New Engine Patches uses twice as much CPU/GPU yet causes insane micro stutter and lag

"
Moonlight666X wrote:
"
Dxt44 wrote:
"
Guys the funniest part is that i fixed the cpu spikes causing sttutering , i tried many many things untill i tried this https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/t1d01u/performance_guide_secrets_of_stuttering_how_i/

btw the only problem with this is that your cpu will be way hotter , i mean my cpu is 45º and after this 75º while doing nothing.

Why moderators are not banning people like him?

It significantly reduces the life of your CPU!

This reddit post even states how to make it run full power ONLY when you're playing poe and 75c is not even that high. Keep in mind that game is literally in uplayable state for those who have this issue and this reddit post at least allowed me and some of my friends (who are still using old cpus) to make practice runs before league start.
Also GGG is radio silent as always and knowing their history with engine updates, we might be stuck with this solution for league or two.
well..
Last edited by señor2tap on Sep 1, 2023, 8:09:02 AM
"
seranoh wrote:
Yeah over the past 6 hours the game has become a drag on my system. Ryzen 9 3950x 16/32 ct 64GB RAM and a 3080 used to give me 175fps with no issues whatsoever. After the patch last night I'm down to 80fps. There must be something wrong here GGG.

what patch ? there was a patch? i didnt see any patch last night ,But i can tell you that i was doing vaal temples with 90% pack size and my fps never went below like 60 fps , and all of sudden in the last 24 hours i have like the worst performance i ever seen getting 19 fps even when i open vaal vessels. like wtf is this s...?
"
what patch ? there was a patch? i didnt see any patch last night ,But i can tell you that i was doing vaal temples with 90% pack size and my fps never went below like 60 fps , and all of sudden in the last 24 hours i have like the worst performance i ever seen getting 19 fps even when i open vaal vessels. like wtf is this s...?

Who knows. There wasn't any patch.
On Probation Any%
+1
They did something in the last 24 hours, yesterday I was playing with DX12 at 60+ fps... today I'm stuck at 24fps at login screen :|
Confirm too. Similar specs. Game was running fine before the patch. Now i got maxed out shader all the time and fps are at 40-50 while mapping. Plus loading screens are way too long now.
"
neokoros wrote:
Confirm too. Similar specs. Game was running fine before the patch. Now i got maxed out shader all the time and fps are at 40-50 while mapping. Plus loading screens are way too long now.

You are happy - you can play game, I can't start the game after that patch endless loading after choose character.
No patch, no news, unplayable game...

Feels like devs doesn't care about Poe 1 anymore when they literally said when Poe 2 comes out Poe 1 still gonna be updated and playable... now i wonder if they cant handle 1 game right now they gonna handle 2? smh.
Same problem here, everytime i encounter any mechanic it's stutters like crazy. I got no problem playing last league, idk what go wrong on this one.
I used to run POE at low temps

With this latest dog patch we got before the league started my component usage is through the roof

I now regularly see extremely high temps if I try to do content that has alot going on, like Blight

I am now hitting 80+C on my cpu

My Specs -

3080 ti
AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D

Undo the patch

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info