This absolutely will divide the playerbase and not in a good way...

-
Last edited by BluValk on Nov 28, 2023, 8:57:45 AM
"
Gopstop22 wrote:
wont divide anything becuz most people are done with league after 1-2 months that is when they will release new league for poe 2 and people will jump to play that instead so very smart of ggg

most people are done before the first month (I mean people who make it to maps and trade, not also the people who only finish campaign or dont even beat brutus or hillock or whoever)

So, it's more Poe leagues per unit of time, and if one sucks, oh well, not that long till the next.

that said, PoE2 monsters look way too bull spongy.
It's not like it will shutdown but poe 3.X will probably become a maintenance mode and not really a focus anymore after 4.0 releases.

They can't keep the game stable sometimes and release this kind of patches where destroys performance for everyone even high end pcs and the game becomes unplayable.

The question is why reach such point because you want players to keep playing your game and dont want them to wander off. I personally expect 3.X to be constantly neglected when it comes to fixes and priorities after 4.0 is released.

Edit: sure I know they will keep releasing leagues and content which isnt "maintenance" mode but fixes? changes? those might come even more late or never like crucible issues had.. you can put the event as an excuse but it's not their first time..
"Parade your victories, hide your defeats. Mortals are so insecure."

Once you break the cycle of fear no angels or demons can whisper you their sweet nothing words.

Retired since crucible.(Not a free tester anymore for a multi billion dollar company).
Last edited by Xystre on Jul 29, 2023, 3:12:12 AM
To be honest, I feel like people are overreacting with this. Chances are that the the overwhelming majority of the player base will move to PoE 2 because it is new.

I don’t think it is a zoom vs slowly game, PoE 1 was slow in the beginning, even now if a fresh player attempts the game without following many guides it will be far slower than some think. So giving it some time and it will play in a way that most people enjoy it.

Once again, new stuff alone is the biggest carrot of players.
it wasnt intended to divide anything op.

It was ment as a classic gameplay for those who didnt wanted the new.

Its very clever btw.
Nice to see the tables turn. People who were fiercly criticising d4 are now defending PoE2 exactly how some people defended d4.

Forums are the best.
I do wonder if PoE II stands outside of GGG's contract with TenCent? Perhaps they decided to pull a bait-and-switch on TenCent, in order to regain some freedom? =0[.]o=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
Each time they tried to move POE1 in the slower POE2 direction was the reaction negative. I believe this forced them to split the 2 games. Otherwise would they need to do nerf league after nerf league*, they could eventually lose as many players as POE2 would give them. Why spend a gigantic amount on POE2 if that is the case. POE2 is all about GROWING the player base after all.

*Or one big shock nerf league that would cause then to lose the same amount of players instantly
"
hasatt0 wrote:
Nice to see the tables turn. People who were fiercly criticising d4 are now defending PoE2 exactly how some people defended d4.

Forums are the best.

That's the forums or the poe community in a nutshell..

It's smart from a business point to have two separate games and both running up to keep the streamers, neets and retired people busy always while they support the game. It's a win/win for them in general. There's no downside for them except that those players are going to keep playing poe no matter the version. Keeps twitch numbers up and revenue and time metrics.
"Parade your victories, hide your defeats. Mortals are so insecure."

Once you break the cycle of fear no angels or demons can whisper you their sweet nothing words.

Retired since crucible.(Not a free tester anymore for a multi billion dollar company).
Why would it divide player base?

Stash is shared across both... So effectively it's just one massive game with 2 separate areas. With a shared stash you can seamlessly trade between both poe1 and 2 and farm what you want.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info