New Engine Patches uses twice as much CPU/GPU yet causes insane micro stutter and lag

Also hoping for progress on this.

I've shelved my league start plans because with 30s to load up into a map blighted maps run during this time and I lose it 100% of the time. I was just in there! WTF is it trying to calculate again as I enter again.
"
skjutengris wrote:
seems many with nvidia cards have issues
Likely a driver issue.

Game runs perfectly smooth for me
7800x3d, 6950xt and 4k using dx12 beta.

My RX580 died so I had to switch to a old 1050ti and the performance is literally the same. There's something wrong with the game if the performance is the same with 2 completely different cards.

I hope they are working on this, Ancestors league was horrible to play with this performance problem
Why does the game run so much smoother when I open the decorations window in the hide out. https://streamable.com/yyjh8l

For me the game ran really well during Crucible but my computer was easily bogged down during Trial of the Ancients. I have been unable to do blighted maps or play flicker strike builds because of the drop in performance.

If there was someway to carry over the performance boost to the rest of the game that I get in the video I think it would be much more playable.
Engine that was before 3.22 patch, was much better, now it is awful
So its been a good few months now, an this thread is still up, that cant be a good sign lol.
Many people who had problems simply gave up on the league and as a side-effect, they stopped complaining on the forums. For some reason, people (incorrectly) interpreted that to mean that the problems must have been resolved. Sort of a "Well, we were getting panicked calls from people that their apartment building was on fire, but then the calls stopped, so we figured it must be OK now."
And now, people are back to see what the situation is before the next league, and so we're seeing these posts again. I really hope GGG can fix the performance, but I guess we'll have to see.
beginning of Ancestor was fine until they rolled the patch out.
-Official Forum Dweller-
-I started the hoho movement-
-Exploit Early - Exploit Often-
-Moderators are absurd and OP-
-Heist Enjoyer-
Last edited by xPiranha on Dec 6, 2023, 11:28:27 AM
Well they kind of fixed the problem for me when they patched in the first week of the league and i played almost 2 months it was okay. Later when 1 week challenge leagues started, i wanted to give it a try and 40s-1mins loading problem is back. Today poe updated so i wanted to check whether or not they have fixed the problem but seems it takes even more time.I wonder how are we even going to enjoy if they dont fix this issue. I am considering to move my account from steam to standalone but i doubt it will fix the loading screen issue.
Last edited by KkardanAdam on Dec 6, 2023, 3:37:01 PM
Been having this problem also since a few weeks into Ancestory, which was a real shame because Ancestor league was really fun. I'm starting to come to grips with the fact that I wont be able to enjoy my favorite game at the launch of this new league, I purposefully haven't watched anything about it because I don't want to tease myself. Please GGG, please give us at least some acknowledgment that you know about the issue and are working on it. This is my favorite game and I've spent hundreds of dollars and thousands of hours in it over the years, please don't make me leave it behind.
So it's just another league to skip?

I do not want to endanger my CPU, it goes to 100º sometimes when playing POE! I like the game, but will not risk hardware failure because of it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info