Diablo Immortal is POE killer

maybe he's paid by Blizzard to put that much money and that helps people watching the stream to do the same.
All that money for a D3 clone on smartphone lol
"
Lyutsifer665 wrote:

damn. is he that rich? i mean even if i was rich i still wouldnt spent that much on a video game. each to their on i guess.

https://getonstream.com/how-much-does-quin69-make-net-worth/

3 million give or take. Not bad. Pulling in 85k a month, so yeah, 10k+ on 'work expenses' (which you can absolutely guarantee this 'spending' is listed as legally, hello tax perks) is pissfuckall.

"
moumout wrote:
maybe he's paid by Blizzard to put that much money and that helps people watching the stream to do the same.
All that money for a D3 clone on smartphone lol

Unless a streamer declares it as 'sponsored' you have to assume that no, this isn't something the company is directly paying for. A successful streamer pulling a fucktonne of gacha, be it Fate/Go, Umamusume, Genshin or Diablo Immortal, is just another high-end stunt in a career made of high-end stunts.

https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Jun 8, 2022, 6:22:50 PM
"
"
Lyutsifer665 wrote:

damn. is he that rich? i mean even if i was rich i still wouldnt spent that much on a video game. each to their on i guess.

3 million give or take. Not bad. Pulling in 85k a month, so yeah, 10k+ on 'work expenses' (which you can absolutely guarantee this 'spending' is listed as legally, hello tax perks) is pissfuckall.

i didnt realize he was that rich. i guess DI was made for people like him.
"
Lyutsifer665 wrote:
"
"
Lyutsifer665 wrote:

i didnt realize he was that rich. i guess DI was made for people like him.

Nah, it was made for China. This is pretty much a confirmed fact.

People like him are just profiting from the shock of it.

I'm worth close to that much and I have exactly ZERO intention of even buying DI's battle pass. This isn't about how much a person is worth; it's about the hungry streamers exploiting their thirsty viewership. It's about Blizzard exploiting a certain mindset that they themselves created; for decades, ARPG fans have been only pretending to gamble via Diablo and its derivatives. The Western market and ARPG fans alike are completely unprepared for what Blizzard are doing.

For we Japanese gacha game players, this scam couldn't be more obvious. It just couldn't. Years of ignoring pull rate boost banners, saving up freebies to roll for an upcoming 5* release and maximising what money I DO put in to go for the waifus I really want has basically immunised me to whatever the fuck bullshit Diablo Immortal is trying to pull off.
https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.
I tried looking for more information on gem resonance but the information was from the beta where people had only resonated 1-star gems. Dunno if they all need to be different gems or the same as the ones socketed. If you can just throw in any rank 10 gem in the 30 slots for the maximum bonus it wouldn't cost much extra at all. If the maximum benefit requires 30x rank 10 5/5 5-star gems then you go from $30,000 to $180,000 required to max out your character on average. Ouch.

If I was Quin and I just wanted money I'd try to get a sponsorship and become a gambling streamer. It's a gambling gold rush right now on Twitch and he'd probably multiply his income by 10 - at the cost of encouraging kids to gamble on slot machines lol.
"
DiabloImmoral wrote:
I tried looking for more information on gem resonance but the information was from the beta where people had only resonated 1-star gems. Dunno if they all need to be different gems or the same as the ones socketed. If you can just throw in any rank 10 gem in the 30 slots for the maximum bonus it wouldn't cost much extra at all. If the maximum benefit requires 30x rank 10 5/5 5-star gems then you go from $30,000 to $180,000 required to max out your character on average. Ouch.

If I was Quin and I just wanted money I'd try to get a sponsorship and become a gambling streamer. It's a gambling gold rush right now on Twitch and he'd probably multiply his income by 10 - at the cost of encouraging kids to gamble on slot machines lol.

Not too long from now, the notion of a streamer gambling essentially with an all ages audience should be as weirdly antiquated as cigarette ads are to anyone under 40. Sooner or later they will get too big and someone who Thinks Of The Children will shut it down. And yeah, I am old enough with enough friends with kids to think that's probably a good idea.

