New Engine Patches uses twice as much CPU/GPU yet causes insane micro stutter and lag

"
Bloomania wrote:
I used to run POE at low temps

With this latest dog patch we got before the league started my component usage is through the roof

I now regularly see extremely high temps if I try to do content that has alot going on, like Blight

I am now hitting 80+C on my cpu

My Specs -

3080 ti
AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D

Undo the patch

Try switching to full screen instead of windowed/full screen windowed. For some reason this makes my CPU go slightly less insane. But yes, GGG hurry up and fix your game.
2080TI, i7, all other games and net connections work perfectly fine.

Game is currently unplayable and the only thing that helps is running through a VPN, which stabilizes it around 120ms, which is still terrible.

Brought a lot of friends to play path this league and what a let down it has been for everyone.
Same issues, constant dc's, had to drop the graphics to low on 2k. I have a 13600k, 32gb ram, and a 7900xt, used to play this on 4k high no issues or major heat. Now on low on 2k my cpu heat is crazy high and constant lagging, stuttering, disconnecting, its absurd.
It is very very very frustrating right now. I have never played a game that consistantly runs so poorly as PoE. Sometimes I find a performance sweet spot for a couple of months that let me play somewhat smoothly but than some patch goes live that completely ruins everything. PoE is the only game I know where players have to tinker in their game files to try to make it even remotely playable.

As a player and potential customer, I do not understand how, after all these years PoE runs on such unstable servers and infrastructure. Clearly, technically, PoE is very poorly optimized, always has been, always will as it seems.

Its sad because I love the game but its like you guys are trying everything to keep me from playing and enjoying the game.

Right now I have to pick my poison:

Either I play with multi-threading enabled on 50-60 (locked) fps but with horrendous and constant micro stuttering or disable multi-threading which removes the heavy cpu usage load and the micro stuttering but als cuts my fps in halve and drops them down to a whopping 10 fps on some higher density league encounters. I have tried fixing things on my side since the recent problems arose, doing things that no normal player should be bothered with, like going into game files and such. Nothing really changed anything, multi-threading is the lone thing that I (and others) identified has a big effect. But its a terrible deal that your player base and customers shouldn't be worried with.

Never had this issue like this on my gaming laptop. However, ever since GGG patched it to make it better, it all got messed up. I am considering quitting this league.
I can't even trade.
That's a funny thing, playing starfield 60 fps with mid setting no problem, and can't play poe with everything on low. Dynamic resolution in league mechanic turns picture into 640x480 square fest. Worst patch ever.
I am giving up on this game, lagging, freezing and crushing. My CPU at 80C, too much. Why they make a patch and then never check back if its good or not. Is GGG trying to be Blizzard now and destroy their ARPG?
I can play the game for hours, then all of a sudden the game will freeze and closes to desktop

Never experienced this issue until 3.22, highly annoying.
Try going ingame and switching the setting from Directx 11 to Directx 12(beta). It'll lag for a min then everything will start running smooth as butter.
ign Duelin_n_shit // AccidentlyTheWholeThing // Shweepin
Phys Static Strike build www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1124778
New Facebreaker 2.0 counterbuild www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1132421
Started From The Bottom remix http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GndHO2lvF3k
"
Blindfold wrote:
Try going ingame and switching the setting from Directx 11 to Directx 12(beta). It'll lag for a min then everything will start running smooth as butter.

54LV char Aware
On Probation Any%

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info