Selling Large Bags of Tart Green Apples!

"
jpnole wrote:
Very good analogy by the OP. It holds up as long as there are enough paying players around that like tart green apples. I'm OK with tart, I just hope there are enough people like us to sustain the orchard.

GGG is a small studio, of course PoE won't make them billionaires, but people will know it as a true ARPG which haven't sold out and gone casual. It will always be an escape island for hardcore gamers.
IGN: Iworkeout
Last edited by cutt on Feb 3, 2013, 2:06:53 PM
Fantastic read!

Maybe this is just from studying children's lit too long, but I'm totally seeing a line of kids' books about how to handle various life issues in colorful fruit market analogies...

Also, I only wish I'd learned about this delicious orchard sooner! ^.^ Always loved apples, but never thought I would take such delight from tart greens before now. Yum! <3
*Me, playing KOTOR. Roommate walks in, watches* "Who are those guys?"
"Mandalorians."
"Huh... Like the oranges?"
*blink* "...um... Yes! Exactly like the oranges. Tasty, tasty Mandalorians, until they shoot you with acid in the eye!" ^_^
Bump for a great thread!
IGN: Iworkeout
Last edited by cutt on Feb 3, 2013, 2:38:07 PM
+1

This. Chris, I love what GGG is "selling".
OP,

You nailed it. Thank you so much for this

Godspeed
"
Smaggletooth wrote:

You: Ummm, yea there nice, but I'm having a difficult time eating all of them, could I get a small bag?

Chris: Ummm, I'm selling large bags of tart green apples

You: Ok...but there a little too tart...could you maybe sweeten them up a bit?

Chris: Well, you see, the sign says "Large Bags of Tart Green Apples"

Supporter: Heres more money Chris, I'm having so much fun!

You: Maybe If I give you my moms credit card you can sweeten them up a little?

Chris: I'm sorry but we don't change the composition of the apples for money

This was my favorite part.
*BUMP!* to read it again. =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
Smaggletooth wrote:
Uggg, bump cause judging by the forum still, our new friends still need to read this story

Why
Le Mankey Face amirite guise :---------------------------------------)
toplel

3/10

almost had me.
Last edited by Taco_Baron on Feb 25, 2013, 11:17:27 PM
It's been a year, but I feel this thread needs to be necrobumped, as the point of it is still very relevant.

Bullshit, you get the game for free.

-Qarl

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info