New Engine Patches uses twice as much CPU/GPU yet causes insane micro stutter and lag

One PC that is mostly standard is the Steamdeck and the performance if just abysmal. I'm playing with FSR on, resolution scaled down to 900xsomething, and still this is what I get in Rogue Harbor (no monsters, just Rogue Harbor with MTXs)

89% GPU (at it's usually at 95-97% the screenshot just caught 89%).

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3031198121

I moved to Series S where it was slightly better but still the game turns into pixel mode in Rituals and Blights. Upgraded to Series X so I can play the game properly (on console, which means I had to buy all the MTX because GGG doesn't have freaking cross save, even for MTX).

GGG is fortunate we seem to have a lot of disposable income to throw at this game....

Edit: Notice the Wattage. 24W! 24 Watts in Rogue Harbor. Game companies are fortunate the climate people haven't made them a target.

Edit2: Vulkan (this is linux). Everything on low as possible, 40 fps max foreground, 30 fps for dynamic res.
Last edited by guilhaz81 on Sep 5, 2023, 5:39:09 AM
You are lucky that you even can run heist.
If I'm in rogue harbor everything is flickering, can't watch on my monitor for more then 5 seconds if I'm there this league :/
If it’s already painful for me I imagine for you. I used the Steamdeck as it’s a standard setup of graphics card in CPU they can check . The Steamdeck runs D4 just fine which is a visually better game, it’s absurd the resources that this game uses at 900x resolution. People don’t even know what is playing at sub 720p anymore , let alone in an old game.

Guess they had to upgrade the engine for more fancy MTX. People complain about greedy blizzard but the MTX in this game is just absurd . 70 bucks for a pair of wings? 30 plus for a hideout? And this is after you already “bought” the game by paying for the stash tabs.
I've the same problem , i'm running a 2060Super ,R5 3600X 16Gb ram 3200, with nvme 4.0 ...most of the gameplay my CPU is only at 25/30% max usage ...but everytime i enter a new map, city, hideout, that said, everytime i enter an instance my cpu goes up to 100% for 1 or 2min making the gameplay almost impossible and it isnt safe for the machine ...
This never happened to me i've already tried Direct X 11/12 and Vulkan ,full screen even lowered graphs so minimum and nothing resolves the issue ...GGG pls fix the game
7 weeks since august 24th, still no solution, hopefully the fixes are done soon.
Yep, took only 7 weeks to come up with a sticky-thread asking people to post their specs and issues.

Guess the hundreds of pages in several different threads with people posting their specs and issues simply wasn't read or paid attention to considering that they ask for that kind of stuff. I personally am done with this crap.

If you can't figure it out after all those posts and ignore us for that long in the first place, I doubt posting the same stuff over and over again will change anything. Also hilarious that the sticky-thread doesn't allow replies, as that would surely be the easiest way to gather all the infos you need in one place. Yeah, really great idea not letting people post in that particular thread. lol.

Might check back in 3 months to see if the game is at all playable again. If not, well, guess I'm shit out of luck. Certainly not looking forward to PoE2 after this.
Last edited by SloppyJoker on Sep 8, 2023, 6:50:57 PM
Along with freezing and crashing, I now get a short 1 second lag spike opening my skill tree and atlas tree then it goes away and I can open them without lag until I enter a new map, this is absolutely ridiculous
Still having huge issues with performance. It is especially noticeable when there is a lot of ground clutter.

This was never a problem until that graphics/engine patch a month or two ago.

It would be ideal to play the game without having to trick my CPU into allowing all the cores to perform properly, but in addition to that, I think there's a lot of issues with certain effects/objects that exacerbate the performance problems.
For stutters and microlags switching to fullsreec instead of windowed fullscreen helped. Game runs much more smooth.
I dodged all performance problems in the past, but this league finally decided to destroy my framerate and other issues.

Game is starting to eat enough ram that my 16gb aren't enough anymore. If I have chrome and discord open it's game over, Windows will OOM-kill PoE at some point.

Random fps decreases which are weird since they drop from 60 to exactly 30. I'm thinking vsync issue but I tried all 3 options (locked fast adaptive) and they all had the same behaviour.

CPU/GPU fans have never been so loud and the components so hot.

All of the above points were fine the league before. W11, R5 3600X, GTX 1070. Tried Vulkan and DX12.

Edit: Downgrading the NVIDIA driver to 531.79 fixed everything.
Last edited by Ely8 on Sep 10, 2023, 8:35:00 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info