lets discuss - "exploit early, exploit often" is new legit meta? or its become new rule?

Sometimes you can do something illegal and not get punished. Because it's not worth it.

Supermarkets don't catch people nicking a couple of items. They know it happens but it's not worth causing a scene for 2£ and bottleneck the millions of £££ pouring in.
"
ArtCrusade wrote:
"
xaerobb wrote:
"
TreeOfDead wrote:

very well said!

Sad days that ARPGs has become all about finding expoits use them as much and often as possible before the devs manage to patch it

its what poe is now as of 3.24 become

3.25 also same trash? hope no but so hard to beliv they changed...

The whole game, from its inception until today, is one BIG exploit... if you understand the core mechanics of this game.

99.9% of the exploit content of this game is legal, but when someone hacks something that isn't, (mainly the fault of the GGG developer team), there are TOS guardians to complain on the forums about how some players get rich illegally...
Very sad !

Especially since GGG vise doesn't care about this either.

Oh they don't? How come they fixed the 6-link exploit and deleted the items that had been created using it?

Doesn't sound like "don't care" to me.

Personally, I had wished that at least the people promoting it would get some punishment beyond deleting items they had already profited on, but that's for GGG to decide, not me.

but they not deleted hundreds of mirrors. on start.
Last edited by Airbourne13 on Jun 22, 2024, 8:32:44 AM
People do illegal stuff all the time and go unpunished. Doesn't mean those things stop being illegal, or are unpunishable.

What is that backwards logic, xaerobb?
The opposite of knowledge is not illiteracy, but the illusion of knowledge.
Last edited by ArtCrusade on Jun 22, 2024, 8:36:25 AM
"
ArtCrusade wrote:
People do illegal stuff all the time and go unpunished. Doesn't mean those things stop being illegal, or are unpunishable.

You are saying that people do illegal things and get away with it.
I didn't say that.

The fact is that the TOS does not explicitly prohibit exploit bugged items. In fact, the general interpretation is that GGG has a discretionary right in this matter. There are already threads and comments about this on the forum.
GGG did not punish anyone who crafted 6-link bugged items.
GGG did not take away anyone's currency if he earned it by trading bugged items.

So who did the illegal thing here and got away with it?

So, despite GGG's actions, you still see criminals here, some people who get away unpunished?
"
xaerobb wrote:
"
ArtCrusade wrote:

I didn't say that.

The fact is that the TOS does not explicitly prohibit exploit bugged items. In fact, the general interpretation is that GGG has a discretionary right in this matter. There are already threads and comments about this on the forum.
GGG did not take away anyone's currency if he earned it by trading bugged items.

So, despite GGG's actions, you still see criminals here, some people who get away unpunished?

You didn't say that? Are we feigning ignorance already? It's right here in your last post:

"
if no one was punished by GGG, it means that no one did anything illegal.
If GGG did not punish anyone, ... the question for you is why did you want some people to be punished?

And as for reasons.. did you read this thread?
The opposite of knowledge is not illiteracy, but the illusion of knowledge.
Last edited by ArtCrusade on Jun 22, 2024, 10:48:28 AM
"
ArtCrusade wrote:
"
xaerobb wrote:
"
ArtCrusade wrote:

I didn't say that.

You didn't say that? Are we feigning ignorance already? It's right here in your last post:

"
if no one was punished by GGG, it means that no one did anything illegal.
If GGG did not punish anyone, ... the question for you is why did you want some people to be punished?

And as for reasons.. did you read this thread?

I am clear in all posts, you make the topic when you have no arguments!
"
Kopogero wrote:
IMO, it's a financial decision in the end, because money has a big influence, especially when access to the game doesn't cost much and relies on maintaining a good public relationship for more support packs to be sold than hoped/expected.

Bans = retaliation and it's similar approach with the mods both in-game and on these forum, where the rules enforced have a certain monetary price that GGG pays. Exploits are a two way thing, because they're there due to things like poor testing and rushed or miscalculated decisions, which is why a game such as PoE with a temporary economy and instances where exploits like in Necropolis will impact the experience of the majority in a negative way the solution would be to restart the league or host some event that will mitigate the damage, boost retention and gain back reputation.

Whatever decision was behind the choice to neither restart the league (so they don't upset the small number of community that's left playing) or host event it's what I saw mostly disappointing, because that will affect the company/game in a negative way beyond Necropolis.

I'm sure most here (the most loyal remaining) would love to continue supporting GGG and that will remain as long as they don't use data that can be misleading to rely on directions and decisions. Before the tree starts producing the fruits it needs a fertile earth and consistent source of water with sunlight.

but problem is GGG will has less ppl work on poe1 now and in future ofc as every1 work on poe2 and its mean exploits and gamebreaker bugs will be more and more after each leag and by not ban for abuse those exploits/bugs will only promote and PR more and more legal players to abuse those exploits/bugs and its gonna just ruin game faster

its super bad in long run and GGG sometimes can make on purposely there new exploits/bugs and not fix em fast/instant

so poe1 has no future? dunno...
Settlers master craft service Settlers My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Settlers veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Settlers SC master craft service Settlers SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Settlers craft PM: TreeOfDead
"
TreeOfDead wrote:
but problem is GGG will has less ppl work on poe1 now and in future ofc as every1 work on poe2 and its mean exploits and gamebreaker bugs will be more and more after each leag and by not ban for abuse those exploits/bugs will only promote and PR more and more legal players to abuse those exploits/bugs and its gonna just ruin game faster

its super bad in long run and GGG sometimes can make on purposely there new exploits/bugs and not fix em fast/instant

so poe1 has no future? dunno...

It's not so bad.

PoE1 is a huge success.

The majority doesn't know or even care about exploit/bugs.

They have fun with their league and then do some other things.
poe 1 should be maintained. people who dont like poe2 should at least have their original love to return to.

does it have no future? to me all the poe2 vids made me look at poe1 in disdain.

but i believe that poe1 is going to have a different experience that players can enjoy. it would be reckless for GGG to abandon poe1 entirely.

then again, i would say that POE started of with standard players being the core audience but now standard players are being treated recklessly as the new core audience are temp leaguers.

it would not be too far fetched for GGG to toss POE1 to the side the same way they did with standard players who have served their purpose.
[Removed by Support]
always has been

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info