Diablo Immortal is POE killer

I would guess my server only has around 2k people 60+ because I see the same names all the time, dungeons are mostly empty, world events are mostly empty, and the clan battles were mostly empty last week. The only thing that's crowded is the shadow assembly because you stand there for 5 minutes and get half a level of exp for free. Maybe 200k people made it to 60+ if my server is average?

The level gating is only going to make things worse over time. Most people are in Hell 1 and Hell 2 right now and it's near impossible to get a full group for a dungeon. In a month people will be split between Hell 1, Hell 2, and Hell 3 and it will be even worse.

The paragon catch-up mechanic doesn't really help that much. All that matters is the meaningless stat known as Combat Rating which you have to buy with real money, roll 3-stat legendaries as uncommon drops (soft limit of ~6 legendaries per day that are mostly 2-stat), kill a biweekly boss, or get carried once you hit the next paragon tier so you can actually play on the difficulty you're supposed to be at. Until you hit paragon 30 you're stuck in eternal mediocrity and more and more people will quit because there's no real reason to stick around.
"
DiabloImmoral wrote:
Most people are in Hell 1
False. Most players are in Ashwold Cemetery.

Most players you know are in Hell.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Jun 13, 2022, 6:04:23 PM
"
Chalace2 wrote:

You missed the point entirely...

The simple fact is that 10 million+ people actually wanted to try it.
PoE gets MAX 200k, if that, also including bots, for a week every 3/4 months...

GGG has never gave us data about "downloads" of PoE.
Once again. Go learn the diffrence between dwonloads and CONCURRENT PLAYERS, then we can talk.
"
Aynix wrote:
"
Chalace2 wrote:

You missed the point entirely...

The simple fact is that 10 million+ people actually wanted to try it.
PoE gets MAX 200k, if that, also including bots, for a week every 3/4 months...

GGG has never gave us data about "downloads" of PoE.
Once again. Go learn the diffrence between dwonloads and CONCURRENT PLAYERS, then we can talk.

Cute...
Not sure what you're even arguing at this point. Or are you just trying to convince yourself?

We have a pretty good idea of how many people play PoE... along with 10 years of data, evidently showing minimal growth since 2018.

Currently *19, right behind wallpaper engine.
"
Chavolatra wrote:

And melee is really work without mirror tier build =). It is very impressive !!!.

Weird that mathil managed to kill wave 30 sim with less than 5k life and a abyssus with a melee build and cheap gear.

"
Chalace2 wrote:

We have a pretty good idea of how many people play PoE... along with 10 years of data, evidently showing minimal growth since 2018.

Link to the data paper please. I tried multible times in the past to get the data out of interest but their isnt any. Steam only doesnt count because it only represents a small part of the picture.
Last edited by Zerber on Jun 13, 2022, 8:20:17 PM
"
Zerber wrote:
"
Chavolatra wrote:

And melee is really work without mirror tier build =). It is very impressive !!!.

Weird that mathil managed to kill wave 30 sim with less than 5k life and a abyssus with a melee build and cheap gear.

"
Chalace2 wrote:

Link to the data paper please. I tried multible times in the past to get the data out of interest but their isnt any. Steam only doesnt count because it only represents a small part of the picture.

Steam is 60% of the picture.

8 mod maps are the new alch and go.
"
zakalwe55 wrote:

Steam is 60% of the picture.

Source?
"
Zerber wrote:

Extrapolation is a thing... it's not hard to work out.
"
Chalace2 wrote:
"
Zerber wrote:

So you dont have data and proof. Ok got it.

[Removed by Support]
Last edited by Will_GGG on Jun 14, 2022, 6:21:18 AM
"
Zerber wrote:
"
Chalace2 wrote:
"
Zerber wrote:

So you dont have data and proof. Ok got it.

[Removed by Support]

I guess for some it is...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info