming'
Last edited by AintCare on Aug 4, 2023, 3:54:13 PM
"
Chuter wrote:
"
In the Nvidia Control Panel. Set this as high as your disk lets you get away with. (I set mine to Unlimited.)

Just remember that doing that under "global" and not per client effects everything you run on your PC. including the desktop.

Chuter.

if per client you mean the application- I can't find it under poe.exe anyway
"
Dxt44 wrote:
"
I think you forgot the switch BG3 screenshot to show in watt because it looks like it's in ampere, just wanted to point that out.

Current doesn't matter mate. Look at total energy and do math.

total energy over a period of time? what are you saying here? you measured POE after BG3 obv that number will be higher...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info