New Engine Patches uses twice as much CPU/GPU yet causes insane micro stutter and lag

Im trying to persevere through the myriad of issues that have arisen since the Crucible patch, but at this stage im genuinely worried that my computer is going to get bricked if i continue on. There is clearly a sizable number of people that have been royally screwed by what has happened, and the lack of any indication that changes will be reverted means that were probably going to be screwed going into poe 2 as well. Given that its release is in the distant future, well be stuck with a game that is actively damaging our pc and prone to any number of errors that dont exist in any of the other games that i regularly play.

Im just incredibly disappointed by how this has been handled, and the overall lack of feedback and communication that has been provided. It feels like a group of players are being hung out to dry, not to mention the large number of players that have encountered loading/ textural etc bugs. Ive tried every solution that has been offered both here and elsewhere, with minimal success.

At this stage of the league id like to be juicing maps/ doing a variety of endgame content, but ive been stuck doing small expeditions and low density t16s, biding my time until a fix was presented. Its a testament to how much Ive enjoyed the game and my overall goodwill towards ggg that ive stuck around for as long as i have. Ive not given up hope that further action will be taken, but please ggg give us some indication that a larger solution is in the works.
Last edited by Silenticecream on Aug 29, 2023, 6:59:02 PM
"
slatra wrote:
The lack of response is disheartening. I'm still having this issue and trying my very best to play despite it. This should be their number one concern, but it certainly doesn't appear to be.

+1
Is this gonna get fixed ? it worked absoluty fine before this performance patch.
I cant play more than a few minutes. Cant u revert or makes the ppl that have problems download the old "engine" etc ? i Cant play the game.
"
Im trying to persevere through the myriad of issues that have arisen since the Crucible patch, but at this stage im genuinely worried that my computer is going to get bricked if i continue on.

The problems started with 3.18 or 3.19 I forgot which league it was. People started to crash more and had weird lag. The difference is that it now seems to be a problem for a lot more players.
Getting ready to give up on this being resolved. The lack of real response, other than acknowledging the issue exists, is bringing me to the point of just moving on. I like Path of Exile. Unlike other ARPG platforms, I spend money on Path of Exile and feel GGG has earned that money. I am beginning, however, to question why I even bother checking to see if the problem, which the devs apparently introduced globally without sandbox testing it first, has been rollbacked or eliminated.

Edit: It feels like that if certain streamers were experiencing not being able to play the game the problem would be a top priority. But since the majority of people in this thread are not playing Path of Exile for a living, resolving it will be slow walked until it hits GGG's profit margins.
Last edited by Firvir on Aug 30, 2023, 8:42:25 AM
"
Firvir wrote:
Getting ready to give up on this being resolved. The lack of real response, other than acknowledging the issue exists, is bringing me to the point of just moving on. I like Path of Exile. Unlike other ARPG platforms, I spend money on Path of Exile and feel GGG has earned that money. I am beginning, however, to question why I even bother checking to see if the problem, which the devs apparently introduced globally without sandbox testing it first, has been rollbacked or eliminated.

Edit: It feels like that if certain streamers were experiencing not being able to play the game the problem would be a top priority. But since the majority of people in this thread are not playing Path of Exile for a living, resolving it will be slow walked until it hits GGG's profit margins.

100% agreed.

To add to this, I find it quite sad to see how GGG is apparently able to respond in threads with people who have issues with anything $$$-related, but chose to entirely ignore the hundreds- if not thousands at this point, posts with players having massive performance issues.

Always makes me think of the "Improving Communication" thread and how it literally feels like we're being flipped off. [Removed by Support].

You know, I WISH Diablo 4 would have been a much better game. GGG really deserve some competition so people may just walk away from the shitshow at this point.

Edit: I'm apparently not allowed to say that you guys don't seem to care? Well, my bad I guess? Wow...
Last edited by SloppyJoker on Aug 30, 2023, 10:03:21 AM
GGG can we please have an ETA on performance fix... pls... at least let us know you are working on it... you give us nothing...
My shader cache was corrupted. This solved it for me:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3421152
Same thing just started happening to me this morning. I tried all different renderers and GregoryAdams' Shader Cache fix.. no luck. I can play some maps but I log into a random map and the game is completely unplayable. Brand new PC built this year.

"
GregoryAdams wrote:
My shader cache was corrupted. This solved it for me:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3421152

That made things worse for me.
Last edited by FLasH on Aug 30, 2023, 1:47:49 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info