This absolutely will divide the playerbase and not in a good way...

"
brunowa wrote:
Why would it divide player base?

Stash is shared across both... So effectively it's just one massive game with 2 separate areas. With a shared stash you can seamlessly trade between both poe1 and 2 and farm what you want.

Rather than looking at "your money being shared" you're missing the whole picture here. They are trying to keep people atention only on their visions of the game arpg wise. They can do this and already been doing it with FOMO over the years. It will work and already work since standard will be always a thing and people that keep playing the league from day 1 to week 2-3 will probably play on 4.0 now.

The key part is to capitalize on fomo when you have two products. Unless they somehow decide to not make 4.0 challenge rewards different from 3.X but I think they will.. after all they want people to play 4.0. Sure the new content and stuff is what you would expect from a new expansion but some people just play the league just to not miss out on the challenge rewards.
"Parade your victories, hide your defeats. Mortals are so insecure."

Once you break the cycle of fear no angels or demons can whisper you their sweet nothing words.

Retired since crucible.(Not a free tester anymore for a multi billion dollar company).
Last edited by Xystre on Jul 29, 2023, 5:02:19 AM
It will be extremely funny to me if PoE2 will have less players than PoE after the initial wave of hype
I will not be playing PoE 2. Forced ruthless is not good
MF Academy Discord Server: https://discord.gg/mfacademy
Farming Strategy Guide: https://tinyurl.com/2c5u7za8
"
Nevzat wrote:
POE2 looks great, but I have to be honest, POE1 will be king still using this model.

It will also be quite annoying having to keep up with the complexity of two games in the POE universe. You can already tell by the after show reaction that streamers are a bit baffled by the news.

GGG as a result will naturally favour one product, (which sounds like it will be POE2) but a huge portion of the player base will prefer POE1.

It's a bit of a shame that POE1 won't be getting some of the upgrades that will be in POE2. I just hope they start now moving some of the better graphics over and mechanics over to POE1 that are improvements rather than keeping it dated to slowly kill it off. I was looking forward to the graphic and mechanic upgrades to POE1 which it seems like we will no longer be getting.

They just gave you a new render for poe1 from poe2.

How are people not paying attention?
"
Nevzat wrote:
Well unfortunately listening to the lead dev of POE2, he didn't even know about features that came in the last year to POE1 he said he has no idea what is happening on POE1.

And that is because 100% of his focus is on the game (now seperate) he is developing, not what PoE1 is doing or PoE mobile.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"
Nevzat wrote:
POE2 looks great, but I have to be honest, POE1 will be king still using this model.

It will also be quite annoying having to keep up with the complexity of two games in the POE universe. You can already tell by the after show reaction that streamers are a bit baffled by the news.

GGG as a result will naturally favour one product, (which sounds like it will be POE2) but a huge portion of the player base will prefer POE1.

It's a bit of a shame that POE1 won't be getting some of the upgrades that will be in POE2. I just hope they start now moving some of the better graphics over and mechanics over to POE1 that are improvements rather than keeping it dated to slowly kill it off. I was looking forward to the graphic and mechanic upgrades to POE1 which it seems like we will no longer be getting.

I'll play both.

Now usually when I am done with trade league - I usually just do some small project on SSF. Instead I will hop between PoE1 and PoE2
"
Nevzat wrote:

I'll play both.

Now usually when I am done with trade league - I usually just do some small project on SSF. Instead I will hop between PoE1 and PoE2
Divide the player base? Hell, the ExileCon is dividing me!

There's so much positives, but there's also a lot of fall pits.

When it comes to PoE 1 versus PoE 2, I think it goes without saying that PoE 1 won't exist 'forever'. It will probably exist and be supported until PoE 2 really gets its bearing - and that might take some time, especially the difficulty. Sure, the ExileCon footage is probably janked up to 11 for some odd reason, so we'll see.

I also found it very strange how Jonathan and Mark were using every chance they had to make fun of certain mechanics and physics in PoE 1, when it's going to remain as an option going forward.

What's unclear to me, though: As I haven't seen all videos yet; has anyone talked about if PoE 1 will benefit from the new rigs and engine updates from PoE 2?

When it comes to gameplay, it's hard to know from a few videos. It's all about the feel. But my first impression? Too much focus on combos, especially in the keynote. I understand they have to show it. But as some people call PoE 1 "stressful" these days, having to keep a constant focus on combos the entire time will probably be more stressful in my mind. So it all boils down to how much you "have to".
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Last edited by Phrazz on Jul 29, 2023, 6:05:25 AM
"
I also found it very strange how Jonathan and Mark were using every chance they had to make fun of certain mechanics and physics in PoE 1, when it's going to remain as an option going forward.

Yeah, this is what I didn't like.

They kept referring to POE1 and saying what was not good about it... well um, you work for GGG why not just fix that stuff? A split dev team and all their talent on POE2 means POE1 is just going to be left in the dust over time.

Throwing shade on your own product, that you designed... and not doing anything to fix it striked me as odd. They also said they didn't even know what's been going on in POE1 since they are completely separated and aren't kept up to date.

Awful
I really hope GGG assign some talent on POE1 to make upgrades there

Last edited by Nevzat on Jul 29, 2023, 6:54:42 AM
POE1 not getting the character animations from POE2 is the real killer for me.

Tbh I'm just not sold on it overall. POE1 isn't a bad game but graphically compared to other ARPGs isn't great. Especially with character models.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info