lets discuss - "exploit early, exploit often" is new legit meta? or its become new rule?

"
exsea wrote:
poe 1 should be maintained. people who dont like poe2 should at least have their original love to return to.

does it have no future? to me all the poe2 vids made me look at poe1 in disdain.

but i believe that poe1 is going to have a different experience that players can enjoy. it would be reckless for GGG to abandon poe1 entirely.

then again, i would say that POE started of with standard players being the core audience but now standard players are being treated recklessly as the new core audience are temp leaguers.

it would not be too far fetched for GGG to toss POE1 to the side the same way they did with standard players who have served their purpose.

wish poe1 will live and stay good but if GGG will leave poe1 with less ppl who can test/fix/etc poe1 will become just exploit abuser game with full of bugs

so i hope poe1 live and be good with more workers and testers that will work on poe1 or else poe1 will slowly (or not) die with all bugs and exploits.
Settlers master craft service Settlers My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Settlers veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Settlers SC master craft service Settlers SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Settlers craft PM: TreeOfDead
"
TreeOfDead wrote:
"
exsea wrote:
poe 1 should be maintained. people who dont like poe2 should at least have their original love to return to.

does it have no future? to me all the poe2 vids made me look at poe1 in disdain.

but i believe that poe1 is going to have a different experience that players can enjoy. it would be reckless for GGG to abandon poe1 entirely.

then again, i would say that POE started of with standard players being the core audience but now standard players are being treated recklessly as the new core audience are temp leaguers.

it would not be too far fetched for GGG to toss POE1 to the side the same way they did with standard players who have served their purpose.

wish poe1 will live and stay good but if GGG will leave poe1 with less ppl who can test/fix/etc poe1 will become just exploit abuser game with full of bugs

so i hope poe1 live and be good with more workers and testers that will work on poe1 or else poe1 will slowly (or not) die with all bugs and exploits.

I hope that once poe2 is out and well, they can rebalance their workforce so that poe1 doesnt just crumble away. There definitely will be people who love poe1 more than 2 and ggg should not abandon them
[Removed by Support]
"
exsea wrote:

I hope that once poe2 is out and well, they can rebalance their workforce so that poe1 doesnt just crumble away. There definitely will be people who love poe1 more than 2 and ggg should not abandon them

I wouldn't expect this for some time unless they were able to hire more devs to bolster two teams.

Obviously it will come down to money. As long as poe1 brings in enough to exceed its costs, by some acceptable margin, they will keep it going. 10cent would surely do this, but poe1's continued success will depend on the strength of it's post poe2 continued development. It wouldn't take too many Necropolis league's to kill it methinks given the almost assured decrease in playership.
Last edited by Glorfndel01 on Jun 29, 2024, 5:37:00 AM
"
Glorfndel01 wrote:
"
exsea wrote:

I wouldn't expect this for some time unless they were able to hire more devs to bolster two teams.

Obviously it will come down to money. As long as poe1 brings in enough to exceed its costs, by some acceptable margin, they will keep it going. 10cent would surely do this, but poe1's continued success will depend on the strength of it's post poe2 continued development. It wouldn't take too many Necropolis league's to kill it methinks given the almost assured decrease in playership.

i rly rly wish for poe1 to live and be much better but looks like what u mean its gonna to happen in future...
in terms easy to understand, once poe2 releases you can consider it as league content and poe1 as standard.

This game has ran its course, there isn't very much that can be done, without some serious pruning, which they'll never do again, considering the backlash they got the first time.
"
arandan wrote:
in terms easy to understand, once poe2 releases you can consider it as league content and poe1 as standard.

This game has ran its course, there isn't very much that can be done, without some serious pruning, which they'll never do again, considering the backlash they got the first time.

I don't think that's correct at all; GGG are definitely planning to maintain both games separately for the foreseeable future, and have said as much repeatedly. PoE2 needs more work the the moment, so it's getting more resources, but once the early access period is done I expect things to settle into more of a balance between the two games (although PoE2 will probably still be slightly ahead in the budget balance, simply because it's a cross-platform release and its console versions and patches will need to be day & date with PC).

Even with their current resource constraints, though, the PoE1 team is still actively developing the older game, which means it will continue changing over time -- it hasn't stayed frozen in amber, and you can expect more changes to its systems, meta, and even endgame content.

Those changes haven't all been well received, thus far; I think some folks were expecting fewer changes. But Mark I has clearly got a mandate to keep innovating and not just updating, so I think you should expect more of that; he seems to have lots of wild ideas, and a license to implement them.
I AM READY. Nov. 15th, here we come!
"
TreeOfDead wrote:

i rly rly wish for poe1 to live and be much better but looks like what u mean its gonna to happen in future...

i believe many people would still love poe1 and i believe many would actually PREFER poe1 over 2.

but its all up to ggg on making sure that poe1 lovers are taken care of.

poe2 would never have existed without poe1. everyones love and support led to poe2 to become a reality.

they were the backbone of the game. wait let me rephrase. WE are the backbone of the game. we supported the game and gave GGG our money and our support.

but that said. i kinda have my doubts. if we're narrowing down more. standard players were also the backbone of poe1, but ggg has been very reckless with standard.
[Removed by Support]
Personally I'm not really in support of anything that's been done to this game since after the Ritual league with the exception of maybe Kalandra.
The game is too easy, it needs to tone down the power creep, put some realistic diminishing returns on attack/cast/movement speed and compensate elsewhere, etc.

Having said that I can already predict your response: 'that'd be turning it into poe2'.
Well precisely, which is why it's poe2 that's being worked on, not poe1. The vast majority of new ideas, concepts etc. go into poe2, not the other way around.

Sure vanilla is gonna get some updates here and there, but nothing substantial for a considerable amount of time in my opinion, since poe2 has to be launched and babysat for at least a few months.
Last edited by arandan on Jul 4, 2024, 7:21:23 AM
I don’t care for exploits. I play only SSF so I don’t mind broken trading.
I always try to play a game like it’s intended. Exploiting would just ruin my own fun, so I don’t 😇
"
arandan wrote:
Personally I'm not really in support of anything that's been done to this game since after the Ritual league with the exception of maybe Kalandra.
The game is too easy, it needs to tone down the power creep, put some realistic diminishing returns on attack/cast/movement speed and compensate elsewhere, etc.

Having said that I can already predict your response: 'that'd be turning it into poe2'.
Well precisely, which is why it's poe2 that's being worked on, not poe1. The vast majority of new ideas, concepts etc. go into poe2, not the other way around.

Sure vanilla is gonna get some updates here and there, but nothing substantial for a considerable amount of time in my opinion, since poe2 has to be launched and babysat for at least a few months.

ye GGG do everythin to make game as ez as it possible and its tru

i miss old (beta/early start) poe where 100lv and boss was challeng and hard as hell
where maps CANT be completed while sleep and CANT be even remotely possible to beat under few sec that most build can do in 1 day

but its still better than 3.24 where bugs and exploits was everywhere and unreal bad balanced! hope no more 3.24 things in future!!! pls!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info