PoE 2 becoming a totally seperate game from PoE 1 is absolutely brilliant!

PoE2 wont be out for yrs!!! prepare yourselfs ahaha..only reason they gave a beta date was because of D4!!!

"
Nubatron wrote:
"
Xyel wrote:

That imo depends heavily on how much of PoE 1's playerbase migrates over to PoE 2. If PoE1 keeps pulling numbers similar to now, then it will be updated and maintained just fine.

If that's the bar to keep updating POE1, then we might as well prepare the funeral arrangements. Some people will not but up for the possible POE1/POE2 cycle and will pick up one of the two. A part of that group will pick POE2; meaning the numbers are bound to be less than now.

I hope that's not the case.

The pool should be larger - PoE2 should attract a whole lot of new people, as well as returning souls who don't really play PoE1 anymore. The increase in total players is likely going to elevate Poe1 playerbase to never before seen heights.
I have to agree with the OP, separating the two games is not only smart, from a practical perspective it's virtually a necessity. Now PoE I can continue on its own path while PoE II is free to grow in any direction it needs to. Bravo GGG.
"
argoniashawks wrote:
PoE2 wont be out for yrs!!! prepare yourselfs ahaha..only reason they gave a beta date was because of D4!!!

If GGG weren't confident of a possible release window they wouldn't have given a very specific date for the closed beta, which has already been confirmed to last for 1 league (3 months)
"
MadMossy wrote:
"
argoniashawks wrote:

If GGG weren't confident of a possible release window they wouldn't have given a very specific date for the closed beta, which has already been confirmed to last for 1 league (3 months)

Well, you know... Plans change, and all that. ='[.]'=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
Tadatsune wrote:
I have to agree with the OP, separating the two games is not only smart, from a practical perspective it's virtually a necessity. Now PoE I can continue on its own path while PoE II is free to grow in any direction it needs to. Bravo GGG.

Well this change puts many people in a conundrum.

If someone does not like PoE2 and they are worried about PoE1 getting relevant updates and love, wouldn't that make many people hesitant to buy supporter packs or MTX?

Taking myself as an example, I don't think I'll be giving GGG any money at least until after the official launch of PoE2. I didn't care for most of what was showed about PoE2, which was exponentially aggravated by the news they will be separate games. I do not want my support for one game to prop up the other. I'd be more comfortable if there was a guarantee they'd both get the proper love and attention, but I just don't see that happening unless the majority of the player base barely touches the sequel.
"
kaibraxton wrote:
Well this change puts many people in a conundrum.

If someone does not like PoE2 and they are worried about PoE1 getting relevant updates and love, wouldn't that make many people hesitant to buy supporter packs or MTX?

Taking myself as an example, I don't think I'll be giving GGG any money at least until after the official launch of PoE2. I didn't care for most of what was showed about PoE2, which was exponentially aggravated by the news they will be separate games. I do not want my support for one game to prop up the other. I'd be more comfortable if there was a guarantee they'd both get the proper love and attention, but I just don't see that happening unless the majority of the player base barely touches the sequel.

Agreed. When they announced PoE2 years ago being an extension of PoE1, that was truly exciting, something big to look forward to and continuing to buying supporter packs felt natural. N ow that PoE2 is a completely disjoint title, they've indirectly confirmed that PoE1 is in maintenance mode, and has been for the last few years proven by the minimal effort league content provisioned by their small team of staff. Exilecon has left me puzzled and disappointed.

PoE2 visuals looks amazing but gameplay looks like it's taken a huge step back into the classic 90's era. Gold, mana/heatlh flasks, what is that, a Diablo 1 clone? I know, it's more like Dark Souls since there's rolling and when you die you spawn a the beginning of the level.

"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023
"
Raycheetah wrote:
"
MadMossy wrote:
"
argoniashawks wrote:

Well, you know... Plans change, and all that. ='[.]'=

Cross that bridge when/if we get there.
i liked the original idea more , lets hope they keep all the "muh vison" stuff to poe2 and let us have the fun in OGpoe
X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett :'(
Guys....c'mon

guys.....do i have to spell it out for you?

There is only one reason they are doing it like this.

They think this will bring in more money

the end.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info