PoE 2 becoming a totally seperate game from PoE 1 is absolutely brilliant!

Works for me especially if PoE 2 becomes Ruthless 2.
8 mod maps are the new alch and go.
"
innervation wrote:
"
Murmuüre wrote:
Split games = split playerbase, so trading will be harder, and new leagues will die much faster.

Yeah that's not how that works. The vast majority of trades are in commodities and currency which are all easily supplied (they drop in every map) and are always in demand (everyone wants currency and scarabs to craft, trade, and juice with).

If there are 'usually' 1 million chaos orbs for sale on day 14 of the league and half the players go play PoE2, there will be 500,000 chaos orbs for trade and half the demand will be gone as well. It will still shake out to the same end point when it comes to buying and selling them.

wrong

coz 1 pro player can have effect of 100 avg players on economy

so if half of players go to poe2 and most of them big boys (which is what will happen) it will be 80-90% of poe1 economy gone
"
xlKhaled wrote:

wrong

so if half of players go to poe2 and most of them big boys (which is what will happen) it will be 80-90% of poe1 economy gone

Incorrect. "Pro" players and average players never interact in the economy. "Pro" players are trading gigachad items for fifty-plus divs between each other; "average" players are trading decent rares and uncommon uniques for five to ten chaos amongst themselves. An average player might - might - buy the lowest-end of low-end items from a "pro's" shop once per league if they get very lucky. PoE Gigajuicers and Religion of Zoom ultrachads are invisible to the rest of us.
"
1453R wrote:
"
xlKhaled wrote:

wrong

Incorrect. "Pro" players and average players never interact in the economy. "Pro" players are trading gigachad items for fifty-plus divs between each other; "average" players are trading decent rares and uncommon uniques for five to ten chaos amongst themselves. An average player might - might - buy the lowest-end of low-end items from a "pro's" shop once per league if they get very lucky. PoE Gigajuicers and Religion of Zoom ultrachads are invisible to the rest of us.

It's more of a pyramid where everyone mostly trades with people who stand on the same or close level. And one moves up these levels as he progresses through the league.
Last edited by Xyel on Jul 29, 2023, 5:59:28 PM
"
Draegnarrr wrote:
"
Nubatron wrote:
I'm worried mostly because I like a 4-month cycles to recharge and for the health of the releases. Now I feel like I'm going to need to pick one or go full tilt to play both constantly. This isn't a POE problem, it's a me problem. I know that.

But it doesn't change how I feel about it.

I'm happy for the group that only plays 4-6 weeks. They'll be getting new content constantly.

I really doubt this is just a you problem, i'm sure they discussed it internally too but the truth is their current strategy has worked extremely effectively for years - I can absolutely see doubled up releases causing burnout for both.

Players don't always choose rationally, they may well quit entirely rather than sit out every second league if it felt like too much.

I'm not sure I can handle doubled up, i'd probably judge it on a case by case but i'm not one of the 40/40 every league players either

Yeah, I guess time will tell. After seeing POE2 adopting a lot of Ruthless design decisions, I'm kind of glad they separated them now. If I have to pick between the two right now, it looks like POE1 will be the answer.
"
Nubatron wrote:

Yeah, I guess time will tell. After seeing POE2 adopting a lot of Ruthless design decisions, I'm kind of glad they separated them now. If I have to pick between the two right now, it looks like POE1 will be the answer.

Helluva silver lining, huh? =0[.]o=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
Let's hope that from now on, we don't let POE1 get closer to POE2
Otherwise, the meaning of the separation would be lost
I still haven't made up my mind. Perhaps it's because we've been told what to expect 4 yrs ago (2 campaigns, shared end game) and have had the idea of a shared end game in mind for so long. Not sure how it will play out but I highly doubt that I will play both games consecutively.

I am, however, very disappointed that some of the things we (or at least I) thought would be coming to PoE 1, such as the new gem system or the new classes now don't seem to be ported back...would have loved to get crazy with the druid in PoE 1.

I'm not really worried about the speed issue - they were clearly using undergeared characters in all the gameplay we saw from the Con and Jonathan said in the Q&A that they are aiming at 95% of the speed at endgame, so I'm assuming that zoomers will find a way to zoom in PoE 2.
Lastly, I'm not a big fan of having to use multiple skills / combos...depending on how this will feel gameplay-wise in PoE 2, this might be the deciding factor between which game will be my "main game" once PoE 2 is fully released.
Last edited by eperon on Jul 30, 2023, 8:05:26 AM
"
Raycheetah wrote:
"
Nubatron wrote:

Helluva silver lining, huh? =0[.]o=

No kidding.

I am worried that POE1 might get the DOTA treatment. Initially DOTA received updates alongside DOTA2, but that stopped and DOTA died off.

They may view POE2 as a viable offramp for POE1 and use that as a reason to focus their time and resources on POE2. It's too early to say for certain and purely speculative, but that would not be great from my perspective.
"
Let's hope that from now on, we don't let POE1 get closer to POE2
Otherwise, the meaning of the separation would be lost

This may be a big bonus for POE1. Since they're separate games, there is no reason to keep absorbing some of the Ruthless ideology into POE1. POE2 can absorb those design decisions instead.

I know that's a heavy dose of copium, but I'm happy with my ignorant bliss.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info