This absolutely will divide the playerbase and not in a good way...

we were already divided in so many ways before, i want more than anything to see people coming together in PoE not growing farther apart.
Innocence forgives you
Last edited by SilentSymphony on Jul 28, 2023, 8:33:28 PM
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
I'm more intrested to know what if anything they'll be porting over to PoE1, we've just had one of the graphical ones, but there are other systems that could still come over like the skill gems.

Well unfortunately listening to the lead dev of POE2, he didn't even know about features that came in the last year to POE1 he said he has no idea what is happening on POE1.

So their team is obviously clearly divided and as a result, improvements to POE2 do not seem like they'll come to POE1 :(

Very sad news. The good stuff they will put in POE2 to keep it different. It's a shame
Last edited by Nevzat on Jul 28, 2023, 8:40:37 PM
PoE 2 looks more like Lost Ark than PoE...

Also WHY THE F IS THEIR GOLD???
ProbablyGettingNerfed - L100 Occultist
Vinktarded - L100 Pathfinder
GoogleDiversityHire - L100 Necromancer

3.13 was the pinnacle of PoE. IVYS+1 Gang 4 Life.
Last edited by TheAshmaker on Jul 28, 2023, 8:41:09 PM
"
Imiona wrote:
I wonder if there will be a HH or Mageblood in PoE 2

The devs seem to have a good understanding of chase items, I'm sure PoE2 will feature some banger uniques to chase. Although it would be nicer if we had chase rares b/c ground loot should be best loot -_-
I think it is stupid that 6 linking is going to remain forever in poe1.

Such a trash mechanic.

On a weird note did the item that predicts a crafting outcome tell us that crafting is seeded, or did predicting the craft create a deterministic outcome?

Either way that seems problematic.
I am hoping to play both games. I don't really engage in the leagues that heavily, just enjoy completing the story campaign each time and then waiting for the next league. So my attention and dedication can be able to handle both games imo.
I don't think they're supporting both games. It makes no absolutely sense when you start thinking about it. Double the end game expansions? Double the leagues? Double the voice acting? Double the music? Double the balancing? Double the story/lore? To me this is all just a PR-stunt to get people to still be excited about POE 1 during the next 2 years.

And the fact that POE 2 looks waaaaay slower next to POE 1 is reason alone IMO. "I just want the fast game with the more loot bro" and all of GGGs wishes about a slower game with better player retention goes up in smoke. Nah, not gonna happen. I could even see them killing POE 1 or reducing it to some standard league only-thing the day POE 2 hits.
Ninja.
"
la_blue_girl wrote:
I don't think they're supporting both games. It makes no absolutely sense when you start thinking about it. Double the end game expansions? Double the leagues? Double the voice acting? Double the music? Double the balancing? Double the story/lore? To me this is all just a PR-stunt to get people to still be excited about POE 1 during the next 2 years.

And the fact that POE 2 looks waaaaay slower next to POE 1 is reason alone IMO. "I just want the fast game with the more loot bro" and all of GGGs wishes about a slower game with better player retention goes up in smoke. Nah, not gonna happen. I could even see them killing POE 1 or reducing it to some standard league only-thing the day POE 2 hits.

It does make sense if and only if both are profitable. If they double their amount of players and 50% each play PoE 1 and 2 respectively, then there is no reason not to support both.

And if one game ends up taking 80% of the play time doesn't that game deserve a bigger staff and more support?
Business-wise, it's a smart decision. Why put all your eggs in one basket, if you can make 2 baskets?

- If PoE 2 failed they still have PoE 1 to fall back to.

- If PoE 2 got more popular & players lose interest in PoE 1, they can focus on PoE 2 to the point they can abandon or put PoE 1 in maintenance mode.

- If PoE 1 & 2, have the same equal support from the player base, then they can develop both games base on their respective strength & target audience, more player base for GGG overall.

Besides, as Cris stated, both leagues of the game will not come up at the same time, they come up when the other one is near its league's end, so there's no split happening. They actually just widening their net to catch more fish. So, instead of making a single game that caters only to one specific player base, they're making 2 games to cater to more players.

And to the players fearing that PoE 1 will lose players because of PoE 2, the reality is, if players want to still play PoE 1, they will still play PoE 1, with PoE 2 or any other game coming out.
If those players want to stop playing PoE 1, they will stop & move on to something else one way or another. At least with this decision, those players now have the option to come back or remain in GGG's customer even though it's in PoE 2.

But they would not know yet what the players would like more or if both, so why not give the players the choice to choose, & have more accurate data, hence split the 2 games?

Having a choice is always been the best part of PoE, so why not make the players choose which version of PoE they want to play?
"A game IS supposed to waste your time but it's not supposed to make you FEEL like you're wasting your time:
It's supposed to make you WANT to waste your time."
Everyone will play.

Proof is 1 year form now. THink of how many "I wont play unless they...." tantrum posts there are.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info