PoE 2 becoming a totally seperate game from PoE 1 is absolutely brilliant!

"
KZA wrote:
This will let GGG have so much more freedom to redesign the game while reducing community backlash....

True. Maybe that's why in the latest League (Trial of the Ancestors), GGG's ideas were wilder & to the point "silly". It's like this coming league is a creative freedom from them, they are no longer bound to the design constraints that will impact PoE 2.
"A game IS supposed to waste your time but it's not supposed to make you FEEL like you're wasting your time:
It's supposed to make you WANT to waste your time."
"
Gopstop22 wrote:
"
Xyel wrote:
5) Ruthless main mode - PoE 2 looks slower than ruthless, so far, so with the ruthless mode moving to PoE 2, it might help to keep it away from PoE 1

you realize gameplay was shown with 1L skill right? intantionally? so you could see everything you think they are gonna use max level character min maxed build and just speedrun through the content in 30 seconds? use a common sense...

Ruthlesss gameplay isn't much slower than PoE either.

Ruthless isn't about the gameplay speed, but about the difficutly to progress by obtaining items.

If you look at the game demos drop rates, stuff isn't dropping, exactly how it isn't dropping in Ruthless.

Moreover, this is the PoE2 chaos orb:

You may notice it's much, much, much weaker than the current chaos orb. Since scouring and alteration orbs don't seem to exist in PoE, gearing likely won't be anything like in the current PoE.

And finally, for the game speed, do you think they've made a hundred unique mini-bosses with complex mechanics and stages-based fights only for the final game to have a progression where the standard is to delete them in 5 seconds? use common sense...
Last edited by Xyel on Jul 29, 2023, 6:30:04 AM
ABSSOLUTLY BRILLIANT!!!!!!1111!!1!

it's not. it's the easy route. if they would have managed an evolving of poe1 to poe2 that would have been innovative and brilliant.

Last edited by STHGod on Jul 29, 2023, 7:11:38 AM
"
Xyel wrote:

And finally, for the game speed, do you think they've made a hundred unique mini-bosses with complex mechanics and stages-based fights only for the final game to have a progression where the standard is to delete them in 5 seconds? use common sense...

There's no excuse, They said they were making it to unify the endgames.

As an engineer this is not honestly that big of a problem, Its embarrassing to say it cant be fixed.
Innocence forgives you
Last edited by SilentSymphony on Jul 29, 2023, 6:43:10 AM
"
"
Xyel wrote:

There's no excuse, They said they were making it to unify the endgames.

As an engineer this is not honestly that big of a problem, Its embarrassing to say it cant be fixed.

And they reevaluated the unification after the ruthless boss kill event bombed in Crucible. There's nothing to 'fix' for GGG - they realized the PoE2 direction won't suit a major fraction of the PoE 1's playerbase, so they're keeping both games along with separate endgames to not lose those players.
Last edited by Xyel on Jul 29, 2023, 6:41:40 AM
"
It's not brilliant, It's a failure to deliver what was promised.

Would you reward someone for putting a bigger hole in your roof when you payed them to fix the hole?

Nope.

Yeah I think it's a terrible decision for numerous reasons but it feels like a bait and switch first and foremost.

So they knew this was coming and blew smoke up our rears.

PoE 2 can still be great but the news that it is now completely separate from PoE 1 completely changes my opinions and outlook on the game in a heavily negative light.

Yeah I think it's a terrible decision for numerous reasons but it feels like a bait and switch first and foremost.

So they knew this was coming and blew smoke up our rears.

PoE 2 can still be great but the news that it is now completely separate from PoE 1 completely changes my opinions and outlook on the game in a heavily negative light.[/quote]

totally agree
A brilliant lie.
and what happens to all the people that dont like poe2`s arcade playstyle but want to play the new ascendancy classes?

i dont feel i will stick much to poe1 if i dont like poe2.
Tbh I'm not 100% sold on it.

There are so many good and bad things that could come out of it. It's not all good and we are still 2-3 years away from POE2.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info