Diablo Immortal is POE killer

"
"
Junkkis wrote:
DI, u can play game totally free and have fun as long u ingore leaderboards.

PoE, u need buy stash tabs 60-200€ to have some what decent inventory managment, download loot filter, check diffrend wepsites to see info how and what certain event reward, only meta builds are playable in end game so u never can make own build, currently only 3 meta build league (melee?:/)

as long u have fun ingore every think else.

It's ironic that you bring up inventory space and stash tabs as a negative for POE, yet don't mention that DI also has horrible inventory space, but allows you to buy *temporary* (30 days) expanded inventory space as part of their version of a battle pass (Boon of Plenty) for the approximately the cost of 2 *permanent* POE premium stash tabs.

It's actually hard to express how utterly insidious the hyper-monetization of DI is, and comparing it to POE monetization only highlights how lightly GGG has been treading here.

Wow. The more I read about DI monetization, the more I'm glad I've not tried it yet. Temporary increased storage would really feel bad.
"
Chavolatra wrote:
No 1% game balance, path of streamers.
Melee is really good, no path of harry potter.
Fps and visual clarity is good too.
No streamer privileges equals queue or script for drop more exalteds for them.
RIP Poe.

OK two things.

For certain extent you point out correct things. However it's not something to do with Diablo vs POE. it is just basically true for all anew ARPG that doesn't have power creep and content bloat problem. POE is not a bad game but it does have severe problems in its current state. No one can deny it.

However, it shows even more problems for us going forward. Diablo immortal just kills diablo 4 straight up. Now people's only hope is POE 2 and guess what? People might jump into POE even more than before. This is just bad for us going forward because now GGG can even push more beta testing to us and the game can only go downhill as far as I can tell because player count won't go down as much.
"
Chavolatra wrote:
RIP Poe.
-Official Forum Dweller-
-I started the hoho movement-
-Exploit Early - Exploit Often-
-Moderators are absurd and OP-
-Heist Enjoyer-
One thing that DI does really well that POE will really need to fix soon is the ease of "plug 'n play" gaming. What I mean by that is if I want to start playing DI, it's easy, I just get straight into it.

For the last 3-4 days I've been wanting to go back to POE, but I have 60 exalts worth of stash tabs to sell which would take me hours of trading, then hours of buying the mats for my new gear and setting up the maps, that I just don't even have the will.

Chris Wilson apparently saying that if they made trade more easy people would quit early probably has to be bull, and if they don't start taking care of that soon, I think it's just a matter of time until they get crushed.

I mean, realistically, league retention seems pretty bad in this game, with a massive drop off after week 1/2 of the first week of the league.

Would making trading easier really make that worse? I doubt it. Why people quit this game early is due to the massive progression walls that need to be broken through that feel daunting. Even for experienced players like me.

Also, FYI - DI, despite potentially massive monetization flaw, is actually a very fun game at the moment, and for now, I keep getting back to it instead of launching POE.
"
colossalaiur wrote:
"
Chavolatra wrote:
RIP Poe.

OK two things.

For certain extent you point out correct things. However it's not something to do with Diablo vs POE. it is just basically true for all anew ARPG that doesn't have power creep and content bloat problem. POE is not a bad game but it does have severe problems in its current state. No one can deny it.

However, it shows even more problems for us going forward. Diablo immortal just kills diablo 4 straight up. Now people's only hope is POE 2 and guess what? People might jump into POE even more than before. This is just bad for us going forward because now GGG can even push more beta testing to us and the game can only go downhill as far as I can tell because player count won't go down as much.

I don't think so. If something, DI makes people want D4 even more, as long as they correct the flaws that they perceive DI has, and IMO we have a potential real contender for competition for GGG here.

I didn't want to get into DI, thinking it was mobile only and stuff, and not being a big fan of P2W, but when I learned there was a PC client and seeing people play on stream and the game looked fun, I still got into it, and I have a hard time launching POE right now due to the reasons in my post above.

IMO, there are some flaws about POE that the devs will finally need to open their eyes on and fix or it's just a matter until they start getting crushed.

One of them might be trading IMO.

Also, just so we're clear on DI P2W, right now the person on Twitch claiming to be #1 ranked monk in both PVE and PVP claims to be 100% F2P.

I think I saw the #1 Demon Hunter and #1 Crusaders also claiming to have the best item on their server as well being basically F2P or not having spent more than $40 on the game.

When people are saying DI is P2W - I think what it is is that you CAN P2W, but it doesn't appear that you HAVE to at the moment. Although I could be wrong, or that could change and that's also the same in POE through the use of RMT, although against the terms of services, people do seem to still do it.

Something that you can't actually do in POE since you will never be #1 here without buying at least a few stash tabs (although I believe this is perfectly fine and reasonable and wouldn't actually categorize this as a flaw).

I think it's fair to have to at least pay $50 to play a game long-term to support the devs.

Last edited by DeepAlchemist on Jun 5, 2022, 4:22:54 PM
I’ll never play DI or support Blizz again for destroying the D franchise (especially during the D3 years they made an effort to snuff out the franchise at their Blizzcons), disrespecting long time fans, and prioritizing monetization over tradition and fans. I never expected Blizz to stoop as low like the scum bags at Electronic Arts. What a massive tragedy for this once beloved company. Way to go Bobby Kotick you pos.
"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023
Last edited by DreadLordAvatar on Jun 5, 2022, 12:44:07 PM
"
DeepAlchemist wrote:

When people are saying DI is P2W - I think what it is is that you CAN P2W, but it doesn't appear that you HAVE to at the moment. Although I could be wrong, or that could change and that's also the same in POE through the use of RMT, although against the terms of services, people do seem to still do it.

“You can” vs “don’t have to” is completely irrelevant because bottom line, it is p2w.
"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023
since mods are being a bit... "judgemental" (is this okay?)

some of you are naive at this point.. you're not pretending anymore.
"Parade your victories, hide your defeats. Mortals are so insecure."

Once you break the cycle of fear no angels or demons can whisper you their sweet nothing words.

Retired since crucible.(Not a free tester anymore for a multi billion dollar company).
Imagine if GGG in 3.19 said "fuck it, now free players can only drop small currency, vendor-trash uniques and rares with max T4 mods. If you want good loot, pay us 25$ PER MAP"

Thats what DI is.
"
Aynix wrote:
Imagine if GGG in 3.19 said "fuck it, now free players can only drop small currency, vendor-trash uniques and rares with max T4 mods. If you want good loot, pay us 25$ PER MAP"

Thats what DI is.

More like "pay us 100 Dollars, and you have to login daily and do at least one map. Otherwise your 100$ are gone".

I mean.... does EVERY mobile game have to do this s***?
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info