This absolutely will divide the playerbase and not in a good way...

"
Do none of you read or watch the fucking stream? The gold is there for vendors / gambling through vendors that's it; You're STILL going to be using orbs via trade. Nothing is changing via the base point of trade in POE.

You're not going to use gold to trade via another player it's orbs still.

Still why even have it tho. The only logical conclusion I can come up with is it is something to drop when you would normally drop nothing.
They didn't want you to use actual currency anymore that's it; It's not a hard concept.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Play exclusively SSF so PoE2 will have a hard time splitting the player base for me….can’t wait gonna be a fun year of anticipation!
Let's face it, the playerbase is already heavily divided. You have the zoomers who like the fast gameplay and you have the ruthless guys who are looking for something slow and challenging. POE2 is going to tend to the latter just remains to be seen what that will mean for ongoing POE1 development.
"
Thesuffering wrote:
"
TheAshmaker wrote:
PoE 2 looks more like Lost Ark than PoE...

Also WHY THE F IS THEIR GOLD???

I think the gold is for new players. But it is a very bad choice imo. THe trade with currency is brilliant in POE.

Pretty sure the gear itemization is also more "Diablo-esque," as I think I saw pants drop in the game demo. ='[.]'=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
Raycheetah wrote:
"
Thesuffering wrote:
"
TheAshmaker wrote:
PoE 2 looks more like Lost Ark than PoE...

Also WHY THE F IS THEIR GOLD???

I think the gold is for new players. But it is a very bad choice imo. THe trade with currency is brilliant in POE.

Pretty sure the gear itemization is also more "Diablo-esque," as I think I saw pants drop in the game demo. ='[.]'=

DO WE FINALY CAN HAVE PANTS ?? and stop running with underwear :D
"
cacmeister wrote:
Play exclusively SSF so PoE2 will have a hard time splitting the player base for me….can’t wait gonna be a fun year of anticipation!

I've had four years of anticipation, based on what the Devs told us at Exilcon 2019. I was hyped all that time that PoE was gonna get a big overhaul to correct many issues (particularly the gem socket QoL), only to discover that, "Nah, separate game. Enjoy your MTXs in both, though."

And mark my words. PoE II will be the "new hotness." Zoom-zoom players will step up and make the game their own, and most players will follow, for the novelty, if nothing else. PoE 1 will become a wasteland, Dev support will dwindle, and then GGG will have to decide if they should keep the lights on or not. =-[.]-=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
Raycheetah wrote:

And mark my words. PoE II will be the "new hotness." Zoom-zoom players will step up and make the game their own, and most players will follow, for the novelty, if nothing else. PoE 1 will become a wasteland, Dev support will dwindle, and then GGG will have to decide if they should keep the lights on or not. =-[.]-=

At some point probably yea giving that PoE2 will always shine over PoE1 with all the better improvements and all while PoE1 has the bottleneck of limitations.
The best thing they could do for both games is to balance everything around ssf so you don't have to rely on a player base. But even with that the issue continues that they might consider to shut down the support and server for PoE1 if close to nobody plays it. Maybe a bit too much copium but I feel your disappointment. Also not really excited to see like 2 or 3 more dead Ascendancy classes with the next leagues giving after what happened to sabo ans chieftain, just sad lol.
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
Terrible decision.. but it's all in favour of the phrase "poe is a game to be played forever"

On one hand from a business standout is smart but for the normal player one is terrible.

This benefit mostly streamers, neets and retired people. Having almost no downtime between leagues by playing both games Tggg is making sure players are staying playing their versions of the game and not go elsewhere.
"Parade your victories, hide your defeats. Mortals are so insecure."

Once you break the cycle of fear no angels or demons can whisper you their sweet nothing words.

Retired since crucible.(Not a free tester anymore for a multi billion dollar company).
Games with tiny playerbases still live on, whether you're talking about very old MMOs of yore to fan projects run by one guy and played by three more. Don't know what's the obsession with asserting that PoE 1 will utterly shut down in 2 years or so. If you define shutting down as being shoved to the backburner with old leagues cycling like Diablo 3, sure.

And as long as they KTLO on both, they'll forever have the excuse to tell those dang dirty zoomers to screw off to 1 and leave the "real" PoE players to dictate 2. Kind of funny this will be the outcome when right now PoE is considered the ARPG for turbo-nerds.
witch enthusiast, send occ/ele/necro builds

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info