New Engine Patches uses twice as much CPU/GPU yet causes insane micro stutter and lag

regularly freezes, everything except sound.. apple silicon

old graphics engine when
Maybe someone here can answer me this:

Besides the enormous amount of issues, what has the new engine introduced in terms of graphical improvements?
The game looks exactly the same as before the patch so what's the point?
What's even worse is it's happening to loads of different setups, which makes it really hard to identify since the solution isn't "upgrade your pc to a new one".
I hope it gets fixed soon.

Stay Sane, Exiles.
"
fabianlobo wrote:
Maybe someone here can answer me this:

Besides the enormous amount of issues, what has the new engine introduced in terms of graphical improvements?
The game looks exactly the same as before the patch so what's the point?
What's even worse is it's happening to loads of different setups, which makes it really hard to identify since the solution isn't "upgrade your pc to a new one".
I hope it gets fixed soon.

Stay Sane, Exiles.

I suspect that the plan was:
1) Update the underlying system (i.e. how things are rendered, and what can be rendered)
2) Start changing the models, textures, etc. (i.e. what is being rendered)

...and then the whole process got stuck halfway through step 1. And that's where were are now.
That's why it looks the same. What's being rendered hasn't changed yet. As far as I can tell, anyway.
Last edited by GregoryAdams on Sep 12, 2023, 4:52:05 PM
*shouts into the void*
So we entered the stage of the league where GGG stops communication about anything related already?

Performance is still shit for many many people but nothing has been mentioned for the past week about them doing something to help.
Really disappointed, I love the league a lot but the performance issues forced me to stop because the lag gave me headaches. Weeks in and no communication or fixes in sight. I had no issues before this engine change, please fix this it's ridiculous.
New update this morning and again it is not playable. The game hangs every now and then. This season is probably the worst ever and I'm not talking about the game just how it works. Every update is something messed up, maybe they need to stop releasing updates xD. Proc AMD 5600X, RX 6600.
Last edited by Lothoe on Sep 13, 2023, 3:50:24 AM
3080 rog strix, i7 9700k OC 5 ghz and since upgrade 48 gig ddr4 3200 mhz. M2 data drive...

I still get mad when I try to run dunes with legion and delirium on 20-30 fps.
Shaders are constantly at 100%, loading times around 1 min and parts of the map arent even loading.

Game is unplayable for me at the moment, this really sucks.

Get atleast some communication or fix out GGG!

I feel like we are back to Archnemesis with this kind of behaviour.

Last edited by dulyn on Sep 13, 2023, 8:21:13 AM
Clear the cache in user/appdata/roaming/path of exile/shadercachevulkan it will rebuild the cache after you play a while. You may get shader spikes at first but it will compile new files and help smooth out gameplay. You can also adjust your shader cache in nvidia control panel to a bigger size than default. Use Vulkan if possible it does smooth out spikes.

If on steam browse local files by right clicking the POE in library. Right click on PathOfExile_x64Steam.exe and create desktop shortcut. Launch from here to make sure it is running 64bit.

The biggest microstutter fix is running the game in a Window. Both windowfull and fullscreen seem to have this stutter but windowed improves the gameplay alot. D2R had this problem at launch and it works on poe.
Last edited by Durojin on Sep 13, 2023, 4:58:28 PM
Amd 7950X3D + 4090 m.2 drive random Cpu lag spike here !!!!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info