New Engine Patches uses twice as much CPU/GPU yet causes insane micro stutter and lag

PC: i5-11600KF + RTX 3050 + 16Gb DDR4 + Samsung 980 Pro. All of this configured and fine works on very high performance mode with latest drivers, even BIOS updated. But anyway I have problems with FPS, CPU load on 95-100% and often I crashes when use Alt+Tab.
So ive been a GGG enjoyer for several years of my life but the "recent" performance "update" made this game literally unplayable.
my actual rig is a 1060 with a ryzen 7 1700x, i understood perfectly fine that it may not be adequate anymore to play this game so i decided to purchase a Geforce Now membership. it worked great untill one of the hotfixes you guys deployed earlier this week and made it a unplayable pile of trash(im so sorry)
we are talking about multiple different 4080 rigs from geforce now having the same issue i.e FPS dumps, crashes, overall non fluid gameplay, constant reloading of shaders.
its actually sad and a clownfiesta that you guys do not respond to any of this in a adequate way. it makes me sad and angry at the same time, i beg of you. Do Something.
Yep, game is still krangled from last league. It doesn't matter how much cool new stuff is added to the game if I can't play it. Please GGG.
First League that I need to quit early because of performances issues, huge fps drops, freezes, textures not loading, game crashing, f1 graph going crazy.
Eversince the performance patch they did just before 3.22, game performances have become worse and worse up to the point that I cant even play the game anymore.

:(
CPU i9-14900KF
GPU RTX 4090
32.0 GB RAM

A few days prior to the league and the first 2-3 days of the league itself I had no issues.

Starting the morning of this post my CPU gets hammered loading into town, instantly skyrockets temperatures and stays that way in my hideout and beyond.

I have adjusted every available setting, reinstalled the game, validated files on steam, disabled sound in the config.ini, updated my GPU drivers for the heck of it, confirmed my shader folder is on the same drive as my game install. At this point and with this hardware I can only believe something is wrong on the games end.

Unplayable as is, I'm really hoping this is something GGG can just revert. :(

Same issue - 100% CPU 100% GPU usage (all processes closed -browser etc).
Lowest/highest settings/Direct 11/12/Vulcan (tested different combinations) - same result.
Max fps like 45, AVG below 30 (while mapping even few).

Not the newest setup but still for this game should be enough to play with const 30 fps.

CPU: I7-4790
GPU: GTX 1070 8gb
RAM: 32GB
SSD

Game unplayable.
Last edited by LeonekBalonek on Dec 11, 2023, 3:44:29 PM
+1
"
we are talking about multiple different 4080 rigs from geforce now having the same issue i.e FPS dumps, crashes, overall non fluid gameplay, constant reloading of shaders.

The reloading of Shaders was added with the particle patch back in 3.22 if I remember correctly. Ever since Trial of the Ancestors the performance became worse. And it doesn't seem to be working as intended. It ALWAYS reloads Shaders when switching an instance. And it constantly loads Shaders again while playing, as can be seen in the graphs as well causing massive CPU spikes. I run a older setup as well, but I used to be able to stream poe just fine until July/August this year, and it became worse with the latest patch. It is a game issue for sure. My CPU and GPU can handle way more demanding games, but PoE kills my stream and especially my CPU.

Mainboard: ASRock Z370 Pro Intel Z370 So.1151 Dual Channel DDR4 ATX Retail
CPU: Intel Core i7 8700K 6x 3.70GHz So.1151 WOF
CPU Fan: be quiet! Dark Rock 4
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200MHz C16 XMP 2.0 High Performance Desktop Arbeitsspeicher Kit
GC: 8GB KFA2 GeForce GTX 1070 EX Aktiv PCIe 3.0 x16 (Retail)
Case: be quiet! Silent Base 800
https://www.twitch.tv/ston3cold3
Last edited by Stone__Cold on Dec 12, 2023, 3:44:14 PM
Yep, noticed a huge difference from when i last played in 3.21. Is just worse now, esp the loading times. Doesnt make alot of sense since the "update" they did was meant to improve things not to make them worse.
Shaders problem and CPU spikes all the time.
Game unplayable.
i5-8300H, 3400 MHz
GTX 1050 Ti (4 ГБ)
128Gb SSD (M2)
Kingston 4 ГБ DDR4-2666 x2

I thought that was only my problem with my old PC.
Tried:
- Ram disk
- DX11/DX12/Vulcan
- Clear cache
- all settings in game

The best result:
60-100 FPS in hideout.
30-60 FPS in maps
The map loads from 30 to 90 seconds. Then you run into some packs of mobs, wait around 2-3 minutes to all shader spikes become normal and you can barely play the game, but it doesn't prevent CPU spikes.

CPU temperature goes up to 98-100C

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info