New Engine Patches uses twice as much CPU/GPU yet causes insane micro stutter and lag

"
xb00niex wrote:
literally 90% of the playerbase has issues yet they refuse to reverse it lol GG, GGG Clap Clap Hooray Hooray

If they haven't changed anything (other than "performance fix patches" that didn't do much) it's because they're testing waters for Path of Exile 2. Not that I'm defending this, mind you.

I've tried some of the "fixes" that our fellow people suggested. My PC is a bit old but it used to run with consistent 60fps prior to Ancestor league, which it was pretty decent for me. But after the patch, the game runs with a 100% GPU usage (HELLO?!) with endless stuttering and lag.

Despite this, I'm reminded that:

1- Then again, I don't know why I should be the one working around to be able to play the game in a decent state. Especially if I know the problem isn't in my end.

2- For better or worse, Path of Exile is F2P. But I'm pretty sure that if it had a subscription model, the actual performance fix would have arrived by now.

3- Because of this -and though dissapointing the circumstances are- I remind myself that my life isn't defined after a video game.
And another up.

Crazy how many of those threads exist at this point, and still absolutely nothing. lol
This is getting silly at this point.

I have atrocious performance, considerably longer loading times most of the time, making especially trading a terrible experience. Delirium (but honestly everything that spawns new monsters or content) is borderline unplayable for quite some time until it "only" stutters in a playable manner lol. After login absolutely everything stutters everywhere like hell. Youtube videos on second monitor freeze at loading screens in game because of 100% CPU usage.

Crucible league: Not a single problem, no stutter, no 100% CPU usage, few second loading times.

Just what the actual fuck is this? How is this STILL a thing? How could this ever go live and how can it still be live after over a month? It's honestly impossible to recommend this game to anyone in this state.

Edit: And I tried everything. dx11, dx12, vulkan, high settings, low settings, it doesn't matter. The game is simply broken.
Last edited by coolmodi on Oct 4, 2023, 10:34:37 AM
Have the same issues here. Pretty top of the line PC. I've tried changing the renderer and adjusting other graphics settings, still have incredible stuttering and lag.
Any proper fixes yet?
Fresh windows install and getting insane performance issues in delve and maps with delirium content.

RTX 3090TI
I7-12700k
32GB DDR5 4800MHZ
M2 SSD
the fact this game is the only game ive ever played THAT FORCES you to run things like shadows blows my mind because every other game you can disable shadows that GGG forces your computer to render let us disable certain things like SHADOWS i play dynamic resolution so i cant see shadows anyways LOL why force settings on people? just to force them to play a different game because POE becomes unplayable
up
"
coolmodi wrote:

Crucible league: Not a single problem, no stutter, no 100% CPU usage, few second loading times.

Just what the actual fuck is this? How is this STILL a thing? How could this ever go live and how can it still be live after over a month? It's honestly impossible to recommend this game to anyone in this state.

Edit: And I tried everything. dx11, dx12, vulkan, high settings, low settings, it doesn't matter. The game is simply broken.

this.
"

I sign with my hands and feet
On Probation Any%
up same problem

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info