Diablo Immortal is POE killer

[/quote]

RMT - illegal and nothing to do with GGG. MTX - your own optional choice that has no impact on gameplay or game power. I've been gaming for more than 20 years, and never bought a single cosmetic item in any video game in my life.

Also Path of Exile never ever threw a pop-up in my face to buy something from them and interrupting my game flow like other 'f2p' games do - I think people are already complaining about this in Diablo Immortal.

So in my book the difference between monetization models is huge.

Also about RMT - I don't know much about Diablo Immortal trading system, but if trade will be relevant, the game will also be absolutely flooded with bots. How do I know? Because last time I check World of Warcraft was flooded with gold sellers.

In other words Path of Exile's monetization models is one of the most ethical I've seen in a f2p game. [/quote]

Answer me this then

When league starts when you go to said RMT sites they can provide WHATEVER amount of exalts even on DAY 1 of new league

Where they get all this ex on 1st day ? Hmmmmmmmm 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔😢
Your strength is the law !!

MadG poe on youtube for mellee content
"
zakalwe55 wrote:

RMT is criminally illegal? It might be against GGG policy but are people criminally charged with RMT? Well, a lot of third party sites have "officially" nothing to do with GGG but they do a lot of heavy lifting.

The mtx part of loot boxes is not bad. The gambling part is. Gambling can be addictive. GGG has made tens of millions off of gambling loot boxes. I heard about a third of revenue comes from those boxes. So you not spending money on them is irrelevant. Others have spent plenty on them. Stash tabs are only 1 section of the POE store. If GGG could only raise money from stash tabs they would be screwed.

I haven't really noticed pop-ups in Diablo Immortal. You want pop-ups try Call of Duty: Mobile. There are always like 3 to 5 full screen pop-ups before you can even get to character screen.

I think I've seen currency sellers in POE global chat as well. I usually keep global turned off now. There are bots involved in POE trading as well.

POE's monetization model is one of the most ethical in a FTP game? Yeah, it is probably less scummy.

As you said yourself RMT is not condoned by GGG. It is against game's rules, and gets punished if caught. The other issue is that they can't deal with RMT effectively, but neither can other games like Lost Ark or World of Warcraft, because there probably is no effective ways to deal with it to not harm the game/players. Or maybe it just requires so much investment/resources that it's not worth it - I don't know. But you almost make it sound like GGG profits from RMT somehow which would be pretty ludicrous to be honest.

I agree about lootboxes leading to gambling addiction, but it's still a grey area and many countries still allow lootboxes, so GGG only plays by the same rules as everyone else. I know almost no online games without lootboxes with random loot.

Still GGG's monetization is one of the most ethical in comparison to other f2p games. If Blizzard owned this game I bet that you could buy currency with real cash officially and would need to pay for every small QOL improvement like tab affinity, but GGG didn't milk that cow, and instead decided to make their profit mostly from completely optional cosmetics.

Video games are not charities, even f2p games. But if I have to choose between a game that makes money mostly from optional cosmetics and a game that sells in-game currency, currencies that helps you become stronger/progress faster, EXP and power boosters I know which game I'll choose.
"
eldest-bike4 wrote:

Answer me this then

When league starts when you go to said RMT sites they can provide WHATEVER amount of exalts even on DAY 1 of new league

Bots. Tons of bots. And they are not unlimited thats why they cost so much at the start.

Also who said that you will get what you paid for?
"
eldest-bike4 wrote:

Answer me this then

I don't ever know if that's true because I've never used RMT services. Have you? 🤔🤔🤔🤔 Have you an actual proof that they can provide let's say 500 ex on the very same day when the order is made?

But the possible answer could be - bots and a focused effort of involved group of people. Just look how Empyrean is printing mirrors with his squad. Because they know the most effective ways to farm currency. Now imagine 10 such squads which is only a small number of players considering the game has several tens of thousands of players.

But until you have a proof of direct GGG involvement it sounds as true as the flat-earth theory.
Lol the pay to win in diablo immortal is even worse than EA and Ubisoft combined, it truly is the prime evil.

