New Engine Patches uses twice as much CPU/GPU yet causes insane micro stutter and lag

The game in the state it is in now is technically unplayable if nothing changes then at the start of 3.22 I think half of the audience will not be if more.
After about thirty runs through Blood Aqueduct, it still is loading fraking shaders for a minute, not showing any skill at first use, not showing any mobs at first appearance, still completely unstable framerate going from 40fps to 60fps (which is my cap) constantly, CPU doing all the work while GPU is about asleep if possible, which is, for me, the definition of destroying a game with a patch.

Last move I did was deleting all temp folders, playing all campaign areas (again) and a few maps for four hours to build up shaders, only to realise the next launch that it was all a complete waste of time, since the shaders are never saved. They load for a minute per area every single time whatever I do.

Of course changing any graphic option does nothing at all, except getting worst performance.

But hey, obviously it's my fault for not building a 4k dollar computer every year even when it worked perfectly before that fraking patch. Not the game devs at all.

Win 10 Pro
I7-4790K 4.0 GHz
GeForce GTX 1080 8.0 Go
24 Go RAM

Can't believe we are still repeating ourselves every day since july 24th while nothing is beeing said or done. Can't believe how much time we've wasted in two weeks, they've just ignored us completely.

I can totally understand people at GGG need to rest after that stressful ExileCon, but in that case, DON'T RELEASE a potential game breaking patch a week before your biggest live event in company's history. Geez
https://www.youtube.com/user/PeipeMasta
Last edited by DjParagon on Aug 8, 2023, 12:19:37 PM
hello guys
try to delete ShaderCacheD3D11.packed files in Path of Exile folder and then in steam library select path of exile > installed files > verify integrity of game files
after i did this my perfomence improved
I reinstalled to try what you suggested. And while it did help some. I'm still getting FPS drops as low as 22FPS. Mine is not a bad machine, i7 970 gtx. It's definitely not the newest thing out there, but it is well above the minimum specs listed and I get those kind of drops in frames on predictive and the lowest possible graphics settings on every renderer available. I'm not even doing juiced content. Just alched red maps. If others find this a playable condition, good for them. I do not. I appreciate you trying to help, but GGG needs to fix what they broke. I'll leave it installed until Thursday, check the patch notes and if there is no mention of resolving this, I have no choice but to be done with a game I love. It's a shame that GGG doesn't seem to care about the portion of their fan base struggling since this patch has released.
I don't know if this is the same thing as this thread, but I've noticed the odd fps ping pong myself. Latency seemed to be getting worse too.
ryzen 5 3600 and GeForce GTX1660 Super

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUiKYuV-GD8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9EcA2Lihis

---
nvm maybe vsync on will cause this ;x
Last edited by onikudw on Aug 9, 2023, 5:19:38 AM
9 days left and still the same problems ...
It is unplayable at 0 fps and no word from the devs now i have to quit the game so sad
I don't usually reply to this but for once the patch actually made the game feel a bit smoother. Hm, I did update to win 11 out of boredom ... so dunno might be both?

Ryzen 7 3700x, 5700 xt, 970 evo ssd, 16gb ram.

when you fix it? or at least undo patch
2 weeks and no word i was so hyped to play this game but it seems i wont even be able to becuz of their latest patch :(

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info