New Engine Patches uses twice as much CPU/GPU yet causes insane micro stutter and lag

"
Wunju wrote:
So it's just another league to skip?

I do not want to endanger my CPU, it goes to 100º sometimes when playing POE! I like the game, but will not risk hardware failure because of it.

The its either your cooler or your cpu that heats up beyond specs.
I assume your using an intel cpu that tends to go hot when used

Game works perfectly fine on my hardware but I use all amd
"
skjutengris wrote:
"
Wunju wrote:

I do not want to endanger my CPU, it goes to 100º sometimes when playing POE! I like the game, but will not risk hardware failure because of it.

I'm going to go with a spicy take and say that its not something hardware related. Literally none of my other games have this problem, and the game ran fine on the same system before the update. It sounds like its the same story with the others who have this issue.
"
skjutengris wrote:
"
Wunju wrote:

I play a ton of games, including heavy 3d ones without any issue at all, though.
Before 3.22 patch game was butter smooth, locked FPS to 100. Now I have to lock to 140 FPS (dont know why, but only then micro stuttering is gone...). Without G-Sync and V-Sync on,(You have to enable in Nvidia control panel) also game is butter smooth, but FPS cut in half based on monitor refresh rate. (my 165 Hz, so I get 82 FPS). So yeah, especailly I can feel micro stuttering in towns , were are more players.. So, yeah, I hope this new patch will fix something...

RTX 2080
i7 8086k
32GB RAM
G-Sync monitor

P.S Lag comes from your Internet, not PC components.
Last edited by MGpoker on Dec 7, 2023, 6:42:46 PM
If in this patch will do nothing with engine performance... or rollback to previous patch3.21... ,it just another league to skip, sad (
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZA1nvmsOZA&ab_channel=TheVictor003

omgggg, people have 8 fps on maps well done GGG
rollback 3.21
Last edited by ghbjdfgjhds on Dec 8, 2023, 10:11:04 AM
Interesting. When start client on dx 11 fps on loginscreen 70, but if change renderer to vulcan and back to dx11 fps increases to normal in 3.22 (150+). Vulcan and dx 12 unplayable = lock to 14 fps. Config: fx8300, rx 470, 8gb ram, game on ssd.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3408111/page/14

fix your game, please.
Still not fixed, CPU fan sound loud and clear.
I am soo sad that GGG is ignoring this problem that is going on for 3 months now. I left you soo much money and you cant fix optimization for 3 months. I have no words for you anymore. Just sad how you treat your playerbase. It is more important for you to go and post new microtransactions to get money instead of fixing optimization issues so that we can play and buy them. This is not GGG that I once knew...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info