Diablo Immortal is POE killer

It made me pretty salty in general tbh because from the second they announced it I knew it would keep them afloat while making awful decisions for another 2-3 years.

Best case scenario is it doesn't infect their other products but its pretty rare for products like this to get ringfenced, especially once they see the dollar signs.

Its the ultimate cash in, the pump and dump of your game brand.
"
esostaks wrote:
Thanks for the post. I didn't even know it's coming to PC and that the launch is today. I don't really believe it will be a solid game and am pretty sure it will be a cashgrab with p2w elements, but since this League is meh anyways I'll give it a short try without any major expectations.

its a beta launch for pc, locked to 720p with no resolution options, and they spent so much time on the pc version that the startup screen says "tap to start"

you can tell they are low efforting the pc port right off the get go
you know this game is monetised dog shit when metacritic won't even publish user reviews and blizzard wont even host a discussion forum for it.
"

its a beta launch for pc, locked to 720p with no resolution options, and they spent so much time on the pc version that the startup screen says "tap to start"

you can tell they are low efforting the pc port right off the get go

Yeah, I changed my mind. While it was downloading I read/watched some reviews on the p2w aspect, and after that instantly clicked the 'uninstall' button.

Best thing you could do for the squad is to die m8 im sorry
https://youtu.be/4diJdYgBpww

ouch
youll never be able to get a 5 star legendary gem without paying real money for legendary crests just for the chance. best youll be able to get without them is 2 star gems.

you can use rare crests for a 10% chance of a 1 star gem, or 2.5% for a 2 star gem

so yeah, your gear is going to be gutter trash unless you RMT.

also

Each person can use three Crests per Rift, but you can party with up to four other people, and the party using at least 10 Legendary Crests on one run will also Empower the Rift, greatly increasing the rewards.

so basically to run one empowered rift, its gonna cost $24.99 USD. would be cheaper if you split the cost with 3 of your friends, who also don't mind being milked on some pay2win trash.
Last edited by idrankyourbeer on Jun 3, 2022, 4:49:57 PM
I thought I had seen pay to win.....boy, was I wrong. This shit is a master class in how to abuse capitalism.

well diablo immortal ain't gonna be no poe killer over in belgium and the netherlands. theyre banned from even playing the game because of illegal predatory monetization and gambling practices.

theyre not necessarilly completely blocked out. they gotta use nordvpn on mobile and jump through a bunch of hoops just to get it to work. but then theres always the chance that the dutch government tries to block nord vpn like they have with many smaller vpns as well

https://www.reviewsfire.com/vpn/how-to-play-diablo-immortal-in-the-netherlands/
Last edited by idrankyourbeer on Jun 3, 2022, 5:05:58 PM
Congratulations: you're not the target audience for D:I's endgame grind p2w loop, and you realise it. Pats on the back all round.

Don't even pretend it's not going to make Blizzard serious bank regardless. Even in China alone, where this sort of thing is par for the course for FAR shittier clones of the genre.

Exiles sure are addicted to going out of their way to remind the world how superior they are to other gamers. The silent part out loud: you're still here posting about a different game that is apparently so far beneath you instead of playing the game that's supposedly so much better.

Gee.

And as I said, somehow it's still in General Discussion rather than Off-Topic, because I'm sure this works in GGG's favour as well.

Will Exiles ever tire of working for GGG for free?

https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info