New Engine Patches uses twice as much CPU/GPU yet causes insane micro stutter and lag

Well... This is the end?
(° ͜ʖ °)
Will the stutters and freezes go core?
"
Will the stutters and freezes go core?

They already are core
"
krytyk411 wrote:
They already are core

So you are saying that Einhar stuttering is a new feature? Well, at least they still have some humor.
Unfortuntely I completely stopped loggin in. CPU 100% and GPU over 95% many times. This is harming my hardware.
Last edited by Hydra1975 on Aug 12, 2023, 12:23:02 PM
gtx 1060, i7 4790k 16 gm ram , game was running decently but with the last 6 gb update the game is terrible , stuttering and bad fps drops.its almost unplayable. please fix
Last edited by señor2tap on Aug 12, 2023, 3:21:47 PM
For me it looks like its constant recompiling of shaders. By now i would assume that most shaders should be precompiled, but there seems to be a huge issue. Even if i leave and renter a map i get the stuttering and there is no reason to recompile shaders that worked well 10s earlier.

Game ran perfecvtly fine before the update so i assume that the either the shader precompile doesnt work as expected or the archive for precompiled shaders is somehow not used.

I have an i5-12600KF, ARC A770 and 32GB RAM.
check ur nvidia shader cache option , i set it to 10gb or and i dont have problem
"
check ur nvidia shader cache option , i set it to 10gb or and i dont have problem

Default is fine. If you need more than 1 GB, that's something happens :]
On Probation Any%
"
Hydra1975 wrote:
"
krytyk411 wrote:
They already are core

So you are saying that Einhar stuttering is a new feature? Well, at least they still have some humor.
Unfortuntely I completely stopped loggin in. CPU 100% and GPU over 95% many times. This is harming my hardware.

your cpu and gpu arent human, it doesnt matter if its 50% or 100%. I mean thats why u bought it, to use it, not to underuse it?
weird thing i just noticed

the texture is bad quality, when i click on my second monitor it goes to normal, very good quality ( fps showing 20-30 because im on second monitor, but that how it should be ) i didnt noticed the problem before, im playing windowed borderless vulcan as i did before, some things are really weird after the engine patch. ( windows 10 64 )

( after playing for 1h, seems like its getting better )

I increased the shader cache size on nvidia control panel, i removed all the cache files from poe folder, it downloaded the patch again

atleast its playable for me now, no more fps drops to like 10-20, minimum is 35 and most of the time 60-75 ( im capped at 75 ) same like it was before for me.

i just dont know where the game saving new cache, because the new folder called " ShaderCacheVulcan.packed " is the same size as it was after downloading the patch, 2.1gb for me all the time even after playing the game for 1h.

( steam version here )
Last edited by JiroMomo on Aug 13, 2023, 4:32:11 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info