PoE 2 becoming a totally seperate game from PoE 1 is absolutely brilliant!

"
Xyel wrote:
"
"
Xyel wrote:

And finally, for the game speed, do you think they've made a hundred unique mini-bosses with complex mechanics and stages-based fights only for the final game to have a progression where the standard is to delete them in 5 seconds? use common sense...

There's no excuse, They said they were making it to unify the endgames.

As an engineer this is not honestly that big of a problem, Its embarrassing to say it cant be fixed.

And they reevaluated the unification after the ruthless boss kill event bombed in Crucible. There's nothing to 'fix' for GGG - they realized the PoE2 direction won't suit a major fraction of the PoE 1's playerbase, so they're keeping both games along with separate endgames to not lose those players.

The Ruthless boss kill was because they allowed cheat-mods to be added (exploding totems) for example, that is 100% their fault and there is no excuses for it, I would have as a tester told them this IMMEDIATELY after having been given acess to the raw data that the totem mod was a mistake not only because of its already rediculous numbers but because they were literally running a historic competition for the right to make a unique item.

Innocence forgives you
for most it'll be better in the long run, but I do think they deserve a little bit of stick for saying it was going to tie in in the first place.

When they announced it initially I had a major eyebrow raise usually indicative of a reveal with something that can't be fulfilled. It was a strange choice especially when you consider how different the pacing seemed to be in promotional footage.

Which raises an alternate issue of some players are unhappy because they no longer feed into the same game, but would they actually have been happy when PoE1 got a hard shift in its power/pacing to fit the new model anyway?

Its a complex problem, but one that could mostly have been avoided by just being straight out its a sequel we will run in parallel that shares MTX and some elements.

For myself i'm far happier with this route as I couldn't see how they could make PoE2 what it needed to be while it was tied to PoE1, it was going to become a chimera that ruined both games compared to what players wanted them for IMO.
"
The Ruthless boss kill was because they allowed cheat-mods to be added (exploding totems) for example, that is 100% their fault and there is no excuses for it, I would have as a tester told them this IMMEDIATELY after having been given acess to the raw data that the totem mod was a mistake not only because of its already rediculous numbers but because they were literally running a historic competition for the right to make a unique item.

You misunderstand - the ruthless boss kill was a failure because it gathered almost no interest. There were what, 20 people trying to get it, with zero of them being major content creators?
"
Xyel wrote:
"

You misunderstand - the ruthless boss kill was a failure because it gathered almost no interest. There were what, 20 people trying to get it, with zero of them being major content creators?

Because nobody wanted Ruthless.

What does Streamers* have to do with anything btw?

If they had joined or not it wouldn't have changed a single thing.
Innocence forgives you
They only run the events for promotion isn't that obvious? Of course it matters that the streamers weren't participating do you really think their secret goal is to have a rando design some uniques for them when they literally have people on staff whose job it is?

Sorry I know that came off as really sarcastic but I just found that bit funny.

Boss race is part of the league start media circus, they want eyes on screens.
Last edited by Draegnarrr on Jul 29, 2023, 7:18:31 AM
"
Draegnarrr wrote:
They only run the events for promotion isn't that obvious? Of course it matters that the streamers weren't participating do you really think their secret goal is to have a rando design some uniques for them when they literally have people on staff whose job it is?

Sorry I know that came off as really sarcastic but I just found that bit funny.

Boss race is part of the league start media circus, they want eyes on screens.

Innocence is having trouble forgiving this one, I've had to deliver a lot of blasphemer's to the feeding pit lately.

(AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH)

this is definitely a wierd situation.
Innocence forgives you
Last edited by SilentSymphony on Jul 29, 2023, 7:27:04 AM
At the players who see all kinds of pitfalls in 1 and 2 being separate games, what are they? (no sarcasm, I'm just wondering what I'm not seeing right)

Did you try turning it off and on again?
"
"
Xyel wrote:
"

Because nobody wanted Ruthless.

What does Streamers* have to do with anything btw?

If they had joined or not it wouldn't have changed a single thing.

Exactly, and PoE 2 is made out of Ruthless. So far, it seems like Ruthless turtle mode.

Content creators are a great indicator of interest - they make a living out of being watched, so they play games that people watch, and people watch things that they are interested in.

Separating Poe 2 from Poe 1 is a fantastic decision for that decision I'm buying another pack and generally from what has been discussed and shown Poe 2 has a great chance for me to become something I've been looking for in this RPG genre

Thank you very much GGG!!! for your hard work

I feel a little calmer now and really excited!!!!
I'm worried mostly because I like a 4-month cycles to recharge and for the health of the releases. Now I feel like I'm going to need to pick one or go full tilt to play both constantly. This isn't a POE problem, it's a me problem. I know that.

But it doesn't change how I feel about it.

I'm happy for the group that only plays 4-6 weeks. They'll be getting new content constantly.
Last edited by Nubatron on Jul 29, 2023, 8:53:44 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info