New Engine Patches uses twice as much CPU/GPU yet causes insane micro stutter and lag

Why is the performance getting worse if the game looks the same and it plays the same as it did years ago? wtf is going on.

also how does this game run smoothly on consoles? or even does it idk
Last edited by naveslaiks on Dec 13, 2023, 2:58:04 AM
have the same Problems, some maps / Instances are okay but than i get massive lag spikes Latency goes ping pong from 5 ms up to 5000. its very frustrating.

i have updatet Grafic driver, and delete POE and install it new but the same Problems.

my Specs are:

Mainboard: MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK
Prozessor: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, 12core
Grafic: GeForce RTX 4080
SSD: 2xSamsung 970 EVO Plus 2 TB
RAM: Corsair DIMM 32 GB DDR4-3200 Kit RGB

I will like to chime in and say that my cpu jumps to 100c in this game and its not due to cooling or any other hardware issue. I can run Cinebench 23 for 30 minutes straight and my temps do not go above 83c (25c ambient temps). I can play Alan Wake 2 with all settings max, and that game only gets to 77c with the occasional jumps to 80c.

My Specs are:

Mainboard: Z790 Apex Encore
CPU: 14900k
Graphics: 4090
SSD: Sabrent 1TB
Ram: GSkill 48GB DDR5-8200
Cooler: LS720 Deepcool with Phantek T30 fans

I set the mainboard to Intel specs too (253 PL1/2)
Last edited by criznit on Dec 13, 2023, 9:41:11 AM
For me, it's the same. CPU usage is consistently close to 100%. I thought it was an issue with my PC, but it seems many people are experiencing this problem. All other games work fine.
Just return the engine that was in 3.21 everything worked fine

3900x 3070ti 32gb RAM
Same bullshit guys, after the summer patch I can’t play because of CPU spikes. When I checked the current patch, problems with textures and disconnects were added to the multithreading problems. I’m very glad and want to thank the developers for the fact that they tirelessly try day and night to make the game worse and they succeed :D
Well, they finally made mention of potential "performance" issues in the latest hotfix posting. Let's see if anything can actually get done about it before the League is over and done with, shall we?~
same here , well done GGG you are melting my cpu and its the only game that does this :(
Hello,

It has been almost 5? 6? months since these problems started for a lot of players, with different setups.

It takes time to fix it? No problem.

What I am personally worried about is that at the same time you have a post with near 51000 views (if you combine 3 pages of this forum I don't think you reach that number) you are releasing MTX ... which (I love but almost 100% sure) contribute to the issue that this post tries to address.

There are also other massively viewed posts related to the same issue, this one for example: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3411543

At this rate, we can pass the 150k mark from the General Troubleshooting Guide post XD if we merge these big posts related to this same issue. No joke.

Can we get some feedback? again, we are almost at 5? 6? month mark !!

And remember ... There is a fine line between consideration and hesitation. The former is wisdom, the latter is fear.

Please, do something.
Thank you very much
Last edited by Lonesong on Dec 13, 2023, 7:48:25 PM
it seems administrators flagged this topic as 'read and answered and solved'

fix that re-creating of shaders, come on its about time already

loading times are hurting me

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info