lets discuss - "exploit early, exploit often" is new legit meta? or its become new rule?

"
arknath wrote:
It is a bit dishonest to say that they used to deal with it that way though...

They did it once to a group to set an example and completely failed to follow up on it. There has also been a few unconfirmed cases but no mass ban or public announcement. Sure, cheaters as in botters, gold sellers(if they ever catch them xD) and people using detectable third party software, gets banned every now and then. Abusing exploits? NOPE :/ After the whole 20-man season ban thingy they just seemed to give up.

It's true what you write

For my part, this is the last post on this topic. It's a pity that there are no more decisive steps in this matter
They banned people ONCE in 12 years of exploiting and bugs. That's hardly a "this is how they used to handle it" pattern...

And guess what? In that particular situation you mention, it took them a heck of a lot longer to take ANY action.

You know why they gave up? Because they likely saw that they make mistakes too often for people to NOT abuse them, and no one is going to play a game where they have to live in fear of retaliation for basic gameplay. Exploits are only revealed as exploits afterGGG takes official action on them, not before. Banning people for things that, in the moment, aren't even recognized as true issues is just plain nonsensical.

So GGG took the higher, more appropriate road: fix the problem as quickly as possible and that's the end of it. A few people gain, a few people fomo, you deal with it and move on because the game still exists.
Last edited by jsuslak313 on Jun 9, 2024, 9:49:16 PM
"
arknath wrote:
I wish GGG would have a zero tolerance to exploiting clearly unintended bugs (like getting more sockets than possible on items etc). If they cannot clean it up in fashionable time they need to reset the economy. If people use the exploit more than once(discovering it) they need to be banned for the rest of the season. If it is a repeat offense they need account removal. Pretty basic. It is 100% unacceptable to give in to cheaters/exploiters.

Sad days that ARPGs has become all about finding expoits use them as much and often as possible before the devs manage to patch it.

very well said!

Sad days that ARPGs has become all about finding expoits use them as much and often as possible before the devs manage to patch it

its what poe is now as of 3.24 become

3.25 also same trash? hope no but so hard to beliv they changed...
Settlers master craft service Settlers My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Settlers veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Settlers SC master craft service Settlers SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Settlers craft PM: TreeOfDead
Most of these exploiters make a LOT of money for GGG...and it's paid back (not directly of course and I am not going down that rabbit hole).

Now and then the parents have to slap a wrist so the other kids see it and try not to copy it.

It's a business decision, not a moral decision.

BTW I like Grapes!
-Time to be funny. The world needs funny right now! Warning: "Might" get you muted.

25 Exalts...oh God my stupidity stuck! Now onto 25 Divines...
"
MourningBlade wrote:
Most of these exploiters make a LOT of money for GGG...and it's paid back (not directly of course and I am not going down that rabbit hole).

Now and then the parents have to slap a wrist so the other kids see it and try not to copy it.

It's a business decision, not a moral decision.

BTW I like Grapes!

u guess all there gamebreakers exploits and cheated bugs was made on purpose by GGG for em?
Settlers master craft service Settlers My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Settlers veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Settlers SC master craft service Settlers SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Settlers craft PM: TreeOfDead
Nope. Not new at all.

Apply this same logic to skills. Had plenty that were outright broken for a LONG time.

Just take a look back a few leagues on cast on death. That was some of the most hilarious crap I have ever seen.

Can also apply this to crafting, remember heist and the fenumal arachnid?
Or more recently "NEED MF killer IN MY MAP FOR THIS MOB..."

Not like its specific or new to POE as well. People do this across all video games lol.
"Just goes to show your complete lack of knowledge on the matter. If you had any actual experience with melee" -Melee "Expert"
IMO, it's a financial decision in the end, because money has a big influence, especially when access to the game doesn't cost much and relies on maintaining a good public relationship for more support packs to be sold than hoped/expected.

Bans = retaliation and it's similar approach with the mods both in-game and on these forum, where the rules enforced have a certain monetary price that GGG pays. Exploits are a two way thing, because they're there due to things like poor testing and rushed or miscalculated decisions, which is why a game such as PoE with a temporary economy and instances where exploits like in Necropolis will impact the experience of the majority in a negative way the solution would be to restart the league or host some event that will mitigate the damage, boost retention and gain back reputation.

Whatever decision was behind the choice to neither restart the league (so they don't upset the small number of community that's left playing) or host event it's what I saw mostly disappointing, because that will affect the company/game in a negative way beyond Necropolis.

I'm sure most here (the most loyal remaining) would love to continue supporting GGG and that will remain as long as they don't use data that can be misleading to rely on directions and decisions. Before the tree starts producing the fruits it needs a fertile earth and consistent source of water with sunlight.
"
TreeOfDead wrote:

very well said!

Sad days that ARPGs has become all about finding expoits use them as much and often as possible before the devs manage to patch it

The whole game, from its inception until today, is one BIG exploit... if you understand the core mechanics of this game.

99.9% of the exploit content of this game is legal, but when someone hacks something that isn't, (mainly the fault of the GGG developer team), there are TOS guardians to complain on the forums about how some players get rich illegally...
Very sad !

Especially since GGG vise doesn't care about this either.
Last edited by xaerobb on Jun 22, 2024, 7:51:11 AM
"
xaerobb wrote:
"
TreeOfDead wrote:

very well said!

The whole game, from its inception until today, is one BIG exploit... if you understand the core mechanics of this game.

99.9% of the exploit content of this game is legal, but when someone hacks something that isn't, (mainly the fault of the GGG developer team), there are TOS guardians to complain on the forums about how some players get rich illegally...
Very sad !

Especially since GGG vise doesn't care about this either.

Oh they don't? How come they fixed the 6-link exploit and deleted the items that had been created using it?

Doesn't sound like "don't care" to me.

Personally, I had wished that at least the people promoting it would get some punishment beyond deleting items they had already profited on, but that's for GGG to decide, not me.
The opposite of knowledge is not illiteracy, but the illusion of knowledge.
"
ArtCrusade wrote:

Oh they don't? How come they fixed the 6-link exploit and deleted the items that had been created using it?

Doesn't sound like "don't care" to me.

Personally, I had wished that at least the people promoting it would get some punishment beyond deleting items they had already profited on, but that's for GGG to decide, not me.

Yea, items were deleted as expected.
Unfortunately for you, no one was punished, if no one was punished by GGG, it means that no one did anything illegal.
If GGG did not punish anyone, ... the question for you is why did you want some people to be punished?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info