PoE 2 becoming a totally seperate game from PoE 1 is absolutely brilliant!

5) Ruthless main mode - PoE 2 looks slower than ruthless, so far, so with the ruthless mode moving to PoE 2, it might help to keep it away from PoE 1
The demos were of act 3 I think? And they deliberately used a low-power character to better showcase the abilities/combat. How zoom zoom do you go in act 3 of Poe 1 with a fresh character?
Brilliant is exactly what came to mind.

So leagues of PoE 1 and 2 won't be dropped simultaneously, but in turn. So we'd play the new league of PoE and after ... 6 (?) weeks or such, PoE 2 will get a new league. If you like PoE altogether, this kind of means they doubled it.

They have a freedom of design (as op mentioned). So PoE 2 can be the slower, better balanced version of PoE 1, while 1 can still be advanced zoom pacman megablast. It will split a portion of the playerbase, as now there's choice for flavor. Most will play both, I bet. And if a league drops you don't like, you can stay in the other (even though the economy will be less active).

Also a good way to let people keep their legacy standard stash in PoE 1.

And you keep all your purchases. No need to repurchase stash tabs, while it is actually a whole new game. That's more than decent, imho.
Did you try turning it off and on again?
"
KZA wrote:
This will let GGG have so much more freedom to redesign the game while reducing community backlash.

1) Item Design Freedom: There were so many issues that would've come about with item bases/sockets. almost every PoE 1 item would have had to be reworked/rebalanced. I can only imagine the backlash and challenges this would've brought.

2) Skill Design Freedom: The change to support gems to not add damage is a huge positive for gameplay, but it would feel bad in PoE 1 to lose that power (just look what happened when they nerfed the damage only a little bit on support gems a few patches back)

3) Power Creep Fix: It feels bad when we have power and it gets taken away, even though the game is better when monsters present a challenge from start to finish. By separating the two games, they are free to make PoE 2 much more engaging/slower/challenging without making players feel like they got nerfed (no one complained back in the day when Piety/Dominus took 10 minutes to kill, because that was considered normal.) It's just a fresh start. I bet we will see only 1/30th of the complaints about power compared to if they kept PoE 1 and 2 the same game.

4) Misc. Design Freedom: GGG can finally get rid of instant logout, insane life recovery speeds, insane quantities of loot drops and other core mechanics that are the root of so many other issues that PoE 1 is balanced around.

TLDR: On PoE 1, players are used to having certain power/speed/mechanics, and once these expectations take hold, any reduction in power hurts, but on a fresh game, those expectations are reset.

And for people who hate the changes, PoE 1 will still be available to play!

Love what I've seen so far!

On paper you are right, but the giant elephant in the room is, will they keep PoE 1 a fun and engaging game? will they realese decent new content or just mediocre stuff? It's very hard to keep up 2 games like poe 1 and poe 2. Eventually they will make poe 1 artificially obsolete and people will be pissed off, me included
MF Academy Discord Server: https://discord.gg/mfacademy
Farming Strategy Guide: https://tinyurl.com/2c5u7za8
Also if PoE 1 and PoE 2 leagues don't launch in the same month, it would be a brilliant strategic move to make players 'stuck' in this constant loop of new leagues where they play PoE 'forever'.
It's not brilliant, It's a failure to deliver what was promised.

Would you reward someone for putting a bigger hole in your roof when you payed them to fix the hole?

Nope.
Innocence forgives you
"

Would you reward someone for putting a bigger hole in your roof when you payed them to fix the hole?

Nope.

QFT.

GGG left us hanging for FOUR years under those expectations. When did they change their minds? ='[.]'=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
Last edited by Raycheetah on Jul 29, 2023, 6:12:36 AM
"
Xyel wrote:
5) Ruthless main mode - PoE 2 looks slower than ruthless, so far, so with the ruthless mode moving to PoE 2, it might help to keep it away from PoE 1

you realize gameplay was shown with 1L skill right? intantionally? so you could see everything you think they are gonna use max level character min maxed build and just speedrun through the content in 30 seconds? use a common sense...
"
Raycheetah wrote:
"

Nope.

QFT.

GGG left us hanging for FOUR years under those expectations. When did they change their minds? ='[.]'=

Somewhere between when the Ruthless fever took them over, and POE2 went down that path, and when the Ruthless push in Crucible didn't work out.
most brilliant stuff i heard in couple of days atleast.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info