New Engine Patches uses twice as much CPU/GPU yet causes insane micro stutter and lag

Nothing changed =(
Imagine if they would've released PoE2 with this performance, barrels of copium..

GOD I MISS THE OLD GRAPHICS ENGINE
Last patch fixed high CPU spikes for me, nearly perfect frame time line now, thanks GGG.

So, no play for this league. Imagine playing Armored Core 6 on high, CoD on medium, BG3 on high with 60fps no problem, and here comes the poe with 30-40 fps at aqueduct.
Last edited by eddy_alfa on Aug 28, 2023, 4:07:07 PM
The lack of response is disheartening. I'm still having this issue and trying my very best to play despite it. This should be their number one concern, but it certainly doesn't appear to be.
Where there's one they're bound to divide it right in two.
didnt fix anything
Change to Vulkan partially solved the problem for me with overloaded processor and video card. But game has become unstable. There are constant crashes...
Last edited by MedKa on Aug 30, 2023, 2:52:34 AM
Here's some SOLUTION:

Run pc, close all programs/services you can, start POE and check how smooth does it works, if theres freezes or stutters - relaunch POE. Repeat about 3-5 times, and only when you get good enough perfomance you can open your browser and other programs.

Some theory: most actual processors with 4+ cores have different perfomance and stability on each core, and any application you run randomly pick 1 core for main code and other cores fore smaller tasks. If POE pick not best of cpu cores for its main code - we getting freezes stutters ect. Other programs may reserve best core for themselves, so POE must be started on clean pc.
I would advise anyone playing POE to have a cpu temperature monitor running at all times, whenever I play now it will spike mine up to dangerous territory, like 100º in around 5 mins.

I am not willing to risk my processor's health to play this, so until this is fixed, this will be another missed league.
Same problem, tried just about everything to fix. Tried DX11 and 12 and vulkan. Comp runs all other games just fine.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info