New Engine Patches uses twice as much CPU/GPU yet causes insane micro stutter and lag

While my setup is fairly old, I had no issues playing and streaming PoE up until the particle patch earlier this year (Augst if I remember). Since then it became worse and worse.

Mainboard: ASRock Z370 Pro Intel Z370 So.1151 Dual Channel DDR4 ATX Retail
CPU: Intel Core i7 8700K 6x 3.70GHz So.1151 WOF
CPU Fan: be quiet! Dark Rock 4
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200MHz C16 XMP 2.0 High Performance Desktop RAM Kit
GC: 8GB KFA2 GeForce GTX 1070 EX Aktiv PCIe 3.0 x16 (Retail)

I can stream many other, newer, and more demanding games without any problems with higher graphics settings, etc.

Something is just messed up with PoE. Then I was thinking, okay, maybe it is time and I just need new hardware and this will take some time to save up for that, but then I read from just every other person who has a better rig, different CPU and GC, newer generations, etc. who ALSO have the same problems.

It is not right that we have to use third party tools like BES Battle Encoder Shirase and manually unassign 1 core from within the task manager to make it playabale or enjoyable again. Something is really messed up for about half a year now with the coding of PoE. It literally melts CPUs and GPUs.

I just hope that this time around they gift us for christmas with something that really fixes these issues. I would really love to enjoy and stream PoE again. I will continue to try, but enjoyment is something else unfortunately.

Inside I'm crying. Also there is no point for me to buy another supporter pack, cause any MTX now eats up the CPU, making it even more unplayable.

Please someone at GGG fix this.
https://www.twitch.tv/ston3cold3
Was funny today

Mainboard: z570
CPU: Ryzen 9 3950x 16 core / 32 threads
RAM: 64GB - 4x16GB 3200MHz Kingston Fury
GC: 16GB RX 6900XT Red Devil

i was able to play Alan wake 2 without problems and poe melts my pc.

Edit: Forgot to say, Running Raid 0 with 2x1TB XPG NVMe, aprox 7mb/s read.
Last edited by millGrau on Dec 9, 2023, 1:16:25 AM
Game was fine last night during launch, woke up today to a patch and now the game is completely unplayable. Every single instance is just a crazy lag stutter fest. Tried updating drivers, reinstalling the game, nothing works. Please fix this.
Please, for god's sake GGG, switch from physical servers to virtual servers. Old physical servers are severely limiting everything. Virtual means you at least have a plethora of options and can cater to even the remotest parts of the world as long as there's internet. For being a game well over a decade old, that's the least you could do to enhance performance! As of now, its as if only the people closest to the physical server's proximity get to enjoy the most...the rest struggle, suffer, give in... so sad and unfortunate...
+1. This game is great BUT ...
This game has real CPU/GPU balance/managment issues. It has been like this for years. It makes me regulary quit. I can't invest on a game that makes me rage on technical problems every week.
game performance is awful, GGG please rollback engine to 2.21, there was the greatest game performance. Now it use 100% gpu/cpu and i got 30-50fps in mass fight
Closed Chrome, closed Discord, closed all non nescessary PoE Apps, loading time was still like 5 min per zone and a load of stutter. This is nearing the unplayable territory, like 2 hours in and i was already having headache with the poor FPS.
Hello,

I had an "old" (7 years) computer and sadly I was exiled from the game in Patch 3.22.

Since I was really loving the game, thought that maybe it was time to get a new computer either way ... Well, this is the new hardware:

- Intel® B760 Chipset
- Intel® Core™ i7-13700KF@3.4GHz (30M Cache, up to 5.4GHz, 16 cores)
- NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™4080@16GB GDDR6X
- 1TB M.2 2280 PCIe 4.0 SSD
- 32GB DDR4
- Win11 Pro
- ~20ms @ Paris gateway

Everything fresh and up to date, only notepad and the drivers.

The first time I launched the game it reached 420 fps in a tier1 map in Standard league.

As of now I have it locked to 100fps (same as my monitor refresh rate)

At least the fans for the new computer are working because hell, even it can go stable 100 fps (there are kind of mini stunts, like the game is not smooth while moving), the temperature goes from ~40º to ~100ish degrees.

Probably that temperature rises so much has to do with the mini stunts tho.

This is my previous setup: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3411543/page/12#p25075531

There are enough reports in this post but .. here are my settings

It is a pity, this game is such an amazing creation.

Cheers

oh my God, they GGG just keep silent, pretend that everything is fine, it's just terrible
ROLLBACK 3.21, game unplayable!!!

3900x 3070ti 32gb RAM
Last edited by ghbjdfgjhds on Dec 9, 2023, 10:08:30 AM
Same here super micro stuttering and MASSIVE FPS lost since I last played, still the same PC.
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6-Core
GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT (navi21, LLVM 15.0.7, DRM 3.49, 6.2.0-37-generic)
GPU DRIVER: 4.6 Mesa 23.2.1 refresh - kisak-mesa
PPA
RAM: 16 GB

I didn't play Acenstors because when I want to play a mobile game I'am goona play a mobile game.

FPS were fine in Crucible and the leagues before.

When I switch from Vulkan (my default) to DX11 I get a massive FPS boost but only for a couple of minutes.
My pc is chillin, can do more for sure.

Before switching to DX11
Spoiler

After Switching to DX11
Spoiler

As mentioned before this a temporary fix for max 2 minutes.

Fix that please

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info