Selling Large Bags of Tart Green Apples!

"
Omnivore61 wrote:

Hate the game, devs, community, and players? No. I hate stupidity and I'm seeing a lot of that here lately, ever since open beta started as a matter of fact.

In truth I used to really like the game, now I've become apathetic about it, I pretty much don't care anymore. So don't worry, I won't be posting here much longer. In fact, I doubt you'll see another post by me after today. Frankly it has become an utter waste of time.

My 2 cents I see you in thread after thread complaining non-stop about the game. I mean honestly why beat yourself up so much and force this game on yourself?

Phenom 2 955 Quad Oc'ed 4.2 Ghz - Biostar A780L3G 760G
2 x 2gb Adata Gamer DDR3 1333 - GTX480 EVGA Undervolted & Oc'ed
SeaSonic S12II Bronze 620W - OCZ Vertex 2 55gb/OCZ Agility2 120gb/500gb WD Green
"
Omnivore61 wrote:
First off 2.5 mil ain't shit in the gaming industry, it won't last long. Second, right now the game is new, fresh out of closed beta with a fair amount of publicity. Ever hear the terms fad or flash in the pan? Basically PoE just got the equivalent of a website being slash dotted. If the game doesn't grab the hearts and wallets of a good number of those players in the next 30 to 45 days, it never will.

But hey, keep telling the newcomers to F' off and go play another game - they will. Are the fanbois ready to cough up another 2.5 mil so they can continue to develop the game? Dollars to donuts over half of the fanbois will be gone next year this time.

Some — not many, but some — of the players who come in from the media attention are pretty much the same as our old-school supporters — the only differences are that they didn't find out about PoE until later, and they came in at a time of heightened community tension. If we're a little bit more responsible about our little forum wars, we have plenty of time to "grab the hearts and wallets" of players like those.

On the other hand, if you're talking about making quick bucks off of players who really aren't the PoE crowd, convincing them it's the "cool thing" and the flavor of the month so they can support a game they're not really a match for and they won't really want to play long-term... is that really what we want? Is that ethical?

We shouldn't be telling the newcomers to fuck off. There are some ideas — real money auction house, for instance — that we should be telling to fuck off. However, that's ideas, not players; every player has the capacity to change their ideas. Simply dismissing someone's ideas in the forums is the minimum effort; ideally, dismissing a bad idea comes with an explanation of what it's a bad idea, and why something else is a good idea because it better contributes to the hardcore gaming ethos. Even two very intelligent, very dedicated people could have strong disagreements on issues like that.

The influx of new players gives us a chance to convert curious strangers into true hardcore ARPG players. We're not here to frighten them off or destroy their ideas; ideas must be judged on their own merits. And we are definitely not here to fleece them of their money so GGG can buy a new tart apple orchard, then send the suckers off to find some oranges.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Feb 3, 2013, 11:10:00 AM
sorry, but im not casual if i want to have option to increase - decrease timer. current method is only thing in game im against. give us frigin option and let the playerbase decide what they want. it doesnt hurt anybody, it would only help us with weaker connection or pc-s and ranged characters. even those who do not want to ninja loot other people gear but are forced too because other people do it to them.

and i like post above my very very much. +1
A stranger like no otherther,
Faced the wall of the Umbra,

@Yastro
Last edited by yastru on Feb 3, 2013, 11:38:38 AM
I made a pie with my apples.
5/5 bretty good would read again. And to everyone who says GGG needs to cater to casual babbys to financially survive, you are wrong. A decently sized community of hardcore fans can sustain a game like this. The guys at GGG won't become millionaires this way, but they would have a guaranteed salary for the next 10 years and that means alot in today's world.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
I may have missed it but I didn't see anyone catch the Megadeth reference.

Path of Exile certainly has plenty of sweating bullets moments. :)
PoE rocks !!! in JackBlack's rhymes!!!
YEAH !!!!!!!!!!!! :D nice post OP ,cool true story bro :D !! GrindingGearGames is the best game dev company ever.THey didn't go corporate etc like other spice girls,they remained gamers at heart,at core,and that's the secret of success ! They made this game perfect !
Last edited by thegamingkage on Feb 3, 2013, 12:36:43 PM
great post OP,rly funny :)

--->
Spoiler

"
“If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange these apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas.”

George Bernard Shaw

Price increases is inflation yesterday. Money printing is inflation today. Deficit spending is inflation tomorrow

I like my tart apples, so glad GGG understands that not all apples need to be sweet
I guess I will have to buy a one way ticket to hell with your lives
Very good analogy by the OP. It holds up as long as there are enough paying players around that like tart green apples. I'm OK with tart, I just hope there are enough people like us to sustain the orchard.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info