New Engine Patches uses twice as much CPU/GPU yet causes insane micro stutter and lag

"
Disrupted wrote:
"
Mindsmog wrote:
same here , well done GGG you are melting my cpu and its the only game that does this :(

+1 its currently unplayable for me, loads of visual glitches
https://imgur.com/a/ISKT4vV
weirdly, one of them fully reveals map

EDIT: apparently my gpu usage goes through the roof when playing PoE, it gets hot and never stops rising. was on 94 Cº before I closed it last time, pretty sure it was higher previously, while the thermal limit is 83. Other games run well without this problem, this is 100% PoE

thats a dying gpu i highly advise to stop playing poe until you find a fix for the temperatures.
Still no signs of things being any better yet, huh? Hoping something gets done after the holidays, at least... Really would like to play this game again, GGG. :|
"
DarkenX wrote:
Still no signs of things being any better yet, huh? Hoping something gets done after the holidays, at least... Really would like to play this game again, GGG. :|

+1
bump, same here unable to play anything else then hideout simulator.
same here. 2 fps on T16 maps with more then 5 monsters...
no fun to play anymore :/

RTX 3080TI
i7 12800H
"
Henry_GGG wrote:
"
Golden_Ducky wrote:
Ever since the 6gb patch arrives poe been giving me insane stutter and lag, with shader bar on the F1 chart constantly maxing out (which i think thats the reason for the lag)

The engine changes required some shaders to be generated again by your client.
Over time, this will become less of a problem, as the shaders populate again.
This is intended and expected behaviour after a significant engine change has occurred.
We bundled what we could with the initial engine patch, however we can't include every shader for every combination.

Using the Vulkan or DX12 renderer should lessen the impact of shader generation while in combat.

I pinned down, i think, the problem.

Ive been using client/shaders from back when I first started playing poe, back in sept 2020. Never deleted shaders, never cleared cache or anything.

Running all same HW:
3060ti
xeon 1650 V2
32gb ddr3 ecc reg RAM
PoE is on samsung 970 evo nvme drive, the ssd is half empty as it should be, all poe settings and all system files etc are on same ssd. Even the system (win 10 pro x64) and its swap file is 16gb and on same ssd

This patch I came back to the game after a hiatus since Sentinel and was met with normal performance, just every zone was using dynamic resolution for first 20-30 seconds, otherwise it was completely OKAY and STABLE 60fps on all defaults.

I dared to turn off dynamic resolution and the stutters began. I turned it back on and it never kicks in anymore.

I have since reinstalled client 4 times, including standalone one, which I never used before (Im using steam), tried all the possible combinations of settings, turning all off, turning all on, different renderers with different combinations of resolution culling, multithreading etc.
Nothing helps BUT!

One thing IS constant - dynamic resolution now NEVER kicks in. It is on, but it never starts changing the resolution.

Maybe thats the problem? Is there a config line to manually force it to be on?
Or just force it on for everyone via a patch and see what happens.

psps
I will gladly take the in map timer/clock thing as a reward :D
Last edited by ErulissePoE on Dec 29, 2023, 3:19:40 PM
I can confirm that I have tried making Dynamic Culling work, even with a different renderer and I can't get it work, I recently got a new computer and I still encounter the same issues.

Game is running fine but it stutters and the fps goes down whenever I encounter mobs with too many effects or particular effects, sometimes even a single enemy causes the game to stutter because of certain effects it has, it is really weird

I am running
AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 3.7GHz
MSI GeForce GTX 1650
Kioxia Exceria G2 Unidade SSD 1TB NVMe M.2 2280
Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 PC4-25600 32GB 2x16GB CL16

"
plpz wrote:
"
Disrupted wrote:
"
Mindsmog wrote:
same here , well done GGG you are melting my cpu and its the only game that does this :(

+1 its currently unplayable for me, loads of visual glitches
https://imgur.com/a/ISKT4vV
weirdly, one of them fully reveals map

EDIT: apparently my gpu usage goes through the roof when playing PoE, it gets hot and never stops rising. was on 94 Cº before I closed it last time, pretty sure it was higher previously, while the thermal limit is 83. Other games run well without this problem, this is 100% PoE

thats a dying gpu i highly advise to stop playing poe until you find a fix for the temperatures.

Thanks for the warning, unfortunately, the day of my post I actually lucked into only having my main drive die (wonder if it was PoE related) and the gpu got some treatment and heat is definitely lower, but Im getting some graphics glitches still so I guess this is it for me regarding PoE. (at least until I can upgrade my pc)
Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on Dec 30, 2023, 8:46:37 AM
Any word on a fix for this and the other SEVERAL THOUSAAND PLYERS experiencing roughly the same issue?

C'mon GGG.....you can do better, or can you?
Having the same issues. Whenever I start a highly dense map this league (like Legion/Deli) I have no more than 30fps with dynamic culling.

My CPU usage is 90%+ sitting in town?? And my GPU is using less than 30%

After leaving a dense map I have about 30fps sitting in town with the same CPU/GPU usage. Does the same thing when I minimize the game. My FPS just drops down to 30-40

This is absolutely frustrating and making the game pretty much unplayable at this point. GGG please fix this.

CPU=i7-9700k @4.6Ghz
GPU=ASUS TUF RTX 4070ti
RAM= 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4
SSD= Samsung EVO

Theres no way this rig cannot run this game flawless. Especially when I benchmark Cyberpunk at 130+ fps max settings.

Please fix the broken game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info