lets discuss - "exploit early, exploit often" is new legit meta? or its become new rule?

"
TreeOfDead wrote:
what u think?

Yes is obvious now

Expeciallu afyer this league … it was a circus

They not test anything anymore

We do the beta test for them for free

At least give ua a PTR so we can find these bugs BEFORE realease
Your strength is the law !!

MadG poe on youtube for mellee content
Last edited by eldest-bike4 on May 19, 2024, 1:26:28 AM
Its always been the meta for any multiplayer game with a large enough population. There are occasionally losers but that only comes about if a very small group find a very large exploit.

The only thing worth discussing would be the first multiplayer game to buck this particular trend :p
It's the unwritten rule for idiots.

It's more amusing because it ends up backfiring on them.

"
eldest-bike4 wrote:
At least give ua a PTR so we can find these bugs BEFORE realease

The rest of your takes just show you have little to no knowledge of testing processes.

But that one...yeah, use your brain for a moment, they open a beta realm, let people test things, what will happen is that the scummy exploiters will be jumping in to "test" and by test i mean find new exploits, that will be kept quiet so they can do it on the live realm.

Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by lagwin1980 on May 19, 2024, 3:14:46 AM
hoho lagwin is right, GGG should do it's own testing not rely on untrustworthy players.
-Official Forum Dweller-
-I started the hoho movement-
-Exploit Early - Exploit Often-
-Moderators are absurd and OP-
-Heist Enjoyer-
"
They aren't disrespecting the Terms though. The TOU gives them the right to restrict your account for basically anything if they decide to. It doesn't tell them they have to use that right to ban people for this exploit. They have every right to exercise that power one day and not exercise it the next; that is entirely consistent with the Terms.

You're right.

But it's hard for players/consumers to know where the line is being drawn when they are as consistent as a drunk bull. It's easy to say "just don't exploit", but when they sometimes don't even hint at a ban for obvious exploiting over time to get an advantage through trade, people are going to be tempted more and more to exploit the hell out of everything the next time an exploit like that comes around - and we all know it will.

I think it's pretty clear that this is just an example of "there's just too many of them, it will hurt us more to take action", and while it's understandable,, it sets a rather unhealthy precedence for the future.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
TreeOfDead wrote:
what u think?

It goes beyond the exploit definition itself:

. The "community" deteriorated to a point that even beta testers are keeping the interesting information for them instead of reporting it, thus I have to note down this already happened and has been reported in the past.
The main difference is now the exponential resulting abuse possibilities due cumulated (i would say multiplicative) amount of content.

. It covers pure exploits from bugs but also all the tricks, game's mechanics abuses like explained above. There's even a real money attraction factor behind all this.

I think a "game", even a bit pve competitive, should not look like this.
When you see players doing a dozen of mirror in a day while others are hardly doing 1 divine, things are clearly broken.

And it's all fucked up by botting on the top of that anyway, so get good fanboyz :ppp

Last edited by Universalis on May 19, 2024, 9:18:54 AM
PoE has never NOT been "exploit early, exploit often"....

Every single league there is some broken mechanic spitting out 1000s of times more loot than anything else, and every single league the majority of players flock to it. I would consider this equivalent to the bugged item issues.

Every single league there is some broken skill balance where a new skill or an old skill has a crazy interaction that causes it to deal 100s of times more damage than other skills. And every league, that skill becomes one of the top 3 most used skills.

These are all "exploiting" the imbalance and mistakes of the developer. For whatever reason, some folks decided to draw an arbitrary line with this item socket bug but.....it is no different than how players interact with the game in every other scenario.

Apparently its okay when loot is nuts to say "enjoy it while you can", its okay to use broken skills because "enjoy it while you can", but its NOT okay to use a bugged item and its "ban ban ban BAN". If something warrants fixing, GGG will fix it. But until then....its a NORMAL part of the game.
Last edited by mefistozxz on May 19, 2024, 11:56:08 AM
I am of the opinion that if there is a serious exploit and there are people who take advantage of situations, especially when playing in a group, the game becomes quite stupid, unexciting.

In path of exile there is currently a bit of exploit hunting

However, there is also a problem on the GGG side, where it seems that everything they have recently added favors such a situation

Sad...
So long as the exploit is widely broadcast and used after a few days no one is getting banned. PoE is already a niche game. GGG can't ban 10% of the player base.
8 mod maps are the new alch and go.
Last edited by zakalwe55 on May 20, 2024, 2:29:32 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYOKMUTTDdA \m/ - new meta ...
Last edited by Cremains on May 20, 2024, 8:25:34 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info