This absolutely will divide the playerbase and not in a good way...

replying too op

the playerbase is already divide from a long long time ago

1- you have the group of player that like to 1 shot the game content and spamming teleport

2- you have the group of player that like a bit more slower paced with a more engaging and challenging gameplay

i guess you are more the type of player from group 1 and me group 2

the good news now ggg have both style of game
play my first rpg on the intellivision :)
Chris Wilson"I want to make sure that melee classes are as good as they can be"
Last edited by charley222 on Jul 29, 2023, 6:56:36 PM
"
charley222 wrote:
replying too op

Not like that. OP is talking about actually spliting the playerbase. To me it really feels like they're not confident on the changes they're making.
It won't, calling it now -

"We're sorry, we will listen to your feedback in the future"-devstream 2025
"
bauermayers wrote:
"
charley222 wrote:
replying too op

Not like that. OP is talking about actually spliting the playerbase. To me it really feels like they're not confident on the changes they're making.

oh your right my miss understand but still op like more poe1 gameplay a bit 110% what i`m saying

is easy to understand why . poe 1 have is limitation that 110% why the team making poe 2 , i`m sure poe1 will have some update content but you also need to understand is a old game with is limitation . is a harder too update too modern standard and take more time and time is $$$
Last edited by charley222 on Jul 29, 2023, 7:33:46 PM
"
charley222 wrote:
"
bauermayers wrote:
"
charley222 wrote:
replying too op

oh your right my miss understand but still op like more poe1 gameplay a bit 110% what i`m saying

is easy to understand why . poe 1 have is limitation that 110% why the team making poe 2 , i`m sure poe1 will have some update content but you also need to understand is a old game with is limitation . is a harder too update too modern standard and take more time

They've already updated it to modern standards before... they've just been neglecting it recently to focus on their POEABLO 4. They saw the reception of D4 during beta where everyone was gushing and thought that people love that slow style of gameplay, but it turns out people get bored of it quick. They like to zoom. It's why POE is so successful and has been. D4 is getting slaughtered atm, people are leaving it in droves, and are done with it.

I don't play ARPGS to play a dark souls light, I want to feel powerful and one shot things that once gave me trouble. Even the devs said it will never be zoomy because they want bosses to always provide a challenge.

They just have adopted a D4 mentality for POE2 unfortunately. Quite frankly, it looks cumbersome and slow and the more i'm watching streamers play it, the more i dislike it. Novelty has now worn off. It doesn't feel POE to me.

Imagine starting a new league in POE2 and having these awful struggles during the campaign also.

There is a time and place to show off animations, and everyone defending GGG and saying "BuT tHeY hAvE bAd LoOt" are deluded. GGG are well aware what makes gameplay looks good and what gets people hyped. A ruthless mode is their vision, and this is clear from what we are witnessing.

The streamers are NOT enjoying the slow pace. This is just the devs egos getting in the way to show off their illumination, their animations, their skill designs... all about the graphics which people are really not that interested in.
Last edited by Nevzat on Jul 29, 2023, 7:38:40 PM
"
Nevzat wrote:

They've already updated it to modern standards before... they've just been neglecting it recently to focus on their POEABLO 4. They saw the reception of D4 during beta where everyone was gushing and thought that people love that slow style of gameplay

Yeah they based 6 years of work on PoE2 off of a 1 month beta for D4. Yep.
"

I don't play ARPGS to play a dark souls light, I want to feel powerful and one shot things that once gave me trouble. Even the devs said it will never be zoomy because they want bosses to always provide a challenge.

first in my opinion what become poe 1 over the year is not a arpg anymore

is more a spam sci-fi shooter game that have nothing to do with a fantasy arpg
because the dev lost control of the game balance and the game become a power creep game

where player spam moving skill and 1 shot the map

poe1 never play like this on release

a lot of player drop poe1 because these issue my self include

and buying diablo 4 ,

knowing already before buying the game blizzard is garbage

just to have a game where you dont 1 shot the hole map and spam teleport

and having a more engaging combat and gameplay

yep blizzard sell 600 to 700 million copie of this half bake souless game
because player asking for this feature .

rolling dashing are in many mmo-arpg these day black desert Lost Ark d4 ect... nothing wrong there vs 1 shot a hole map or a boss

sure for steamer is less spectacular for viewer $$$ at the start but they will adjust i`m not worry , ok have a nice day just my opinion not everyone like the same game ,personally i`m very hype too the sky for poe 2 the real successor of diablo 2

Last edited by charley222 on Jul 29, 2023, 8:21:16 PM
From what I've seen, I have zero interest in PoE 2 now.

I had maximum frothing out the mouth fiend levels of hype 48 hours ago.

My hype and excitement is completely gone now. Don't even think I will watch the last day of Exilecon.

I just don't care anymore....

Refilling flasks in town... I ... I fucking can't.

I literally cannot with this out of season april fools joke of a game.
~ Seph
I do not mind the slower playstyle but that just does not look like fun at all right now. Graphics look nice but I have not cared about graphics in a game since I was 17. Maybe they just screwed up and are showing off underpowered characters against overpowered enemies, but wtf why, not like they have not been preparing for this for like 3 years. I have to say this too because its true , I don't even really like the new art style of the items.
the enemy balance etc is potentially very far from what we will play on release. they said in one of the talks they havent even designed the mods for monsters in poe2 yet, what people are fighting in this demo is just the poe1 monster mods ported over and stuffed in minus the ones that didnt graphically look good for the demo.

so theres a whole process where they sit down, look at the current mods, design new ones, work out whats awful, what should be stronger, weaker, thrown in the bin, added then play test them against real builds at level stages to tune their power over time... all that has still to be done. the builds are in act4 and they are using blue items with 1 stat, white items. you cant even open the skill tree cause its not actually a build they want you to see? i dont even know if its a build thats even drawing its stats from a skill tree it might just be numbers typed in?

the game is a year away from closed beta, its probably 18 months to 2 years away from release. this is just a demo to show off skills, environments, concepts, its so far from "this is the game this is exactly how it plays in terms of numbers back and forth when you have an efficient developed character."

so we should take it with a pinch of salt. and yeah i agree it looks kind of tediously hard in points right? if its still like that when we have good builds in the beta we need to have a word with them, cause they have a habit of over tuning new stuff, the amount of leagues they have released and everyone day 1 is in the feedback saying these new mobs are 1 shotting us jesus christ nerf them already.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info