New Engine Patches uses twice as much CPU/GPU yet causes insane micro stutter and lag

"
your cpu and gpu arent human, it doesnt matter if its 50% or 100%. I mean thats why u bought it, to use it, not to underuse it?

If my setup takes 110W average in Path of Exile before 3.21.2 and now it takes 220W average I have a right to be concerned. What a argument. ICANT

I won't even talk about temperatures in my room after 3.21.2 Jesus christ
On Probation Any%
HELPED for me:

Go to Nvidia Geeforce Expirience -> Settings (gear at top right) -> General -> In-game overlay -> turn swith off.

ALSO - try to restart game few times, for me it takes about 5 times to get smooth play session. You need to restart game as many times as it takes to get no shatter fps, the difference is realy big, so u wouldnt miss it.

ALSO - try this thread, theres a lot of good solutions, any of them may help you to solve your problem. (bump it to GGG know about problem)

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3152602
Still waiting for a fix.... cant do deleriium, breach, expedition, blight etc. 0-5 fps......
gpu/cpu fix when? D:
hello???

my Rig feels like a troll....

wtf was this "update"? 9ß% cpu usage etc lagging AF!

on a rig which cost me 4000 Euro...
Dear GGG, I don't make enough money to be able to upgrade my computer, so I'm still using my 14 year old first gen i7, x58 chipset system, I upgraded my CPU to Xeon x5675 and replaced my HDDs to SSD. After the recent update my loading times have increased tremendously, kindly deploy a fix that would allow players like me who are still on old systems to be able to enjoy our beloved farming game.

Thank you.
So far the weird bug i found during my testing was related to insane CPU spikes that happens with the engine on some configuration (Red bar on F1), this is unrelated to the shaders lag at all (different issue)

This bug is somehow related to the game engine causing the CPU To sleep/wake up constantly that would cause high latency spikes that also drop the GPU utilization, most workaround you guys already heard on the forums and other older posts like turning off engine multithreading, or disabling C-state in the power plans and such.

Which i came to conclusion that if you managed to force the CPU to not sleep at all or enter that state the game would run fine, ways to do this, is by playing a video with hardware acceleration on browser, or opening any 3d website (with some 3d animations)

to test this more you also stress the CPU with a benchmark tool like this

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/cpustres

upon testing with this tool i found out that pushing the threshold of the CPU load causes the game engine to perform better and it work really well at the cost of more power consumptions of course and stressing your hardware.

Anyway this is my findings, a workaround but not ideal really so hopefully this will get fixed.
cross your fingers for "Made some small engine improvements. Further improvements will be made in 3.22.0."
It's still not good for me i tried to enable multithreading again and it just stutters also has not fixed the memory usage.
loading times are much longer in town areas, even with created files in shadercache folder ...

come on

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info