Diablo Immortal is POE killer

'Broad rather than complicated' works for me. :)

This game's delay in China is a much bigger deal than some folks here seem to realise.

And deeply, deeply ironic. They release the game in a region that was geared up to slam it, and fail to release it to a market that was primed to make it super fucking profitable.

And I really do hope this doesn't impact D4's development too much. There's no doubt that DI cost a fucktonne to make and that they were banking on the Chinese market to shore it all up, so really the only positive outlook here is that somehow D4 had its own budget...

I am unable to fully believe that right now.
https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.
Not sure if people still check DI info but appearently the ~120k$ that people claimed you need to max out ur character was just a start. There is extra mechanic on top of that, and to actually max out your character you need to spend between 500k$ and 700k$ (depends of your luck).
Quick reminder: This is seasonal game which means EVERYTHING will be gone in 6 months and you start over.
The people that are spreading the $500k+ number around just made it up to get clicks on videos unfortunately. Can't blame them because it's free money from viewers. The $120k estimate already took into account the "gems in your gems" socketing system. Total character cost would be $90-150k USD depending on if the gems you plan on wearing are the more expensive ones or just average. Blizzard can "double it" in the future if they change how the socketing works.

Blizz is actively banning "spooners" now but the library and pirate ship are still full of people scripting 24/7. Pretty funny. Blizzard hasn't posted patch notes for anything but they supposedly ninja patched it so that items disappear after 10 minutes on the ground. Uniques and gems no longer get mailed to you unless you change zones or pick the item up in that period of time.

The game itself is pretty much dead. Most people/groups are in Hell 2, and a Combat Rating of 2,120 is needed for no penalty on Hell 3. I would estimate a hardcore F2P player around paragon 65 right now has a CR of ~1,750 if they've upgraded everything. You only get around 20 CR PER WEEK of power from in-game upgrades not related to stats on gear.

The value of stats on gear is something like 18 CR per paragon level across all 12 gear slots. To make up a deficit of 370 to reach the next tier a F2P HARDCORE GRINDER right now will have to break all of their set items and REFARM every single piece of gear they're wearing at paragon 86. Oh and when you do get to Hell 3? There's no additional content. You don't get a full set bonus until Hell 4 (CR 3,250.)

Blizz sent a survey yesterday to all players that was just a "ready check" to see how many real players were in the game. If you clicked the survey the only question was what region you were from and the survey ended. If you waited until today to answer the survey it already expired. The game is so silly that I can't take my eyes off it.

The first additional piece of content is being added to DI today/tomorrow. The 2nd "raid boss" unlocks. It's anyone's guess as to what the minimum CR will be to fight the boss.
Unless they changed name of the mechanic, its diffrent thing. Previosuly people were talking about "resonance system" now they are talking about "awakening".
me when i lie
Sorry I do not play phone games, maybe try posting in the candy crush forums?
The new Battle Pass for Diablo Immortal came out. Blizzard said that they were focusing on improving this Battle Pass which is why there has been no content added to the game thus far. So what was the big reveal in the new and improved BP?

You could probably guess. Nothing! It's identical to the first BP lol. Same rewards at every level. The new copium is that a big content expansion will happen in a few weeks once Blizzard gets their China problems sorted out. I wonder how much $$$ they'll have to "donate" to make up for that one intern's Twitter post.
"
DiabloImmoral wrote:
The new Battle Pass for Diablo Immortal came out. Blizzard said that they were focusing on improving this Battle Pass which is why there has been no content added to the game thus far. So what was the big reveal in the new and improved BP?

You could probably guess. Nothing! It's identical to the first BP lol. Same rewards at every level. The new copium is that a big content expansion will happen in a few weeks once Blizzard gets their China problems sorted out. I wonder how much $$$ they'll have to "donate" to make up for that one intern's Twitter post.

Hmm I wonder if Blizzard can buy their way out of this problem. Other companies that made the same mistake were shut out of the market. I wonder if Blizzard can press charges on the employee who blew up their launch. It is a very big financial mistake.

Some redditors are speculating that Blizzard will drop support for Diablo Immortal. The copy paste Battle Pass is a step in that direction.
8 mod maps are the new alch and go.
I suspect they were planning on leaving support of DI to NetEase anyway. This isn't really Blizzard's wheelhouse. An interesting reversal to what we've seen with PoE and Tencent: in that case, the Chinese investor overlord has decided to let the Western dev its thing, ask for a few changes to the domestic version and collect the dividends. In the case of DI, it seems Blizzard were content to let NetEase develop the game for the domestic market with minimal input, at least until it became clear that NetEase had no clue how to make the game 'worthy' of being a Blizzard game, rather than the knock-offs they've been making all this time. Hence the very long 'polish' period between when DI was reported as 'done' from NetEase's end and, well, now.

DI was supposed to be a easy cash-cow for Blizzard in a market they generally avoid, but they got greedy and tried to push it onto their own market as well. And they should have known that 'out of season's april fools joke' was their indication that maybe that's a bad idea.

Is it making money? Sure, a little. But it'd be making a LOT more had it quietly released in China where NOTHING about its financial model would have raised eyebrows, without gaining such a vile reputation in the West first.

https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.
"

Is it making money? Sure, a little.

But it'd be making a LOT more

51 million in its first month. Would you use "a lot more" on a financial report without an estimate of "more"?

Have you thought of the demand of a product that was deemed illegal by big gov? Telling someone they cant have something is the biggest way to make them to crave it. Blizzards release of immortal in china will be filled with appeasement to the culture that appeases their bottom line.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info