New Engine Patches uses twice as much CPU/GPU yet causes insane micro stutter and lag

when will the game be fixed? 2 weeks have already passed, why is it necessary to torture people for so long? why not make a switch between the old patch and the new one?
I just donated to the game, I thought it was normal to play and after the patch the friezes and lags due to multithreading, it only helps to record video to remove friezes, but the FPS drops on the maps did not go away. I didn’t return the money because I thought they would solve the problem in a maximum of 3 days, and here it’s already 2 weeks, what do developers do so much time?
Im having issues too after this patch. A small pack of mobs and some visual effects causes fps drops from 60-75 to 40-50, things like Ritual or Harvest makes my cpu goes for 83 degrees and 15fps in game. some particles like burning rooftops in act 10 drops fps to 37-39 all the time when they're on screen. My settings are as low as possible, triple buffering on, tried different renderers where dx11 and vulkan works almost the same and dx12 just crashes the game. Reinstalling the game didn't work.
My setup is:
GTX 970
i7-6700 3,4ghz, 4 cores
16GB RAM 2133mhz
game installed on SSD
how to play..??
before 6 GB updated, i just used 20% CPU, and now..?
I've spent hours running through the acts and maps to try to get the Shaders created and stored. My current Shader cache has not had any additions or modifications in the last three days according to file timestamps, but the game is still maxing out the Shaders metric in every zone. I'm getting stuttering, low GPU usage with maxed CPU usage, client crashes 50% of the time when creating a tower for blights, invisible particles, invisible terrain, invisible enemies. I've been forced to play Righteous Fire or Death's Oath because I can see health bars and the indicators from curses to tell me where enemies are. Random deaths occur regularly due to objects not being rendered on screen. I'm at a loss on what more I can do to fix these issues other than delete PoE and move on...

CPU: i5-7600K @ 3.80GHz
GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1050Ti
RAM: 16.0 GB
SSD: NVMe 2 TB drive with more than 1 TB still available
Network: 300 Mbps up/down (and this limit doesn't even get close to maxing out)

Renderer: Vulkan
VSync: Adaptive
Triple-Buffering: Enabled
FPS Cap: 60
Target Framerate: 40
Multithreading: Enabled

Graphics -> Detail Settings: Default options except listed below
Bloom: 25%
Water Detail Level: Low
Texture Quality: Medium
"
Ezces2Ezces wrote:
I'm getting stuttering, low GPU usage with maxed CPU usage

Have you tried disabling multithreading? This smooths the stuttering for some people, at the cost of an overall FPS reduction.

"
Ezces2Ezces wrote:
client crashes 50% of the time when creating a tower for blights

This is a separate issue which has been going on for years that they downgraded from being a priority.

"
Ezces2Ezces wrote:
I'm at a loss on what more I can do to fix these issues other than delete PoE and move on...

Yeah. The less than exciting patch notes for the upcoming league combined with the fact they're not addressing any of the performance issues that were introduced with the last patch (and blight crashes still aren't fixed) isn't looking good.
runs great in 4k with 7800x3d and a 6700xt
Ah so i'm not alone. I tho my computer was getting too old for this sh lol

gtx 1060 6gb with an i5-9600K 16 gb ram

should be quite fine eh? party play are close to unplayable... well they actually are lol

Game is freezing and crashing now AT LEAST every other map. Feel like its getting worse and I thought it was supposed to get better as time went on.

Please, can we have any word or update that effort is being put in to try and improve this issue for players before 3.22?

Finding it difficult to get hyped over league start if it is this unplayable :(
many people here with 1050 / 1060 / 1080 etc.

myself: 5600x, 32GB RAM, 980Pro and 1080

my performance in game is playable, but the Shader Graph is going wild :(

Strangely, the vsync options have a bigger impact on my GPU Fans, actually using "fast/vsync" for lower fan speed, on the classic setting my GPU has to work harder?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info