New Engine Patches uses twice as much CPU/GPU yet causes insane micro stutter and lag

Hate to flog a dead horse here, but I'm in the same boat. Freezing, skipping, crashing, super long loading screens, even lag in my inventory. I don't have the greatest rig in the world, but it's brand new, unbloated, and dedicated to gaming. The only things installed on it are POE and that OTHER game. POE ran flawlessly before the patch, even full player mapping with multiple graphics killing builds going haywire was fine.

AMD Ryzen 7 7700 3.80 GHz
32g
3060ti

I'm old and bad at navigating forums, has anyone seen a response somewhere to this?
"
Mistriss wrote:
Hate to flog a dead horse here, but I'm in the same boat. Freezing, skipping, crashing, super long loading screens, even lag in my inventory. I don't have the greatest rig in the world, but it's brand new, unbloated, and dedicated to gaming. The only things installed on it are POE and that OTHER game. POE ran flawlessly before the patch, even full player mapping with multiple graphics killing builds going haywire was fine.

32g
3060ti

I'm old and bad at navigating forums, has anyone seen a response somewhere to this?

Hey, I am in the same boat, waiting for an official reply. I don't think there is any :/
Last edited by Lonesong on Aug 1, 2023, 11:59:29 AM
NO official announcement or etc about this problem, i think GGG don't care about us haveing problems to run their game after 6gb patch, i waiting here for 7-8 days already with patience, but GGG is complete silence about this huge mess they make for PoE 6GB engine update, thats broken our gameplay alot, like you sayd, microstuttering alot, freezing for 15s out of nowhere, crashes, and other huge problems, i hope they atleast are working on a fix for the freeze and crashes on silence, because if they are ignoring this, is very sad.
Soul of a Dragon, reincarnation of a Dragon in a human shell.

Always a Dragon in mind and soul.

Dragons Forever.
Last edited by Dragony100 on Aug 1, 2023, 1:26:22 PM
"
Mistriss wrote:

32g
3060ti

They are aware, fixes will come.
may need a new driver for nvidia etc..at some point
"
bariss wrote:
+1

and I get an error api-ms-win-core-file-l1-2-0.dll missing. Not missing. Also, after the error, the game opens after a long wait.

This is because you have Windows 7 or 8 and they're apparently dropping support for it. For now it still runs but you have to deal with the error box popping up on every launch of the game.
"
Golden_Ducky wrote:
Ever since the 6gb patch arrives poe been giving me insane stutter and lag, with shader bar on the F1 chart constantly maxing out (which i think thats the reason for the lag)

The engine changes required some shaders to be generated again by your client.
Over time, this will become less of a problem, as the shaders populate again.
This is intended and expected behaviour after a significant engine change has occurred.
We bundled what we could with the initial engine patch, however we can't include every shader for every combination.

Using the Vulkan or DX12 renderer should lessen the impact of shader generation while in combat.
"
Henry_GGG wrote:
"
Golden_Ducky wrote:
Ever since the 6gb patch arrives poe been giving me insane stutter and lag, with shader bar on the F1 chart constantly maxing out (which i think thats the reason for the lag)

This is intended and expected behaviour after a significant engine change has occurred.
We bundled what we could with the initial engine patch, however we can't include every shader for every combination.

Using the Vulkan or DX12 renderer should lessen the impact of shader generation while in combat.

On MACOS shader bar is going crazy and therefore crashes the game. With multithreading on I can't even enter my HO. What is the troubleshoot for that problem?
"

So, how much time i have to wait? I think like 20 hours is enough to compile some of them. Lol.
I have better performance in 4K with 2022, 2023 games with RT than in POE 800x600 resolution. Keep mocking us xD
On Probation Any%
Last edited by Dxt44 on Aug 1, 2023, 6:54:42 PM
Massive technical issues here post patch as well. CTD's in both vulkan and dx12 poor fps performance and constant stuttering as well before things do crash.

Everything was buttery smooth on the prior client. Unfortunately the game is unplayable now in it's current state for me.
I actually may have just made a breakthrough on my crashes and issues. My crashing seems to be tied to the divergence dash effect. I figured it out as my crashes were more consistently tied to dashing. With the MTX on I crash extremely consistently with especially when dashing with it off I was able to make it through a map without issue. Putting it back on led to an immediate crash the first time I attempted to dash.

If you are crashing try disabling your MTX's one by one to see if that helps as my issue seems to be directly tied to that specific MTX. I'm going to continue testing but so far it seems tied to that particular MTX.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info