PoE 2 becoming a totally seperate game from PoE 1 is absolutely brilliant!

more freedom for what? they'll have more freedom to ruin everything that made path of exile fun, unique and appealing. everything that made it the best arpg on the market. so far it looks nothing more than a polished diablo 4 with improved systems and graphics. diablo 5 isn't what I want, I want the core path of exile experience. we haven't seen the endgame though, so I might change my mind if the endgame isn't that different from what we have right now
I mean, the loot vomit can be fixed right now, and then we'd not be required to use a loot filter...

Just put a floor on which tier can roll on any specific item/area level, eg so an Item Level 85 dooda can only roll Tier 1-3, weighted towards 3.

Now you'd only need a few items to drop, because they're not 99% useless.
"
kaibraxton wrote:
"
Tadatsune wrote:
I have to agree with the OP, separating the two games is not only smart, from a practical perspective it's virtually a necessity. Now PoE I can continue on its own path while PoE II is free to grow in any direction it needs to. Bravo GGG.

Well this change puts many people in a conundrum.

If someone does not like PoE2 and they are worried about PoE1 getting relevant updates and love, wouldn't that make many people hesitant to buy supporter packs or MTX?

Taking myself as an example, I don't think I'll be giving GGG any money at least until after the official launch of PoE2. I didn't care for most of what was showed about PoE2, which was exponentially aggravated by the news they will be separate games. I do not want my support for one game to prop up the other. I'd be more comfortable if there was a guarantee they'd both get the proper love and attention, but I just don't see that happening unless the majority of the player base barely touches the sequel.

I think the same, we no longer know what will happen with PoE1, so I don't think I will buy any MTX anymore.
Even though some say that these MTX will go to PoE2, this is partially false, as they will only IF there is 1:1 conversion, that Ethereal Fusing Effect will go to waste, as there will be no fusing in PoE2...
Furthermore we don't have information about certain aspects of the game like Map Devices, so the expensive hideouts that some people purchased for $480 will also be thrown in the trash.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info