We can only pray that PoE never adopts those kind of microtransactions. The current ones are bad enough as is. Sadly I think it is unavoidable when their owners eventually demand more profit. I truely fear we might see them slowly ease into it as PoE2 launches. We already have lootboxes(luckily just skill-mtx and other fluff). Kirac's pass is dipping another toe into it. Suddenly our game play is measured to "earn" the right to wear a certain paid for-mtx. Sure, we have had challenges that give mtx before but never paid ones. Testing the waters like that will be the norm until the players feel more confortable with it and from that point it is easier to take the next step.

Blizzard however just went full ham on it including p2w and all the other tricks in the book. Sadly, while I think a lot of players will rebel against them, they will earn so much money on it that they don't care.
Last edited by arknath on Jun 3, 2022, 11:45:42 AM
"
arknath wrote:
We can only pray that PoE never adopts those kind of microtransactions. The current ones are bad enough as is. Sadly I think it is unavoidable when their owners eventually demand more profit. I truely fear we might see them slowly ease into it as PoE2 launches. We already have lootboxes(luckily just skill-mtx and other fluff). Kirac's pass is dipping another toe into it. Suddenly our game play is measured to "earn" the right to wear a certain paid for-mtx. Sure, we have had challenges that give mtx before but never paid ones. Testing the waters like that will be the norm until the players feel more confortable with it and from that point it is easier to take the next step.

[...]

Diablo immortal was more than likely meant to be P2W from the first day of development, it was initially a mobile game only aimed at surfing on obscene amount of cash the mobile game market can generate (and to milk Diablo's fanbase intentionally or not). It wasn't meant to be anything else. The only reason this pos was ported on PC was because of the underwhelming reaction when they announced the game during the blizzcon.

GGG isn't the salvation army, they and their employees don't work for free. I don't mind spending $10~20 a month to buy cosmetics and whatnot, just like I'd pay for a monthly subscription if I was playing a subscription based MMO. It's cosmetics and I'm fine with that, there's even a lootbox with random MTX for the people who like to gamble. I just hope they don't pull a blizzard p2w bs too, but that doesn't seem to be their philosophy. Time will tell I guess.
Last edited by Silverpelt on Jun 4, 2022, 3:00:39 PM
Everyone knew its gonna be P2W, its mobile game. But when people expected "oh you will prolly need to spend like 1-2k$ to max ur char" they got "spend 50-100k$"

I've never heard of any game, ever, that had such ridiculus "prices".
POE killer? Doubtful. It's monetization system is complete trash and it's way to heavily gated and reliant on them. I'm pretty sure a week or two in even casual players paying nothing will start noticing the absurdity of it.

That being said I find it pretty sad that a ridiculous cash grab of a game like it can have a more enjoyable leveling/combat system than POE post 3.18. For something that Chris Wilson doesn't even consider a real game to at least in my opinion provide a more enjoyable experience makes GGG look pretty darn pathetic.
thing with immortal is that its just not blizzard willing to smear shit all over the face of their diablo franchise by lending its name to some rip off garbage 3rd party mobile game mostly aimed at a non western audience.

they literally promoted this thing as one of their big titles at blizcons, they championed it and pushed it to the existing diablo fan base as the next evolution in the diablo franchise from blizzard with love XXX you all have mobiles right? this game is for you and we expect you as the diablo fanbase to be very excited for this game and to be all in on launch.

this wasnt some darth vader ice cream you found being sold in a supermarket in taiwan that got some vague license from disney. this is the new film in the cinema episode 10 with the full media marketing campaign. and its an abomination of p2w bullshittery on a scale i have personally never seen in a game.

what does this mean for d4? this isnt just a mobile game, its not some angry birds thing blizzard had a hand in on the side out of sight. this is them pushing this as a front stage premium blizzard title. if even a grain of the p2w crap in this game makes it into d4 im probably not buying that game. and i was as hyped for d4 as i was poe2 before this.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info