PoE 2 becoming a totally seperate game from PoE 1 is absolutely brilliant!

"
Nubatron wrote:
I'm worried mostly because I like a 4-month cycles to recharge and for the health of the releases. Now I feel like I'm going to need to pick one or go full tilt to play both constantly. This isn't a POE problem, it's a me problem. I know that.

But it doesn't change how I feel about it.

I'm happy for the group that only plays 4-6 weeks. They'll be getting new content constantly.

First of all, think about which vision is more to your taste in Poe 1 play fast in the leagues and in Poe 2 maybe focus on the standard gameplay at the beginning without unnecessary pressure on the end game. It is also important that we haven't seen the end game of poe 2 who knows what will happen there I'm very excited
"
mentos1308 wrote:
"
Nubatron wrote:
I'm worried mostly because I like a 4-month cycles to recharge and for the health of the releases. Now I feel like I'm going to need to pick one or go full tilt to play both constantly. This isn't a POE problem, it's a me problem. I know that.

I'm happy for the group that only plays 4-6 weeks. They'll be getting new content constantly.

First of all, think about which vision is more to your taste in Poe 1 play fast in the leagues and in Poe 2 maybe focus on the standard gameplay at the beginning without unnecessary pressure on the end game. It is also important that we haven't seen the end game of poe 2 who knows what will happen there I'm very excited

I will probably like both. The pace of the game isn't really something that I care about except at the extremes, but I can play to my liking on that point. I will likely enjoy both.

So yeah, I'll have to pick one most likely. But I won't like the hard choice.
"
Nubatron wrote:

I really doubt this is just a you problem, i'm sure they discussed it internally too but the truth is their current strategy has worked extremely effectively for years - I can absolutely see doubled up releases causing burnout for both.

Players don't always choose rationally, they may well quit entirely rather than sit out every second league if it felt like too much.

I'm not sure I can handle doubled up, i'd probably judge it on a case by case but i'm not one of the 40/40 every league players either
Yeah, the doubled league cadence is why I'm very likely to abandon PoE1 altogether when the new game releases. It's already fuckin' hard enough to keep up with new content every three goddamn months, like fuck. I've got other games I want to play, Grinding Gear - Baldur's Gate 3 releases in less than a week, and I've got Armored Core 6 at the end of August i.e. the first Armored Core game my robot-loving raised-on-AC soul has gotten in over a decade. If you think playing Grifball in PoE is going to take precedence over either of those you're sorely mistaken, no matter how cool the idea of passive tree 'tattoos' is.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm glad they're (planning on) supporting both games into the future. I legitimately think it's the right call to leave PoE1 mostly alone, as Jonathan himself said: "we'd be getting rid of a game tons of people love, why should we do that?" The Religion of Zoom people get their SupaSaiyan ultrameth fix, the people that wanted a more engaging game about actually fighting the demon hordes of Wraeclast get their game, everybody wins. That's the takeaway from this ExileCon keynote - everybody wins.

Except whichever poor sorry goober was behind Trial of the Ancestors, because seriously. Seriously. I was actually hype to try almost whatever they felt like releasing, and then they released that. Fuck. BG3 it is.
Split games = split playerbase, so trading will be harder, and new leagues will die much faster.
"
Nubatron wrote:

I felt this too and turned it around with some copium. Not being a fan of all the PoE leagues, I've played some a lot and others I barely touched. With leagues for both poe 1 and 2 I'll have a bigger buffet to pick from.

But you're in the 40/40 club and I can sort of imagine the amount of 'work' to complete both ends...so yea, I get that.
Did you try turning it off and on again?
Last edited by kaepae on Jul 29, 2023, 10:09:34 AM
"
Murmuüre wrote:
Split games = split playerbase, so trading will be harder, and new leagues will die much faster.

Uh, there are currently so many crafting options in Poe that trade is not necessary and if the league is good, I mean the mechanics, people will play

And the players are already divided into those who want speed and those who want more good mechanics and less speed, more fun with bosses and so on...

There are also players who have dilemmas of course and where will they find time for all this
"
Murmuüre wrote:

Upshot: if trading really does become significantly more difficult in PoE1 as a result of player bleed, maybe Grinding Gear will see that as enough friction to keep trade under control and y'all will finally get that economy-destroying Auction House you've been chasing for so long.
Unexpected but interesting. Two different games. GGG saying lowkey "diablo4 aint sh.." :D
I think is a bad thing from the standpoint that they have said they would fix many things in poe and then put them off for poe 2 which may NEVER come out.

Just look how they killed the engine with a minor particle change that wasn't needed.

Will they ever are 6linking?

Or fix the tooltips?

Adjust drop rates so the game feels fun without trade?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info