lets discuss - "exploit early, exploit often" is new legit meta? or its become new rule?

"
TreeOfDead wrote:

but its still better than 3.24 where bugs and exploits was everywhere and unreal bad balanced! hope no more 3.24 things in future!!! pls!

What do you think about delve league exploits? or early heist exploits? or league when they added magic rollable watchstones that were giving mirror shards a lot more often very early?
Biggest compliments for my crafted items - "bs, they must have been RMT'ed"

I'm disabled, I have rare case of semperduravera, so I can write things that may look rude, but it is because of disability - I'm forced to tell truth using words you may not like.
TLWR:
Spoiler
Stop blaming players for design decisions or faulty development and pull yourself together

In my opinion there are simply too many mechanics, and especially, mechanics with strange wording and interactions to be able to have the foresight to determine that something isn't an exploit by someone who isn't a developer of the game. Unless the player is straight up hacking or using illegal software to exploit the game we really have no idea whether they were intentionally exploiting or not unless GGG clearly and visibly stated that said action is an exploit and bannable offense prior.

Is it really fair to ban people from the game who are just playing the game at a high level and frequency and happen to find some sort of ultra lucrative strategy they hadn't known about or was introduced with the league mechanic that later is determined to be an unintended interaction? I don't really think so. It's not the players' job to know if gameplay is against the rules without it being blatantly stated as such. It would be absurd to be playing an online video-game and have to somehow interpret your gameplay (with the exception of very obvious against the rules things such as harassment or scamming) against the ToS, like a lawyer or something, and determine whether your play is against the rules before continuing to do it for fear of being banned.

It also seems that some members of the community have a bad habit of making up rules they want to impose on others whenever they feel that their rng is bad or whatever the reason that they're upset with the game is at that point. "This person is doing x strategy and making x mirrors per hour, I haven't even found a divine! They're ruining the economy and destroying the price of everything before I can even get any currency! These people are ruining the game! Ban the exploiters!" You can probably see why such an emotionally fueled statement probably shouldn't be taken all too seriously, at least at face value, even if a somewhat large minority of players seem to feel that way. I'm also not saying GGG shouldn't look into the actual cause of why players would feel that way. Maybe they should.
"
Nomancs wrote:
"
TreeOfDead wrote:

but its still better than 3.24 where bugs and exploits was everywhere and unreal bad balanced! hope no more 3.24 things in future!!! pls!

What do you think about delve league exploits? or early heist exploits? or league when they added magic rollable watchstones that were giving mirror shards a lot more often very early?

where did i say that other leag never has any bugs or exploits? its just 3.24 THE MOST by far bugged and exploit abuse leag ever made! and there u listed and 3.24 bugs/exploits not in same tier its like to say alts and mirrors are in same drop rate tier.

and i hope no more 3.24 in future!

also 3.24 there crazy insane worst bugs and exploits was fixed suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuupeeeeeeeeeeeeeer sloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow compared to other leags u mention
Settlers master craft service Settlers My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Settlers veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Settlers SC master craft service Settlers SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Settlers craft PM: TreeOfDead
Last edited by TreeOfDead on Jul 6, 2024, 7:37:40 AM
The only real exploit/bug this league was just the 6l 1h items and shields.
Everything else was just bad balancing or idea choices by GGG without putting too many thoughts into the execution.

Not any different to the other leagues with minor or bigger bugs.
Actually even less impactful than the other league bugs we had in the past since the 6l bug didn't really added currency nor items unintended into the game like ultimatum league did for example, or allowed you to cause a character rollback allowing you to perform a crafting action indefinite times upon a unsatisfying result.
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
"
TreeOfDead wrote:
what u think?

Sad times when the impact and success of a game is based on the broadcasting of cheating and exploiting streamers.
"
TreeOfDead wrote:
"
Nomancs wrote:
"
TreeOfDead wrote:

where did i say that other leag never has any bugs or exploits? its just 3.24 THE MOST by far bugged and exploit abuse leag ever made! and there u listed and 3.24 bugs/exploits not in same tier its like to say alts and mirrors are in same drop rate tier.

and i hope no more 3.24 in future!

also 3.24 there crazy insane worst bugs and exploits was fixed suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuupeeeeeeeeeeeeeer sloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow compared to other leags u mention

As old player I can tell you - nothing changed. Some past leagues had even bigger "exploits". Indeed you point out it is like comparing alts and mirrors, because in past leagues some exploit was literally giving mirrors. Do you remember how long it took to fix gilded maps? You probably was in honeymoon phase.

I'm disabled, I have rare case of semperduravera, so I can write things that may look rude, but it is because of disability - I'm forced to tell truth using words you may not like.
Last edited by Nomancs on Jul 7, 2024, 1:12:14 AM
that is the meta yes
"
Halugar wrote:
"
TreeOfDead wrote:
what u think?

Sad times when the impact and success of a game is based on the broadcasting of cheating and exploiting streamers.

still hav some hope that it could be changed if GGG pay more attention to test and balance before release
Settlers master craft service Settlers My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Settlers veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Settlers SC master craft service Settlers SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Settlers craft PM: TreeOfDead
Look at what happened to the dupe bug back in the 2014 Forsaken Masters expansion. Many of those people got banned. I would bet some of the thousands of mirrors made from that currency dupe bug are still in circulation today.

I'm struggling to come up with new goals to keep me playing this game.
"
hmcg020 wrote:
Look at what happened to the dupe bug back in the 2014 Forsaken Masters expansion. Many of those people got banned. I would bet some of the thousands of mirrors made from that currency dupe bug are still in circulation today.

This reminded me of a bug in diablo4 where people could party up season characters with standard characters and trade gold standard->season for a week or two

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info