I wrote another book. It's better than the first one, and those who liked the first so far agree. Can't really ask for much more than that.
"
DiabloImmoral wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4diJdYgBpww
"

While not sure if it was specifically made for China, because I know near to nothing about the people there, I find it strange that I have read or heard in several articles/ videos that DI is targetting "whales". While this might be true, depending on how you define whale, from what I saw it rather targets people with a lack of control over their finances.
There are so many ways to spend a little here, a little there and, oh, neat, for only $0.89 I can get this here...
Many people spending a little will always outspend whales. But many people spending a little here, another little bit there and just that bit over there, too, are even better.
I mean, how many Rulers of Wraeclast are there (3, afaik) - but how many people buy small supporter packs for $60 a pop each league? A lot more. But that's about it in PoE.
You can't get another go at Überelder for 1,45€ or Boon of Plenty or anything. The ways to spend money on PoE are quite limited - whereas it seems that in Diablo you have unlimited ways of spending sums that don't hurt by themselves... until you realize that 1000x $0,89 are still $890.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
"
Aynix wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4diJdYgBpww

Hmm so it's a limit of 3 rank 10 2-stars (free if you've whaled that far already) and 2 rank 10 5-stars per gem according to him.

That means it will only cost $90k to max out your character on average. Wyatt should post a debunk on the "it will cost 6 figures to max you out" videos. It's a mere $90k!!
"
Mikrotherion wrote:
"

While not sure if it was specifically made for China, because I know near to nothing about the people there, I find it strange that I have read or heard in several articles/ videos that DI is targetting "whales". While this might be true, depending on how you define whale, from what I saw it rather targets people with a lack of control over their finances.
There are so many ways to spend a little here, a little there and, oh, neat, for only $0.89 I can get this here...
Many people spending a little will always outspend whales. But many people spending a little here, another little bit there and just that bit over there, too, are even better.
I mean, how many Rulers of Wraeclast are there (3, afaik) - but how many people buy small supporter packs for $60 a pop each league? A lot more. But that's about it in PoE.
You can't get another go at Überelder for 1,45€ or Boon of Plenty or anything. The ways to spend money on PoE are quite limited - whereas it seems that in Diablo you have unlimited ways of spending sums that don't hurt by themselves... until you realize that 1000x $0,89 are still $890.

It's actually both. They're nickel-and-diming AND they're targeting whales. Now, by whales, a lot of people include the streamers who are doing it for views; I do not. A whale, a true whale, does it purely out of self-interest and without any sort of profit in mind.

There is no reason for a well-made free to play p2w game ('well made' as in beautifully designed to rip everyone off) not to target both. You're talking about what the industry calls minnows and dolphins (gotta love that ongoing pelagic theme), with minnows being essentially tourists and dolphins your regular supporters.

https://www.gamemarketinggenie.com/blog/market-to-whales-dolphins-minnows

Kind of a sickening site but that's the reality of it from a business perspective. It's fishing, plain and simple, and we're the fish. We're just fish who, unlike real fish I presume, know what happens after we're caught in the net or realise the hook is stuck in our cheek and we lack the means to remove it that don't include straight up ripping it out. (fun aside: I felt so much better after ripping it out, even though it was less a hook and more like a harpoon in my guts. From Auckland's heart Chris stabbed at me...)

__

Anyway, re DI made for china, I linked this article from 2018 (either here or in another of these threads, there are too fucking many of them):

https://kotaku.com/the-past-present-and-future-of-diablo-1830593195

And this quote:

"
Another veteran designer who moved to incubation [of DI] was Wyatt Cheng, who had worked on Diablo III for over a decade and wanted a break, according to two people who know him. Blizzard had partnered with a Chinese company called NetEase to publish Diablo III as a free-to-play game in China, where it was a big success. At some point in 2016 or 2017, the two companies decided to collaborate, putting together what would be called Diablo Immortal—a Diablo game, with Cheng as lead designer, made only for phones. “Essentially it exists because we’ve heard that China really wants it,” said a current developer. “It is really for China.”

I feel that's about as close to a confirmation as we're gonna get, my friend.
The name says it all.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info