lets discuss - "exploit early, exploit often" is new legit meta? or its become new rule?

what u think?
Settlers master craft service Settlers My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Settlers veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Settlers SC master craft service Settlers SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Settlers craft PM: TreeOfDead
Last bumped on Jul 31, 2024, 1:38:38 PM
Happens every league.
Some people get banned, some get their items reverted.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
There is no relevant rule other than "GGG can ban you if they want to". If you do things that they might not like, you put your account at risk. If you're okay with that risk, well, that's up to you.
"
TreeOfDead wrote:
what u think?

Seems about right, I think.

"Exploit bad, don't do it. But if enough people do it, it's OK" seems to be the precedence set this league. If they suddenly ban someone next time, you might call it flip-flop'ing, even though people's tears will be sweet. At the end of the day, how are we supposed to respect the ToS going forward, when GGG don't?
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Phrazz wrote:
Seems about right, I think.

"Exploit bad, don't do it. But if enough people do it, it's OK" seems to be the precedence set this league. If they suddenly ban someone next time, you might call it flip-flop'ing, even though people's tears will be sweet. At the end of the day, how are we supposed to respect the ToS going forward, when GGG don't?
They aren't disrespecting the Terms though. The TOU gives them the right to restrict your account for basically anything if they decide to. It doesn't tell them they have to use that right to ban people for this exploit. They have every right to exercise that power one day and not exercise it the next; that is entirely consistent with the Terms.
hoho yes.
-Official Forum Dweller-
-I started the hoho movement-
-Exploit Early - Exploit Often-
-Moderators are absurd and OP-
-Heist Enjoyer-
It's not like they can stop you from doing so. Just keep in mind that playing with fire can get you burned.

"Exploits" get patched out all the time without banning people. For example, how one leveling option was farming a drop bear node in Delve without completing it. You had to burn sulphite for each run, but it was still a safe and fast source of experience; now, you don't get the experience for the encounter until the end of the encounter, when loot starts dropping.

But, the more you 'get' out of the exploit, the more likely exploiting it will turn out poorly for you. I don't know just how cracked the Ultimatum exploit was, so my view on it will be a bit hyperbolic: imagine that in the time you could clear one map, go through the process of setting up the next map, and handle the map loading times...they could keep the Ultimatum going on for that time instead, and even get 2-3 times as much loot/exp due to the density and lack of downtime.

On the other hand, it's curious how I haven't seen any begging for people exploiting The Hand of Phrecia with Generosity Support to be banned...
Apparently so. Silence on ban's for the recent exploit antics have spoken volumes. GGG's made it very clear that their ban hammer has it's limitations: # of bad players that participate in game illegal actions. So if literally everyone decided to do w/e flagrant rule breaker you can think of; we'll all get a pass.

"They can't ban us all" - the people have spoken and have now been proven correct. Guess we'll see you all next exploit folks! It's game on from here
I rarely post, but when I do it's important. Fighting for the player, not monsters! https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/880487

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2300612
"
WoT_Seanchan wrote:
Guess we'll see you all next exploit folks! It's game on from here

Make sure to let us all know on reddit or something if you do get banned on the next big exploit, especially if they don't announce that they've issued bans for it.
At the absolute apex of my faith in GGG, I believed they were dextrous enough to look at it this way when players 'cheated':

"It's a feature, not a bug exploit!"

or,

let the ants think they've found a new way of burrowing through the sand. This doesn't change the fact that they are, indeed, in our farm.

It's the perfect way to run any game that relies on challenging its players to beat the system.

These days my faith has matured into a crustier, stinkier view that as long as the money keeps coming, it doesn't really matter what the ants think.

...These days? Please. I remember popular streamers leaking from alpha years ago and getting a slap on the wrist where someone less likely to be noticed if disappeared...would have been.

It's a business, Exiles, and business is never black and white. I'd like to say it's grey, but honestly, it's more green. Or red, I suppose now.
https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info